New York Regional DOL Tracker

TECHWAIT said:
It seems that the NY DOl is merged with Boston, I checked up in US-DOL it says Region1 - Boston and Region-1 Newyork have been merged. I saw this in the DOl website under region and states and then More info on region 1. If anybody can shed more light on this it would be good.

Happened a while ago, wouldn't expect any changes.

some info

good news to share

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi NY folks
its long time i came and posted some info
i just want to give some information

my case has been filed from NY city on sept 1st week of 2001, i was layoffed from my company in august 2004 after 4 years of service there, i am in 7th year at that time.

i dont know where i have to go becoz my company is big financial firm ,they already informed INS about my case that i got layoffed,
they just give me some time so that i can look for another place

after wasting valuable time in ny, i got employer from NJ, he applied my labor from Maine, my laobor got Approved in 5 months without any queries

after i got layoffed from previous company, new employer applied 140/485/ead/ap for me in sept 2004
i got my EAD/AP approved in just 9 days, THANK GOD FOR THAT
and i got I 140 appoved email yesterday
i was so happy
my wife got rfe's on EAD/AP but yesterday she got EAD approval email
hope she'll get AP approval also

thanks everyone who helped this NY forum to this level
ahalem,justwatching and other people

ALL THE BEST, MAY GOD BLESS YOU GUYS
really GOD helped us in this critical juncture

Damn Lawyer

I just check the AVM by my company's phone number. It says that my case is received on Oct 12th. But NJ DOL said that they sent my case to NY regional office at Aug 6th. Is this normal??

My lawyer is very terrible and doesn't want to answer my phone call. It seems like he delays my case again!! Damn!!

What is the case number they are processing right now??

Anyone has any idea? My case number is 0251102X. When can I get my LC clear? I have waited my LC for 3 years. Really feel tired......

do not ask me!

Oh! do not ask me this qtn!!! Mine is in still with NJ labor dept.

NL Labor application date: Sep-29th-2002.

Hi

Does anyone know what the following DOT code stand for: 030.162-014?

Thanks
ind

Last edited by a moderator:
question

Application sent to NY State August 21, 2001. No answer neither from SESA nor from Regional. If it went to Regional without any problems, when would it be approved? What date is Regional approving cases now?
Thanks

At Last Labor Approved

Yes. My Labour has been approved as of today Oct 28th 2004.

Applied at NJ -- Jan 28th 2002
Moved to NY -- Jun 17th 2004 after a RFE from NJ.
Approved Oct 28th 2004.

Best of Luck to all you out there -- Hang in there.

ashhegde,

Congratulations!!! :)

Would you please share us your case number without the last digit? Thanks. :)

How long did it take to transfer your case from NJ to NY. Just like my previous post, my case took 2 month. It makes me feel very terrible......

