New York Regional DOL Tracker

Pre-Appoved Labor

Same for me, I have about 5 months reminding on my H1B, and have been in this labor process more than 2 1/2 years. I'm in Datawarehousing mainily in Microstrategy tool sets. email: snakedragon1970@hotmail.com. Thanks

help4lc said:
I am looking for a pre-approved labor.
I have 9 months left for 6 yrs on my H1 visa to end.My current employer applied for my GC- but I don't think they company will survive that long.

Please send me an email at help4lc@yahoo.com.

Hi All,
Did Any one tried to get the status from NY DOL BY NY DOL AVM??
I am not able to get status.....

We can get NOF from both.

Gc Pain said:
Today My attorney inform me that I got NOF from NJ state on labor certification regarding prevailing wages. I wonder how come NJ state issue NOF on prevailing wages? I was in impression that Prevailing wages query supposed to be generated by regional level(NY DOL) but not Statelevel. Please correct me if i am wrong. Thanks in advance for your information.

NY DOL UPDATE OCT 13th

NY DOL last updated upto Oct 13th
Last case # received by Oct 13th -- 02511189
Total cases received between sept 29th-Oct13 -1189- 860=329 cases
GOD_BLESS_YOU said:
NY DOL last updated up to sept 29th.
Last case # received by sept29th -02510890
Total cases received between sept 10th-sep29-860- 650=210 cases

Around 3400 cases pending As of today

GOD_BLESS_YOU said:
NY DOL last updated upto Oct 13th
Last case # received by Oct 13th -- 02511189
Total cases received between sept 29th-Oct13 -1189- 860=329 cases

assuming the cases around MAY 25th are cleared,There are a total of 3400 cases pending for process at NY DOL Regional

This excluding another 2months cases received from States and pending to be entered in to NY DOL AVM system

Last edited by a moderator:
Case Certified after getting NOF

After getting NOF my case is certified on Oct 14 after having long labor pain...

BigMouth said:
NY DOL issued NOF today on my case.
DOT Code: 030.162-014

Guys: I learned DOL issued NOF, is anybody has reason issuing NOF?

Pl. post.

DOL Backlog Plans

check this...

DOL National Processing Centers and Backlog Elimination Centers Operation Guidance

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10/20/2004: DOL National Processing Centers and Backlog Elimination Centers Operation Guidance
AILA has released the DOL Memo of September 29, 2004 to give guidance to the State labor certification offices (SWA) on the changes of operation of permanent labor certification application in connection with the launch and operation of the Backlog Elimination Centers (BEC) in Philadelphia and Dallas and the National Processing Centers (NPC) for the PERM in Chicago and Atlanta. The Memo indicates that the BEC has gone into operation since the beginning of the FY 2005, October 1, 2004, and the NPC will go into operation by the end of the year, December 31, 2004. The Memo indicates that these new national processing system of the permanent labor certification applications will be in place regardless of the PERM Program which is currently stalled at the White House for the OMB Review.

Timeline-Cutoff Date: (1) If the PERM regulation is released by the White House and published by the DOL, the current labor certification system including RIR will be ceased "60 day" from the date of the release of the regulation. Should this happen, the labor departments will not accept old labor certification applications and the state offices will be phased out when it comes to processing of the permanent labor certification applications from the date. This timeline implies that assuming that the PERM regulation will be released right after the national election, unless the employers are ready to file RIR applications within the next two months or so after completing the recruitment, it will be too late for them to file the applications under the labor certification system. (2) If the PERM regulation collapses due to the disagreement by the White House, the DOL will continue to operate the permanent labor certification system under the existing rule but under the completely different processing system as follows. The cut-off date is January 1, 2005.
New Permanent Labor Certification Processing System: Permanent labor certification will be totally converted into a "national processing" system effective January 1, 2005 and the state offices will be phased out as of January 1, 2005 in a manner which is described below. Conversion into the national processing system will bring about a steeper change than the simple change of processing agency in that the permanent labor certification applications will be processed under the "uniform" national queue regardless of the locations and under the rule of the "FIFO" ( First In First Out) regardless of the locations. Accordingly, the NPCs and BECs will process the cases in the order of the priority date of each application no matter where the case was filed. This change will result in some big consequencesto the labor certification waiters: The oldest backlog cases will be processed first regardless of the locations. This inevitably forces the DOL (NPC and BEC) to focus on the cases which are pending in certain locations such as San Francisco and big 10 states where there are a huge number of backlog cases going back to years and years. The big losers will be people in those states who enjoyed prompt processing until now (mostly small states) such as New Hemphshire, Vermont, Maine, Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, etc. Since the labor certification will be processed under a uniform "national" processing schedule on a FIFO basis, the people in these states will witness negative changes in the processing times.
Processing Changes and Timelines: The current Regions and State Offices will be gradually phased out as follows:
The State offices will cease to take a new permanent labor certification applications effective January 1, 2005 regardless of the PERM program.
Until January 1, 2005, the State Offices will take new cases under the existing labor certification regulation.
If the State Offices complete processing of certain cases and are ready for forwarding to the current Regional Offices for certification before the end of the year, they are required to forward the completed cases to the current Regional Certifying Officers as they did it in the past.
If the State Offices opened the cases but were unable to complete processing of the opened cases by December 31, 2004, they are required to continue and complete processing of such cases and forward such cases for certification not to the Regional Certifying Officer but to one of the NPC in Chicago or Atlanta.
If the State Offices have cases which were received but unopened or processed, such cases are required to be transferred to the BECs in Philadelphia and Dallas under the following schedules:
10/1/04: Large number of oldest cases will be transferred to the BEC from San Francisco.
Early October - End of October 2004: The oldest cases from other Regions and States will be transferred to the BEC.
January - March 2005: Rest of the backlog cases will be transferred to the BEC (Philadelphia, Dallas) or the Regional Offices in New York, Boston, San Francisco.
Under the schedules, only "unopened" cases are allowed to be transferred to the BEC. Consequently, "opened" cases will be kept being processed by the State Offices even after March 2005.

