New York City Transfers

3 e-mails from CRIS

jhawilla said:
Application Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status:

On April 8, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

This USCIS is really funny... Where is my GC????? 4xEAD.

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number: MSCxxxxx20070

Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On April 11, 2006, an approval notice was mailed. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business hours.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the USCIS.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Last edited by a moderator:
Need Information

Hey Friends

I like to know whoever had an interview at federal Plaza in the pass few months (under 245I category) have they received their GC's in mail yet???
Especially the retorgressed category. I was told by the Immigration officer that there will be a second interview for all who have been interview already.
It was very upsetting to know that inspite a long wait these people wants us to wait for 2 more years... this is absurd.

By the way I finished my interview today, nothing interesting but this wait time was unnerving. although our PD is apr 30, 01 and they are processing mar 01, so technically it is two months behind. will it take two years to process two months worth of cases although it may be in many numbers.

Newyorker012

What u talking about? VSC processing date is 15MAR05. TSC are processing 30SEP05. Even if, I don`t think this dates matters to u. Already processed, interviewed and retrogressed, u just need wait for visa number. I may be wrong if u aren`t an Indian guy.

Hi Jhawilla

It does not matter if VSC is processing whatever date, Once it is transferred and you are in a retrogressed country section, like myself, which is currently processing Mar01(Indian Guy) then this is what she told me.. and i am not talking about an infopass apointment dude. I am talking about an interview here and I asked and she told me 2 years atleast and re interviewing for all cases over 6 months. So this is what the situation dictates right now.. I hope she is wrong..

Newyorker012

This is madness, I had my interview 05 got transfer on october 05 to vsc, PD 01, 245i. Now, you telling me they might interview agian & it will take 2 more years?

I hope they are joking?

Hi Gclord2002

Although this sounds outrageous but I don't really think now that after an interview the ordeal actually comes to an end.. ....

The ordeal goes on for another 2 years .......

Newyorker012

Newyorker012,

am glad that your interview got over. is there any specific questions asked that we shud be aware of.

Today,I went to Federal plaza with infopass appt to do staus inquiry on my 485 application. Went to 8 th floor. I met IO in the counter and told them that my case been xfer from VSC back to NYC and asked when can we expect interviews. IO told to come back and check the status after 5months as they are scheduling interview as of Feb 2001 PD. Came back with frustration.luckily they have rec'd my file and i did address change too.

team,any inputs/exp.Plspost.

Regards.

Hi Goankar & NY-NIW

For interview you only need to know that if you are a 245I case then take all your three month paystub(with copies), your birth certificates(with copies), your W2(with copies), your employment letter, and the rest of the stuff like passport & medical reports. The one we had was a crazy woman, and the setting of the room at federal plaza is weird , the chairs we are suppose to be sitting is way back away from the officer, so everytime you have to ge up and hand her the paper work.

She/He will ask for your passport & when you entered the country, then birth certificates , employment letter, and paystub... I would recommend to carry a n organized file with all these documents in order to avoid any confusion. Neverthless at the end she/he will let you know that the visa numbers are not available and a second interview with a 2 year waiting period is required..

Anyways I wanted to find out if anyone whose interview was complete at NYC federal plaza and their priority date became current have received anything from USCIS yet?

How many people in the forum has been interviewed and got anything in mail yet?

I guess that will provide some information of what is goin on

Newyorker012

Name Check

Hi friends,

Did anybobdy had to do a Name Check status enquiry? Can you please let me know how to initiate a Name Check status check.

Thanks for your help.

I've waited 3 months after my PD became current. Numerous visits to local office were a waste of time, they would send you home saying wait. They will send you I181 wit EAC # totally different than one on a I485. Good luck to everyone ...

My parents had an interview on March 15th. EB3 case, PD April 14th, 2001, Worldwide.

The officer took the I-140, and their pictures and copies of some other documents after the interview and just wrote 'I-485 Pending' on their passports and didn't say anything. Unfortunately, neither my parents, nor the lawyer (whom we paid $500 to go with them) asked him anything about when they may recieve their cards or any other info.

In another couple of weeks, if we don't hear anything, we're planning on going down there with an infopass appointment to inquire about their cases.

Hi Folks

There's been a lot of hassles with these PD's being retrogressed and even through the INS should be working systematically on it, they really seem to have no idea what they are doing. GOD should just help us get out of this sitaution as quickly as possible. I wish good luck to all stuck here in this GC slaughterhouse. Someday ther will be hope for INS
Newyorker012

Newyorker012 said:
Hi Folks

There's been a lot of hassles with these PD's being retrogressed and even through the INS should be working systematically on it, they really seem to have no idea what they are doing. GOD should just help us get out of this sitaution as quickly as possible. I wish good luck to all stuck here in this GC slaughterhouse. Someday ther will be hope for INS
Newyorker012

Did any one called VSC to check status of the application. If so what is the number? I am planning to call VSC.