DOL Transition -- updates

1. DOL Transition Watch: DOL Provides More Insight
©MurthyDotCom
We reported in our October 22, 2004 MurthyBulletin on the ongoing transformation in the process for labor certification adjudication. That article, entitled DOL Sends Transition Plan to SWAs, is available on MurthyDotCom. This has raised many questions. We recently received additional clarification, based on an October 8, 2004 meeting between key staff members of the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) and members of the American Immigration Lawyer's Association (AILA). Additional information was also provided to AILA on October 15, 2004. These details shed more light on the DOL transition plan.
©MurthyDotCom
DOL Vision for Uniform Processing Times and National Standards
©MurthyDotCom
The October 8, 2004 meeting included a tour of the new Backlog Elimination Center (BEC) in Philadelphia. The DOL confirmed that the BECs have a new software system in place to begin processing the backlogged cases. The DOL shared its vision with AILA; to process all temporary (H2A, H2B) and permanent labor certification filings at the two national processing centers in Atlanta and Chicago that report directly to national headquarters. This vision includes the development of uniform national standards and processes.
©MurthyDotCom
Backlog Elimination Centers (BECs)
©MurthyDotCom
DOL understands that, before its long-term vision can be accomplished, the backlog of 310,000 labor certification cases must be addressed. These are the cases that will be transferred and processed at the BECs in Philadelphia and Dallas within the next two years. To accomplish this goal, each BEC is staffed with 35-40 federal employees and approximately 100 contract workers. The contract workers will provide administrative support and the federal employees will adjudicate the cases. Recruitment efforts to fill the federal employee positions included notifying the State Workforce Agencies (SWAs) of the available positions. Dallas has completed more of its recruitment than Philadelphia.
©MurthyDotCom
Approximately 10,000 cases are in the Philadelphia BEC and contractors are in the process of entering data on the cases that were transferred from the Philadelphia Regional Office. Once the data is input, DOL will send Center Receipt Notification Letters (CRNL), expected to go to the employers having filed the labor certifications or to the attorneys of record on the cases. These letters will require response within 45 days to indicate the cases are still viable. If a response on a case is not received within 45 days it will be closed by the DOL, which has indicated that there will not be flexibility on this 45-day deadline.
©MurthyDotCom
The next batch of cases to be transferred to the BECs will be approximately 20,000 cases from the San Francisco Region (Region VI). The BECs will use a First-In / First-Out (FIFO) approach to all cases, meaning that the oldest cases will be processed first. A contractor has been hired specifically to determine which regions have the oldest cases and how to efficiently transfer these cases to the BECs. Though FIFO will be used for both RIR and traditional labor certification cases, they will each have a separate track. This means that an RIR processed under the FIFO system likely still will be processed faster than a traditional labor certification processed on a FIFO basis.
©MurthyDotCom
PERM / National Processing Centers
©MurthyDotCom
If and when PERM is implemented, the Atlanta and Chicago Centers will directly process cases. These PERM Centers, also referred to as the National Processing Centers (NPCs), are building an infrastructure for web-based filing. The Chicago Center is already in the midst of being established. Each Center is in the process of hiring approximately 50 primarily federal employees. DOL also has a curriculum prepared to train its new staff. Temporary processing (H2As and H2Bs) will be migrated to the two NPCs. The transfer is expected to be completed by the end of the year. DOL still expects the PERM regulation to be published by the end of 2004, but, as regular MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers are aware, there is no guarantee that PERM will now be published.
©MurthyDotCom
Until PERM is published, the Atlanta and Chicago Centers will function as additional BECs. If PERM is not published, an alternate regulation will be required to eliminate the SWAs' intake of labor certification cases. The Atlanta and Chicago Centers will function as national processing centers.
©MurthyDotCom
New York and San Francisco Regional Offices
©MurthyDotCom
The New York and San Francisco Regional Offices will not close until at least January 2006. These two offices will continue to process permanent labor certifications until that time. The DOL is working to integrate the computer systems of all offices into a uniform national software network.
©MurthyDotCom
SWAs
©MurthyDotCom
The SWAs will finish processing cases that have already been opened for review and/or recruitment. All other cases will be eventually transferred to one of the DOL Centers. The DOL said that the Federal Register should have regulatory activity published regarding the SWAs before the end of the calendar year.
©MurthyDotCom
Conclusion
©MurthyDotCom
The last two years have brought major changes to the immigration landscape. The Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) was abolished and replaced by the USCIS, ICE, and the CBP. Now, the DOL is restructuring its processes. Throughout these changes, MurthyDotCom and the MurthyBulletin have provided you with useful information and analysis. We will continue to assess these changes and update you, our loyal readers.
©MurthyDotCom
© 2004 The Law Office of Sheela Murthy, P.C. All Rights Reserved

©MurthyDotCom
2. DOL Region 5 Reorganized
©MurthyDotCom
In anticipation of the implementation of the DOL transition plan described in our October 22, 2004 MurthyBulletin article, DOL Sends Transition Plan to SWAs, available on MurthyDotCom, the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) has issued a recent memo to State Workforce Agencies (SWAs), informing them that the DOL Region 5 (Chicago) has been reorganized.
©MurthyDotCom
The plan is to move federal foreign labor certification staff nationwide, into the newly-created National Processing Centers (NPC) in Atlanta and Chicago by the end of calendar year 2004. This Memo, issued on October 21, 2004, continues to refer to the centers in Atlanta and Chicago as PERM centers, which seems to indicate that the DOL has not yet given on the implementation of PERM. As was explained in our article cited above covering the Transition Plan, however, these processing centers will be utilized with or without PERM. They either will act as PERM processing centers or National Processing Centers, depending upon the fate of PERM. The Region 5 Reorganization memo also indicates an address for the Chicago Perm Processing Center, which presumably would become the Chicago National Processing Center if PERM is not implemented.
©MurthyDotCom
We continue to closely monitor the ongoing changes with the DOL and the labor certification processing procedures to assist you in your planning. We will inform MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers as these events unfold and changes occur.

Congrats AshHegde

Congrats ashhegde.

Can you let us know what date it was showing when you called up DOL Line.

Generally the moving from NJ to NY takes some time.

Was June 17th, the time it started moving from NJ or the date in the NY DOL phone system ?

Thanks,
Teky.

teky said:
Congrats ashhegde.

Can you let us know what date it was showing when you called up DOL Line.

Generally the moving from NJ to NY takes some time.

Was June 17th, the time it started moving from NJ or the date in the NY DOL phone system ?

Thanks,
Teky.

NJ told me that it was sent to NY on May20th BUt it was in the system as Jun17th.
Case no was 025081** --0303.062.010

Certified

Hi guys,

Got news from 212-227-2184 yesterday and finally from attorney today that my LC has been certified on October 22nd...

Filing Date: Feb 22nd 2002
Rcvd on NY Regional: May 13th 2004
RFE (Prevailing Wage): September 28th 2004
Employer agreed and replied back: October 7th 2004
Certified: October 22nd 2004

Hopefully all you guys will have good news soon...this forum has given me all the strength to always move forward in this slow path. But there is light out there - good luck to you all...

msdn2006 said:
NY DOL processing July 2nd Cases as of OcT 28.

Could you please be more specific on how you obtained such information? Of course, to me, it is a good news as long as the NY DOL is moving, regardless the turtle speed they are moving on.