New York City Transfers

Hi All

Some things to read I guess....

On June 13, 2005, the U.S. Department of State (DOS) released the Visa Bulletin for July 2005. [The most current DOS Visa Bulletin is always available on MurthyDotCom.] The Visa Bulletin indicates that the Employment-Based 3rd (EB3) Preference Category, including its Other Worker subcategory, will be Unavailable as of July 1, 2005. This means that the DOS temporarily cannot grant immigrant visas and the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) cannot approve I-485 Applications to Adjust Status to Permanent Residence for any person in the EB3 category as of July 1, 2005. Following is more information on how long this may last. The only EB3 workers who may be approved will be those who are Schedule A workers, due to the 50,000 additional visa numbers that Congress and the President provided to them under law. Schedule A workers generally include nurses and physical therapists. MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers who are not familiar with the very important topic of visa numbers and visa number retrogression should read our earlier articles on this topic, available by searching MurthyDotCom.

Therefore no letters for interviews for the next three months. In the grand scheme of things (4 year wait so far) this is a drop in the sea.

Have a stress-free summer.

Hi NewYorker / gc2005nyc,

I agree with gc2005nyc, they cannot stamp passport starting July 1st. there will be no visa available for EB3

whoever is scheduled for Interview before June, 30th may be able to get passport stamped if everything goes well with them (like Name check etc...) however any one scheduled for interview after July 1st will have to wait for passport stamping until their priority date becomes current.

Hi

So you mean that the interview can still happen but stamping can't.. What is the current prioirty date that is going on, and if your proirity date is current can you still get an interview letter or get stamped?

Please explain

Newyorker012

Starting July 1st there will no visa available for EB3 (except for Schedule A workers).

New quota will become available on October 1st, 05. based on numbers over subscribed and pending applications Priority date will be established & released in Visa Bulletin for October 2005 (Which will be published in mid of September,05)

Hey td

I found out that the interview will still be schduled for people whose cases have been transferred, they already has been assigned a visa number and that is your A#.

So since the A# is already given we don't need any visa numbers.

Newyorker012

Hi everybody...Letter received from NYC Federal Plaza.Is this a interview letter?

I need a help from you to understand this....
We have received a letter from INS 26 Federal Pl NYC.I cannot say it is a interview letter but it looks strange to me.
This letter contains:
office location: (26 Federal Plaza)
Date and hour: mid of July
The window we should ask for: #...
The reason for appointment: They say "for processing Employment Authorization Document"...
and bring with you:this letter,original I94 if not already submitted,receipts issued,your passport and your present EAD document!
Ok,my concerns are:Its true that we are waiting for our 3rd EAD to be approved but why they are requesting us to go over there and bring all of this documents with us???Our Fingerprints are still valid.We are family of 4 and we all have received the same letter.We've filled under I245 and EB3.We had already submited the following documents last year as a RFE:
US Federal Tax Returns for the company that my husband workes for.
Current Gross annual income for the company
Current Net annual income for the company
Date business established
Number of employee
Evidence of your prior experience with this job(2 years)
Please post your comments and let me know if there is anybody on the same boat...I am going crazy,please help!!!!!! :confused:

Hi Newyorker, A# is alloted as soon as one files for Adjustment of Status. but the number is only used once case is approved.

Once case (I485) is approved only then number goes as used and number is counted against annual legislative limit. so Starting July 1st there will be no visa available hence immigration department cannot approve any EB3 case for those 3 months.

you can browse more information on Murthy.com &/or immigration-law.com

I hope your logic/Information is correct..

No Priority Date On I-485 Receipt Notice !?

Hi All.

On the I-485 Receipt Notice, the field for priority date is blank. Is this usual ?

On labor approval notice, my priority date is January 23, 1998.

Brief info about my case

Direct labor
245I filing.

I-485
RD : Jan 3, 2003
ND : Jan 28, 2003
TD : jun 22, 2004

Thodi Masti

Aate Hai Khat Har Roz
bahut Se
Nahin Aata To Sirf
USCIS Ke Naam Se

"Liberty For All" Ka Danka Pit Ne Wale
Ek Nazar Idhar Bhi Dekh
Armaan Kuchal Rahein Hai
USCIS Ke Dwaare....

O USCIS Ke Rakhwalon
Sun Lo Hamari Sada
Jaldi Karo Hamarein Case Kaa Nikaal
Warna Uthaayenge Hum
Satya-Aagrha Ka Danda!

Tommyi485,

This is just the standard form for your EAD. It's neither good nor bad ... it's just routine.

