New York City Transfers

Green Card

Hi, everyone.
Finally, I received green card by mail yesterday.
Here is my history
PD: 3/1/2001
Labor Cert. approval: 8/20/2002
I-485 & &140 filing: 10/22/2002
I-140 approval: 3/1/2003
I-485 transferred to NYC local office: 7/24/2004
Letter of Interview received: 12/22/2005
Interview: 2/7/2006
Welcome notice: 3/10/2006
Green Card: 3/13/2006

Just like everyone else, it's been a long, long, stressful and confusing wait.
I am very glad finally it's over. Hope everyone here will get your green card soon.

BETH88: Congratullations, u r very lucky!
Transferred to NYC in JUL04, How come u were not on those 10000 that got transferred to VSC without interview? this was right b4 your interv. letter date.
U r EB3?

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations to people receiving their GC's after a long wait. Must be a great feeling.

Well we will soon get that feeling ourselves

Hey Rainu,

Don't worry urself, It is too close for you to give up now. Hold the battlefield, You are about to emerge with victory. and all those who are in this battle will come out of this victorious. Hang in there Y;all

Newyorker012

jhawilla said:
BETH88: Congratullations, u r very lucky!
Transferred to NYC in JUL04, How come u were not on those 10000 that got transferred to VSC without interview? this was right b4 your interv. letter date.
U r EB3?
Thank you. Mine was in fact transferred from California SVC Center in JUL. 2004. I don't know if this could be a reason not to get transferred back to VSC. I'm not sure exactly what EB3 is. My case is through employment and my position is controller, accounting manager. Hope this can be right answer.
Good luck to you

My I-485 was transferred from VSC to NYC on Aug.2/2004. I received my interview letter on Dec. 15, 2005 with my 3rd FP scheduled on Jan.7/2006 and interview scheduled on Jan. 24/2006. Case was not approved because the visa was not available at that time. I contacted my local congressman's office and was informed that my Background check, Name check, and FP check were all cleared. My case will become current in April, let's hope the best. I will keep you guys updated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Horrible 26 Federal Plaza Interview

In October, my friend had her first interview and the agent said everything was in order except for the PD. The agent wrote "245i pending" on her passport and said to wait for a passport stamping interview. This week my friend had her second interview and the agent acted as if the first interview had never happened, questioned all sorts of things the first agent never asked - and sounded very pessimistic - said we'd get a letter granting or denying the petition and wouldn't look us in the eye. Our attorney assures us there is no valid grounds for a denial, but I fear that result may still happen and make us wait more to appeal.

It is appalling what my country makes people do to return home to see their families (assuming they ever want to return here). I'm heartsick over the whole thing.

The agent kept my friend's I94. Does anybody know if this is normal?

:(

Beth - I'm thrilled to hear a happy ending. They are so few and far between. I'm curious if you had any indication at your interview that your petition would be granted. I am the petitioner for a friend (for "other workers" category) and the agent seemed extremely negative. I posted about this above.

BETH88 said:
Hi, everyone.
Finally, I received green card by mail yesterday.
Here is my history
PD: 3/1/2001
Labor Cert. approval: 8/20/2002
I-485 & &140 filing: 10/22/2002
I-140 approval: 3/1/2003
I-485 transferred to NYC local office: 7/24/2004
Letter of Interview received: 12/22/2005
Interview: 2/7/2006
Welcome notice: 3/10/2006
Green Card: 3/13/2006

Just like everyone else, it's been a long, long, stressful and confusing wait.
I am very glad finally it's over. Hope everyone here will get your green card soon.

In my case, the interview was quite pleasant. I don't understand why your friend was questioned again. We need to be positive all the time.

Team,

any gud news for folks xfer to vsc. Newyorker any updates from ur end.
mine still waiting.
do any body recieve fp notice for self and spouse from vsc.
pls post details.
regards,

Newyorker, you have a great heart man. You are a winner. I wish you all the best. I will visit you now and then man. Goodl uck

NY-NIW said:
In my case, the interview was quite pleasant. I don't understand why your friend was questioned again. We need to be positive all the time.

My friend is very positive; I'm the worried one. It makes no sense she was questioned again, except that the agent disregarded the fact that there had already been an orginal interview.

Hey Goankar / Joharali

Nice to hear from you again,

On my side I am waiting for my interview to happen, Hopefully the PD's will be current in few months and we all be out of this crazy mess.

Keep your hopes high cause hopelessness is for the losers!!!

Newyorker012

forlucy said:
My friend is very positive; I'm the worried one. It makes no sense she was questioned again, except that the agent disregarded the fact that there had already been an orginal interview.

Hi Forlucky, we had our interview May 05, went very well wrote 245i on our passport told us to wait. October 05 got transfer to VSC. Now looks like they are sending peopel back to 26 fed again for 2nd interview. It make me very worry. I am on EAB3 cat, PD 2001. What the heack is going on?

-

forlucy said:
I'm going with my friend for her second interview tomorrow at 10:30. She's in the "other workers" category. At the first interview the examiner/agent said everything was in order except that my friend's PD was 4/26/01 and at that point (last October) they were only working through an ealier PD.

I am hoping beyond hope that my friend will get her passport stamped tomorrow. I'll let you all know.

Hi Forlucky, What type of questions the agent asked that worries you? Did the agent asked regrading your friend being 245i? If I were you, I would prepare some sort of 601 waiver incase the case get denied. Even though people who gets denied thay have about 30 days to apeal but would not be a bad idea atlease to think and have a plan with the attorney.
Good luck.

The agent wanted to know why my friend wasn't working for me now, when our attorney said she was under no obligation to work for the petitioner until she was granted the green card. She had a letter from her current employer and cancelled checks, but the agent didn't want to see those, she wanted my financial information (even though my 140 petition was granted years ago). Then, she wanted my 2005 tax return, which hasn't been filed yet, and although I had my W2, she made it seem as if that was insufficient. The agent also asked a lot of questions about how my friend met me and why she first came to this country. She wouldn't look us in the eye and said we'd get a response by mail. It was surreal.

I've spoke to my friend's immigration lawyer who claims there is no valid reason why the petition should be denied, but I really felt as though the agent thought there was a problem with the file.

What is a 601 waiver? I'll call the attorney tomorrow.

gclord2002 said:
Hi Forlucky, What type of questions the agent asked that worries you? Did the agent asked regarding your friend being 245i? If I were you, I would prepare some sort of 601 waiver incase the case get denied. Even though people who gets denied thay have about 30 days to apeal but would not be a bad idea atlease to think and have a plan with the attorney.
Good luck.

forlucy said:
The agent wanted to know why my friend wasn't working for me now, when our attorney said she was under no obligation to work for the petitioner until she was granted the green card. She had a letter from her current employer and cancelled checks, but the agent didn't want to see those, she wanted my financial information (even though my 140 petition was granted years ago). Then, she wanted my 2005 tax return, which hasn't been filed yet, and although I had my W2, she made it seem as if that was insufficient. The agent also asked a lot of questions about how my friend met me and why she first came to this country. She wouldn't look us in the eye and said we'd get a response by mail. It was surreal.

I've spoke to my friend's immigration lawyer who claims there is no valid reason why the petition should be denied, but I really felt as though the agent thought there was a problem with the file.

What is a 601 waiver? I'll call the attorney tomorrow.

Hi waiver is type of hardship if she get denied and put her on removal order. I.e. US born kids or close US citizen relatives living in the USA

Akbari,
any updates/lud changes on your case.
did u r spouse get fp notice.
team, any news from vsc for cases xfer from NYC.
pls post details.
regards,