New York City Transfers

steve31415 said:
Well guys, today I got the interview letters. So, my details:

I-140 EB1, AD Nov 2002
I-485 RD Dec 2002, ND Jan 2003, TD Aug 2004
ID Jul. 2005
They attached medical forms. What is the latest opinion, should I re-take the medical? I already submitted them in 2002.

Steve,
I don't think that you need to redo the medical. My lawyer told me to take copies and that is what I did.
Good luck

patu999 : Congrates to you, my interview was on the May 18th and waiting for the name checks too.

I am very happy for you.

Congrats Pattu
Could You Please Tell Me Were There Any Changes Online On Your Case Status

Hi Steve
When We Went For The Interview We Had Also Not Done Our Medical (as The Lawyer Told Not To) But I Would Still Advise To Do It Why? Becoz The Officer Did Ask For The Medical And We Told Her That It Was Already Submitted And She Could Not Find It In Our File At That Time We Were Like Why Didn't We Do It But Anyway She Went Out And Came With The Our Medical And Said That If This Would Be Missing Than There Would Have Been Delays On Our Case Anyway You Can Also Check With What Ur Lawyer This Was Just My Experience

I just got my Perm. Res. card in mail today!
Happiest day in 5 years!

tasneem: on the online case status still says that my case has been transfered ti NYC and they will schedule my interview bla bla bla
Shortly, it didn't change at all!

Good luck to you all!
If you guys have any question that I could answer just shoot!
I know that the worst thing is to be confused!

gclord2002 said:
patu999 : Congrates to you, my interview was on the May 18th and waiting for the name checks too.

I am very happy for you.

Lord,

My card says that I am a resident since May 19, which means that I got approved two days after the interview.
I cross my fingers for you!

Any body to help

I was given ticket for Open alcohol container in NYC. I went to court and Judge didn't put any fine. Instead asked me to attend a session on 'Social Responsibility' arranged in Court.
Will it affect my 485 Approval?

Please help.

Dash1 said:
I was given ticket for Open alcohol container in NYC. I went to court and Judge didn't put any fine. Instead asked me to attend a session on 'Social Responsibility' arranged in Court.

Please help.
I think it is calss B misdemeanor. As far as I know only felonies have negative effect on GC.
What is important whether you have been convicted, and whether you have been arrested.

I was not arrested. Cop told me that I may have to pay $ 25 Fine in Court. Even that was not collected, and instead sent to the counciling session and let off.

Dash1 said:
I was not arrested. Cop told me that I may have to pay $ 25 Fine in Court. Even that was not collected, and instead sent to the counciling session and let off.

Dash1

I think : you must be convicted, punished or fined to get misdemeanor charge on your record. To me you are ok. Relax. But they have changed the definition of misdemeanor, made it broad and included very petty offfense in the category of misdemeanor. So better be careful or else be prepared for tough time getting Blue Passport.

Your lawyer would advise you more correctly, however, you can read this to get the idea. This is for reading only and not for getting worried.
http://www.defensenet.org/immigration/immig_main.htm[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone ready to give me solace ?

Hi everyone,

My I-485
receipt date: Jan 3, 2003
notice date: Jan 23, 2003
TD : June 22, 2004

Do you think I can start looking anxiously in the mail box for an interview letter ? Or continue taking sleeping pills ?

Dash1 said:

Please help.

Dash1,

You are OK. I had a similar issue when I had to go to court because my dog was off leash in Central Park. It's the same level as open container (violation). I spoke with my lawyer about it at that time ... he virtually laughed at me.

Don't worry about it.

Akbari said:
Hi everyone,

My I-485
receipt date: Jan 3, 2003
notice date: Jan 23, 2003
TD : June 22, 2004

Do you think I can start looking anxiously in the mail box for an interview letter ? Or continue taking sleeping pills ?

Send in for one more 90 day supply ... that should do you ;)

Hey Akbari

I think you should start to hope for a letter, yours and my date are pretty much close.. Including the transfer date

Newyorker012

Newyorker012 said:
Hey Akbari

I think you should start to hope for a letter, yours and my date are pretty much close.. Including the transfer date

Newyorker012

Kanus, Newyorker012 and all

Thank you for your response. Praying that the processing time becomes predicatable and just short enough before it starts tormenting us.

Good luck to me and everyone. :)

Hey guys
How is it going, Just wanted to inform that my and spouse 3rd EAD came in mail today. I am freaking tired of the ead's . I just hope the interview letter shows up now.. It's about time I guess

Newyorker012

Hello Guys,

Wanted to introduce myself and say hello to everyone on this forum and specially members of New York city Transfers thread.

Good luck to everyone who are waiting for Interview.

I485 ND : Aug 8th , 2002, EB3 Future Emplyment Based.
TD : July 12th, 2004

Hi Wa2long

Welcome to the thread, I just hope you don't have to wait longer here and nor should anyone have to. well anyways welcome
Just to let you know that My TD is July 19th, I485 RD : jan 2003, ND is FEB 07 2003 and hopefully see something in the mail soon.

All the best

Newyorker012

EB3 Retrogression

Guys, are you keeping current with the latest retrogression news? More bad news for all of us with pending 485 in the Eb3 category.

Does this mean that NY local office will stop processing 485 cases as well? I assume so. This will mean that if you didn't get an interview letter yet chances are we will not be getting any not earlier than October 2005. That's my interpretation of it.

Correct me if I am wrong.