Thanks and appriciate it very much.

try this - good luck

Please call the 1-800-375-5283 NSC and follow the below steps. Here is the sequence of steps i followed to get to this:

Press 1 (for english),
press 2 (for existing case),
press 6 (for case statues etc),
then press 1( for knowing your receipt no.),
enter the receipt # to get the automated response saying blah blah blah and also at the end saying this is the most upto date information on your case and our customer the same info national customer service agents have (i totally agree with this).
Then choose to continue to the next step "press 3" . choose 3
Listen to the options-
Option 4 "if you feel if you submitted together and one of the applications is left out and not processed (don't remmember the exact message text ..but something about companion case "

You get transferred to VSC after choosing option 4.

Akbari said:
Please call the 1-800-375-5283 NSC and follow the below steps. Here is the sequence of steps i followed to get to this:

Press 1 (for english),
press 2 (for existing case),
press 6 (for case statues etc),
then press 1( for knowing your receipt no.),
enter the receipt # to get the automated response saying blah blah blah and also at the end saying this is the most upto date information on your case and our customer the same info national customer service agents have (i totally agree with this).
Then choose to continue to the next step "press 3" . choose 3
Listen to the options-
Option 4 "if you feel if you submitted together and one of the applications is left out and not processed (don't remmember the exact message text ..but something about companion case "

You get transferred to VSC after choosing option 4.

thanks Akbari

I-485 Approved no card so far

Hi you all

I'm 1st time here, though I'v been reading a lot @ night. :eek: :cool:

My PD: 4/30/2001 Other Workers (EB3???)
Weird thihg my case was transferred to Federal Plaza on Sept 2004,
but I'v had an interview in Garden City on Nov 2005,
Received aproval From Garden City on 4/7/06 (dated 4/4/06).

The aproval says: ;)
**IF YOU ALREADY HAVE YOUR GREEN CARD, DISREGARD THIS NOTICE**
Your application for status as a permanent resident has been approved. Please come to the Garden City I.N.S. office on 4/28/06 at 1:00:00PM for I-89 processing and/or passport stamping.
Bring this notice along with your valid passport and Form I-94 (Arrival/Departure Record). Ask for any 245 District Adjudications Officer.

My online case status still says: :confused:

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status
Current Status:
On September 30, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application :confused: to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in NEW YORK, NY for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in NEW YORK, NY will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, blah, blah, blah...

I hope that with the retrogression on May my case will not be affected.
I mean it can't be anymore!!! :eek: RIGHT??? :eek:
Hope everyone got a good news soon.
Hope my is in the today's mail.

AnDyReJ said:
Hi you all

I'm 1st time here, though I'v been reading a lot @ night. :eek: :cool:

My PD: 4/30/2001 Other Workers (EB3???)
Weird thihg my case was transferred to Federal Plaza on Sept 2004,
but I'v had an interview in Garden City on Nov 2005,
Received aproval From Garden City on 4/7/06 (dated 4/4/06).

The aproval says: ;)
**IF YOU ALREADY HAVE YOUR GREEN CARD, DISREGARD THIS NOTICE**
Your application for status as a permanent resident has been approved. Please come to the Garden City I.N.S. office on 4/28/06 at 1:00:00PM for I-89 processing and/or passport stamping.
Bring this notice along with your valid passport and Form I-94 (Arrival/Departure Record). Ask for any 245 District Adjudications Officer.

My online case status still says: :confused:

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status
Current Status:
On September 30, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application :confused: to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in NEW YORK, NY for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in NEW YORK, NY will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, blah, blah, blah...

I hope that with the retrogression on May my case will not be affected.
I mean it can't be anymore!!! :eek: RIGHT??? :eek:
Hope everyone got a good news soon.
Hope my is in the today's mail.

My PD is November 1996. Had interview May, 2005 at fed plaza. Got transfer to VSC october 05. Still have No news, I am getting sick to my stomach.

Letter from VSC (regarding my I-485)
Thursday, April 13, 2006
On 03/07/2006 you contacted us about your case.
" Based on your request we researched the status of this case. We are actively processing this case. However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please call costumer service."

What u guys think, they will clean up all the cases till OCT or not?

We have to bother them as much as we can

I think all of us should call and inqure about the case as often as possible.

Does anyone know how the bi-specialization will affect our cases?

Andy