The new system is equitable and admirable in the sense that it totally eliminates inequity and unfairness that have existed until now depending on where an immigrant goes through the labor certification process. It will, however, be taken by some people in certain states as a shock. Life changes.

SOURCE:
http://www.immigration-law.com
Click on Breaking News and scroll down...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Department of Labor to Change Labor Certification Processing in Fiscal Year 2005, Whether or Not PERM is Passed

The Department of Labor (DOL) has been talking about implementing PERM, or the Program Electronic Review Management System, since early 1999. Ever since DOL conceived of the PERM program, it has been promising that regulations would soon be promulgated to implement PERM. It was not until 2002 that DOL finally published proposed PERM regulations. It was thought that shortly after they were published, DOL would publish a final rule implementing PERM. It is now 2004 and still no final rule has been published.

At this point, the final PERM regulations are expected to be published by the end of calendar year 2004, and should be operational within 60 days of their publication. However, given DOL’s track record with implementing PERM, this may or may not happen.

When the final rule is published on PERM, it will streamline Labor Certification processing. In an effort to move toward that goal of streamlining Labor Certifications, even in the event that a final rule is not published, the Department of Labor has come up with a contingency plan that will change Labor Certification processing from a state-federal system into a federal system during FY 2005. This plan will only go into effect in the event that the PERM regulations are not published.

The Assistant Secretary for Employment and Training, Emily Stover DeRocco, issued a memo to State Workforce Agency Administrators apprising them of the plans to streamline Labor Cert processing during FY 2005. The Transition Guidance memo does not explain how PERM will change Labor Certification processing. Rather, the memo explains that even if the PERM regulations are not adopted by the end of the calendar year, the Department of Labor will make changes to streamline Labor Certification processing. It details those changes.

Following are highlights from the memo. For more information, read the memo.

1. SWA’s will be responsible to accept Labor Certification applications, but will no longer be responsible for processing the applications.
2. Labor Cert. processing will shift from the SWA’s to a centralized federal location where federal and state processing will be consolidated.
3. The Department of Labor will establish Backlog Elimination Centers in Philadelphia and Dallas, and Labor Certification applications currently pending at the Federal level will be processed by the Backlog Elimination Centers. They will eventually handle backlogs from the SWA’s as well.
4. National Processing Centers will be established in Atlanta and Chicago where all applications (except for those processed through the Backlog Reduction Centers) will be processed. The national centers should be operational by the end of this year.
5. After January 1, 2005, if PERM is not published, the SWAs will continue to “date stamp” and log in any Labor Certs they receive for processing. They will then forward the new cases to the new Atlanta or Chicago National Processing Centers for adjudication.
6. The SWA’s will continue to be funded through FY 2005 to coordinate this transfer of cases to the federal processing centers, as well as to provide prevailing wage determinations (including for the H-1B program).