My EAD interview form was identical.

So yes, it is an interview (a quick one), but it's not hte interview you have been waiting for.

It will be OK. Just take the stuff they want, show up on time, and you'll be fine.

Relax!

Tommyi485 said:
I need a help from you to understand this....
We have received a letter from INS 26 Federal Pl NYC.I cannot say it is a interview letter but it looks strange to me.
This letter contains:
office location: (26 Federal Plaza)
Date and hour: mid of July
The window we should ask for: #...
The reason for appointment: They say "for processing Employment Authorization Document"...
and bring with you:this letter,original I94 if not already submitted,receipts issued,your passport and your present EAD document!
Ok,my concerns are:Its true that we are waiting for our 3rd EAD to be approved but why they are requesting us to go over there and bring all of this documents with us???Our Fingerprints are still valid.We are family of 4 and we all have received the same letter.We've filled under I245 and EB3.We had already submited the following documents last year as a RFE:
US Federal Tax Returns for the company that my husband workes for.
Current Gross annual income for the company
Current Net annual income for the company
Date business established
Number of employee
Evidence of your prior experience with this job(2 years)
Please post your comments and let me know if there is anybody on the same boat...I am going crazy,please help!!!!!! :confused:

Interviewed today

Got Interviewed today.

My wife and i was interviewed today at 26 federal plaza she is the primary
applicant ,basic question was asked my wife got passport stamped and they
wrote 245i pending on my passport . the officer said is that they
still have more investigation to do but when my attorney intervened and asked was the back ground check done she said yes.
Keep in mind i have a political asylum case and a previous marriage case that
was done about 10 years ago maybe thats the hold up.
The wait starts over again for me .I had 15 years of torment with this green card process, is it all worth it to have a piece of paper to show i am part of
a society who blames inmmigrants for there problems.
This is the second time i came from Federal Plaza feeling so depressed
Anyway its good to vent because mosts of us on this site understands the
mental anguish one has to go threw.
I hope every body gets there GC.

Priority date : 4/21/2001
RD 7/27/2004 (I140 & I485 CONCURRENT)
EAD (AP) 8/31/04
I140 (AP) 10/18/04
TD 11/5/04
fingerprint 7/13/05
ID 7/28/05

how to track EAD and AP renew

My case are transfered to NYC on 12/08/2005. I sent EAD and AP renew application to Chicago last month and got receipts. But the receipt numbers are not recognized by the USCIS status tracking service online. How should I track the application status?

Got my interview

I went to the Federal Plaza to get my interview. I didn't bring my lawyer with me because my case is very straight. I re-did the medical exam as they asked. The officer asked for my passport, employment letter, tax return, w-2, pictures, medical exam report, paystubs. I made copy for every thing I brought. It seems the interview went very well. At the end, the officer wrote pending I485 on my pasport. He told me my security check not completed yet and it took 2-4 weeks for people to get their GC in mail before but now takes a little longer. I don't know if that's true. So I have to wait to see.

Interview in NYC

I guess it was not my lucky day today. We (me and me wife) got in front of 26 Federal Plaza around 8:45am. It was long line outside because Worth St. entrance was closed. Then around 9:20 am whole hell broke loose and FDNY started evacuating building. It wasn’t clear if it was bomb threat or fire. Anyway we were waiting till 12:00pm till everything was clear and they let office people back in and then around 13:00 it was announced that INS office is closed and all appointment will be re-scheduled. You can imagine how upset we were given that we were waiting for this interview so long.

Grosval: what time was your interview it had to be early in a morning I guess since you missed all the fun.

Gurus: any idea how long it takes for INS to re-schedule interview if they postoned.

Hi, Sidk

Sorry to know your experience. It's really frustrated. I got interview the day before so I missed it.

Hey guys

Sorry to hear about your cases, But look at the brighter side. You atleast a step ahead then people like us who are waiting way longer then you and still haven't received thier interview letters, not to mention the EB3 visa unavailability issue..

So cheer up and thank GOD, as HE has good reasons for everything that happens and it always ends up in a good way for us.

Hope everyone gets through swiftly. All the best

Newyorker012

Newyorker012 said:
Hey guys

Sorry to hear about your cases, But look at the brighter side. You atleast a step ahead then people like us who are waiting way longer then you and still haven't received thier interview letters, not to mention the EB3 visa unavailability issue..

So cheer up and thank GOD, as HE has good reasons for everything that happens and it always ends up in a good way for us.

Hope everyone gets through swiftly. All the best

Newyorker012

Aameen.