New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
What to do...

verant123 said:
justwatching
suppose if we get NOF then is it bad situation?
what's the future, we waited for this much long and still how many days we have to wait?

Well, yes NOF is not good. You still get a couple chances to appeal. I believe if you don't think there is a chance of approval you can actually withdraw your application instead of having it denied.

"I THINK" (can't find where I read this) that you if you get denied you need to wait 6 months to apply again and that is why it is better to withdraw then you can reapply immediately.

At this point, I would think if you get NOF you

a) Wait for PERM
b) Move to Arizona - RIR processing April 2004, apply concurrent in California Service Center under pilot and get I-140/I-485 approval in 90 days. Or for those who can't add from zero to green card in 6 months!

thanks justwatching for valuable info
but as for me i cant do this means to move to arizona or CSC

i am already in 7th year now.so badluck for me
lets hope i may get labor once my attorney replies back that question from State DOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Desichai.com...

: :cool: Visit DesiChai.com.Everyday I check Immigration form and the next site I Visit is DesiChai.com....

Good entertainment site....

verant123 said:
thanks justwatching for valuable info
but as for me i cant do this means to move to arizona or CSC

i am already in 7th year now.so badluck for me
lets hope i may get labor once my attorney replies back that question from State DOL

I was just kidding about Arizona althought to be honest after I wrote it, it made think about it.

In your case you are still in State so chances are it's wages-related and hopefully can do something about that.

Otherwise, on a more serious note and if you really want to stay in the US you could go to Canada for 1 year and then come back.

I'm sure all will be ok.

Cant do anything?

Why cant rks do anything in this senario? I mean just because of one person's negligence the other persons life, carrier can be ruined? Cant any court give any direction to anyone? I mean cant he even sue someone for his/her supidity which will cause rks his carrier in USA ?
If the answer is NO then it is shocking to me that this is possible in a country for the people , of the people and by the people.
:mad:
Or even in the verant's case where they couldnot process his case for 3-4 years and now when he is at the end of his h1 limit they come up with an NOF and now u dont have time to react to that.(filing labor again in another state). So they can delay the things because of whatever reason and can not be reasonable to you. WHAT KIND OF PROCESS IS THIS ?

I dont know I m just too pissed off about this whole thing.

I dont know if I can celebrate my GC approval whole heartedly even if I get one coz I was all drained out in the whole process. (Atleast I wont be too proud of having a GC after all this bulshit).

Last edited by a moderator:
yes jani2711, i too can understand your thoughts man
we dont know what these guys in State and Regional DOL are doing?
we waited for this long and now they want to ask queries.

its part of life man,
i completed my 6 years and now in 7th year.so only i have to stay here in my office.i cant go to any other place or another company

hope everyone will be getting labors
God is there to help us .

verant123 said:
yes jani2711, i too can understand your thoughts man
we dont know what these guys in State and Regional DOL are doing?
we waited for this long and now they want to ask queries.

its part of life man,
i completed my 6 years and now in 7th year.so only i have to stay here in my office.i cant go to any other place or another company

hope everyone will be getting labors
God is there to help us .

Thats what i mean Dude ! That this is a process created by the people,for the people and of the people and ONLY GOD CAN HELP YOU to get thru.
I mean you can have a better democracy in a country of immigrants.
OR am i just pissed off? :confused:

Are you sure NOF is denied?

JustWatching said:
All:

NOF means a case has been denied. Regional issues NOF

45 day letters are sent from State (I don't think they are called RFE - this is the term used by USCIS not DOL) - These letters ask for clarification on things such as wage, job titles and experience.

The difference between the two is that NOF is determination of a case and letters are requests for information so they can make a determination on your case.

Attached latest tracker.

Slave_victim:

I am sorry to hear about your NOF. An NOF means your case been denied. However, your employer has the opportunity to appeal the case. Once they send the appeal, your case will either be approved or denied again. Your employer has a second chance to appeal again. After that your case will be approved or denied. No idea on how long this process takes.

Verant123:

I don't think yours is an NOF but a letter requesting clarification or your wage not being adequate (although other reasons exist for getting letter from NY SWA)

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer so act accordingly.

Most of the current posters are people that applied mid 2001. At that time, there was a lot of job offers that couldn't get filled. At that time, the economy was booming, people were talking "the sky's the limit" and no one even had the slightest idea about how fast things would turn around. At that time, my lawyer was expecting my LC to get approved within 9 months...
Well things have changed a lot since and although I feel the same frustration as you do, I've come to realize that this is the name of the game. If we were to be denied our LCs tomorrow, it would certainly change a lot of things in our lives but hey, we should be able to survive and start from scratch somewhere else :)
Be positive, have some sort of a backup plan (I like the Arizona idea though I don't know if I'd like living there indefinitely :D ) and the rest will follow.