In short, this means that even if PERM is not passed, the Labor Certification processing procedures will be totally different starting on January 1, 2005. Labor Cert processing will be administered entirely by the federal government which, in theory at least, should cut down on the processing time. One definite result of these changes will be to introduce uniformity in Labor Certification processing times across the country. No longer will people in places like New York and Washington D.C. have to wait 2+ years for a Labor Certification approval while people in Boston and Denver only have to wait 2 months.

SOURCE:
http://www.usvisahelp.com/nw_vol3_iss12.html

Last edited by a moderator:
the memo says that a first shipement in october will be from states with the oldest backlog. as an example, i'm in washington state that is one of the slowest states , they r still processing sep 2002 as of now for RIR, but my PD is april 2004. so do u expect that the whole queue of rir in washinfgton state will be moved to BEC (including my case) in october ,or just the earliest cases (let's say from sep 2002 to sep 2003 ,as an example) ?

regards,

Congrats BigMouth

Hey Congrats.

Can you please let us know, when NY DOL received it into their system.

Thanks,
Teky.

BigMouth said:
Case was filed from NJ-DOL and moved on May 6th.

Considering my case was sent from NJ on May 20th But it was in NY system as Jun17th, based on May 6th date NYDOL must be processing around end of May or start of Jun cases.

Assumption & hope is all I have.

I am in the same boat with SlowLC, Ronbans, and Nivasch. My case was in regional DOL on May 6, and I received NOF on Sep.14, which is regarding prevailing wage. My company responded to DOL a week before, they didn't issue a letter, but in stead an attempt to chanllege DOL's requirement, as what they demand is sort of too much :-(

My attonery told me if DOL refused my company's request, they will issue a final NOF, and then if my company want to compromise, they have to issue that letter, saying they will pay this amount of salary when I receive my GC, and it may take about one more month for DOL to approve/issue my LC; however if DOL accepts my company's challenge, NY DOL will send my case back to NJ state DOL, have paper documented there and then forward all the way back to NY regional office again, which might take 3-4 more months.

Cuz, I have lost all of my feelings already, even having no idea which way I would prefer. Looks my case is much more complicated than SlowLC, Ronbans and Nivasch... Do you think I can get through all of this?

BTW, anybody knows that if NY AVM will update information once they received the response regarding NOF from applicant? Anybody has similar experience like me?

Anyway, I will pray for all of us here!

SlowLC said:
Dear friends,

Just want to share my information with you guys.
Case filed NJ State: 02/25/2002
Approved and transfered to NY DOL: around 05/10/2004
Case received by NY DOL: 05/17/2004
NOF issued by NY DOL on prevailing wage: 10/01/2004

Called lawyer. He said it needed to repost inside company for around 10 days.
looks like I am in same situation with Ronbans and Nivasch.

I will post any updates here.

good luck to all of you!

SlowLC

"Labor Certified" after receiving NOF from NYDOL

palmighty said:
NY DOL issued NOF yesterday on my case.
DOT Code: 030.162-014
Date of case received by NY DOL: May 5th
NOF issue date: 09/14/2004

Keep you all posted once I heard from my attorney.

Friends,
The long wait at the first step is over. My labor is certified.
After my attorney/company replied for the query [Prevailing wages], it is certified in a week time.
I want to thank you all for your advice/questions/suggestions. This forum is definitely a valuable resource. I wish you all a Good Luck. And I do pray for you all.

I am in the same situation as anxious heart...

Hi,

My lawyer receive an NOF from the NY DOL and they have changed my coding from programmer analyst to a software engineer and are asking a prewaling wage salary of 20k more than wat is there on the labor application...my lawyer tried talking to the NY DOL case officer and they replied saying if employer wants to contest it will take 6 months or more as they will send the application back to the NJ state for prewaling wage expert to look at the application again...my employer has agreed to accept the wage specified by the NY DOL...hope i will not be facing any issues for my next stages (I140 ability to pay, etc...)
Details:
NJ SESA : 27 Feb 2002
NY DOL RD : 17th May
NOF NY DOL : 14th Oct
Not yet replied to NOF...

Certified

Guys,

Finally I Got My Labor Certified,
I Got Nof Rfe's At Both State And Dol Levels

I Started The Process Back In March 2001 Submitted 9/2/2001
Got Certified Last Week.
As A Financial Analyst

There's Hope For Everyone Out There, Just Hang In There...

Thanks To All On This Forum You've Been A Great Help Through This, I'll See You All In The I140 / I485 Forum...

It seems that the NY DOl is merged with Boston, I checked up in US-DOL it says Region1 - Boston and Region-1 Newyork have been merged. I saw this in the DOl website under region and states and then More info on region 1. If anybody can shed more light on this it would be good.