New York City Transfers

i also got an email today 6.10 am. stated that on nov.18,2005 my i485 application transfered back to vsc from nyc and the process will take 365/540days. anybody knows what is going on . what is the reason transfered back to vsc .

Last edited by a moderator:
newyorker012 how are you ! you should call vsc and find out about your case . my i485 was transfered from vsc to nyc on 07/07/05 .and now nyc transfered back on nov.18,2005.

Case transferred back to VSC

Hi guys!

My case also got transferred to VT after >1yr wait in NYC. Gotta love it.

I found out by a walk-in appotinment and have not received a letter yet to confirm the above.

I will post anything further I can find out.

Contacting VSC?

Has anyone actually spoke to VT rep? when i speak to the reps they tell me there is no way to connect to vermont but to write them.

I was able to speak to someone at VSC the other day. She confirmed what had been written on this noticeboard. She said that they had received cases from NYC and DC, to try and reduce the backlog in the local centers. She said cases had to meet "certain criteria." I guess that means that if your case was fairly straightforward, such that you really don't need an interview, then you could be transferred back.

She said that it was "all a bit of a mess up here," implying that they were still a bit overwhelmed by having to integrate these cases into the pipeline.

That said, note that the I-485 processing date is Dec. 2004 (two years ahead of NYC). The idea of sending them up there seemed to be to get thrm processed quickly.

(The irony of this is that the cases were sent ot VSC to speed processing, but only 6 days after my case was transferred, they gave my wife her interview at NYC .... our cases were mistakenly separated).

Raman2004,

the officer did not told me the reason for transfering back to VSC. I have never ever received an answer to a WHY question any time I spoke to an officer at the district office.

who knows. nothing can surprise me at this point.

Hey All - Joharali / Raman / Akbari

I guess I belong to the vermont center too.. After a freakin' wait for 16 months they transferred it to vermont to do what, Have a look at my photograph....

well I got an email update for me & spouse and it says....

Receipt Number: EAC030975****

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On November 22, 2005, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking between 365 and 540 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

New Yorker - It looks like many of us are in the same boat. My case was also transferred >17months ago. But first it was respectably gaining dust in Boston for 7 months before someone warmed up to the idea that Boston may not be the right location for a person residing in New York.

On the fiip side, we won't have to do an interview which might be a good thing. However, there is a risk of RFE's and other pleasantries like that.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Case seperation

Kanus and others,

Any idea what happens when the cases get seperated? Can the derivative case be approved if the other case is pending in a different location? What is the sequence of events that need to take place in order to get both approvals?

Thanks.

Fikr Na Karo Baba...VSC will handle case well. I guess.

Newyorker012 said:
Hey All - Joharali / Raman / Akbari

I guess I belong to the vermont center too.. After a freakin' wait for 16 months they transferred it to vermont to do what, Have a look at my photograph....

well I got an email update for me & spouse and it says....

Receipt Number: EAC030975****

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On November 22, 2005, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking between 365 and 540 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

Hello all,
One thing is surprising that almost all the regular reader and writer of this forum cases were transferred back to VSC.
I guess so far i am the lucky person as every one talking about 365 to 500 days and in my mail it says.
It is taking between 120 and 180 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.
Bilal

120-180 days..Mr. You are lucky. Wish u all the best.

bsyed2000 said:
Hello all,
One thing is surprising that almost all the regular reader and writer of this forum cases were transferred back to VSC.
I guess so far i am the lucky person as in my mail it says.

It is taking between 120 and 180 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.
Bilal

Question why they will transfer case aftert the interview? Any idea? Officer said I should get it by 3 month but it's has been 6 months alreayd now I see our case got transfer back to VSC eventhough the interview is done.

Hey All,

I hope it is a good thing it is getting transferred back to VSC rather than waiting for nothing to happen at NYC local office.

I would suggest let update our excel sheet records and include a column for transfer date to VSC so we can track some progress along the way.

Who updated it last in the forum ? Can you get me the latest file to start updating... Please

Thank you

Newyorker012

gc2005nyc said:
Kanus and others,

Any idea what happens when the cases get seperated? Can the derivative case be approved if the other case is pending in a different location? What is the sequence of events that need to take place in order to get both approvals?

Thanks.

I doubt that the derivative can be approved without the primary. I am going for an Infopass appointment on 12/1 to explain the situation and find out what to do. I will post here with the info.

It will all work out, I am sure ... it just adds more time and frustration.

Team,

It seems all active members in this forum gets xfer back to VSC.

any logic behind the xfer.

I have spoken to NSC abt my case. They will send me letter on status within 30 days. waiting.

Regards,

RD: june 2002.
AD:?

Goankar,

most of the active members on this forum also happen to be the ones who have waited the most. i am hoping that they are sending them back for faster processing after they have evaluated that cases that would have been straightforward to approve. but all of this is speculation.