Have a good week-end !

Checked with employer, still no news from state/regional. But my employer received 2 approvals from DOL.
gc999999999 said:
Following cases received updates at NY DOL

Date FROM TO Total Cases
2nd July FROM 025-08-330 TO 025-08-374 Total: 44
6th July FROM 025-08-375 TO 025-08-470 Total: 90
7th July FROM 025-08-471 TO 025-08-638 Total: 167

April 7th case from my employer is still pending... :confused:

October Filers Please check with your employer number and let us know any good news: :)

10/08/01 quickmouse
10/15/01 rakki
10/19/01 gc_kmk
10/21/01 Rajel
10/25/01 waitlisted

Rajel said:
Most of the current posters are people that applied mid 2001. At that time, there was a lot of job offers that couldn't get filled. At that time, the economy was booming, people were talking "the sky's the limit" and no one even had the slightest idea about how fast things would turn around. At that time, my lawyer was expecting my LC to get approved within 9 months...
Well things have changed a lot since and although I feel the same frustration as you do, I've come to realize that this is the name of the game. If we were to be denied our LCs tomorrow, it would certainly change a lot of things in our lives but hey, we should be able to survive and start from scratch somewhere else :)
Be positive, have some sort of a backup plan (I like the Arizona idea though I don't know if I'd like living there indefinitely :D ) and the rest will follow.

Have a good week-end !

It feels like I made a right decision when I bought a home in India before I planned to buy a house here :)
Look at us, after living in this country for 6-7 years, making good money, paying all due taxes and SS stillllll we are not 'SETTLED' in this country.

I hope everything will be fine and will come out good be positive , i understand its not easy but what other options we have a feeling the way everything changed after we filed our GC and became worst it will change to the nice very shortly and will become nice and good for everybody.

So be positive and hope fully we will hear something nice coming up.

thanks folks today i saw so many posts in our forum. i also posted lot of posts but other people are also coming and participating
its really good ..keep it up and please come and participate

i am just waiting from my attorney.i think my previous attorney who resigned from company screwed . the new attorney is ok and i am only providing all the info to him and he is calling state and regional people

God help me to overcome this burden

this is from NJ forum

oajnabi
Registered User Join Date: Mar 2004

Hi,
After readvertising(RIR/EB3 - Programmer/Analyst) my position and interviewing the candidates my co. sent the reply to NJ SESA. They forwarded the case to NY, DOL. Nw my co. recd. another NOF from DOL,NY for 'Intention to deny' the application based on the reply we sent. They are
saying out of around 40 candidates they think 10 candidates may be qualified for the position even tough my co. rejected them. So they want more explanation for the rejection.
Is anybody has in this situation before? Is there any chance of getting approval?

Please advise. Thanks in advance

oajnabi

Thanks to all

Thanks to all for the info. My attorney recieved the letter today today stating that the salary should be 9000 $ more at this time according to my experience and job title. Attorney says it should be ok when we provide the same by giving a letter from employer or prove the wages are correct in the perticular area. Where to a get info abt the prevailng wages based on places.

Thanks again

Updates NY DOL Received cases

8th July FROM 025-08-639 TO 025-08-882 TOTAL: 243

gc999999999 said:
Following cases received updates at NY DOL

Date FROM TO Total Cases
2nd July FROM 025-08-330 TO 025-08-374 Total: 44
6th July FROM 025-08-375 TO 025-08-470 Total: 90
7th July FROM 025-08-471 TO 025-08-638 Total: 167

April 7th case from my employer is still pending... :confused:

October Filers Please check with your employer number and let us know any good news: :)

10/08/01 quickmouse
10/15/01 rakki
10/19/01 gc_kmk
10/21/01 Rajel
10/25/01 waitlisted

Hello Gurus

Whats new!!!!!!!!!!! any updates i hope this month should atleast start Oct Cases and Next month should be Nov Cases.

Hello Slave Victim

Slave_Victim
Registered User Join Date: Mar 2004

Thanks to all

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to all for the info. My attorney recieved the letter today today stating that the salary should be 9000 $ more at this time according to my experience and job title. Attorney says it should be ok when we provide the same by giving a letter from employer or prove the wages are correct in the perticular area. Where to a get info abt the prevailng wages based on places.

Thanks again

What was your filing date and what was the answer was it a NOF or RFE please advice

Status
Not open for further replies.