New York City Transfers

Himm...neither... Mine is an extraordinary ability application. I found some things on the Net saying that these applications should not require interviews. But, I guess not true?

We should get a tracker going. That's what we need. How do we go about that?

Dealia

ANDY300Z said:
Goankar,

Is your case an i245 and did you pay $1000 penality,it seems these cases are handled differently.we should realy get a tracker going.

Interview letter & fingerprints notice

Hey guys,

I finally recieved my interview notice and fingerprint notice in one packet
The fingerprint is schedule for 6/7/05 and the interview is for 6/28/2005
I hope the fingerprint clears within 3 weeks.
Wish me luck.

Guys i had congress inquiry from my local congressman i am not sure
if this had anything to push the case foward

Priority date : 4/21/2001
RD 7/27/2004 (I140 & I485 CONCURRENT)
EAD (AP) 8/31/04
I140 (AP) 10/18/04
TD 11/5/04
FP- SCHEDULE 6/7/05
I485- SCHEDULE 6/28/05

Last edited by a moderator:
:)
ANDY300Z said:
Hey guys,

I finally recieved my interview notice and fingerprint notice in one packet
The fingerprint is schedule for 6/7/05 and the interview is for 6/28/2005
I hope the fingerprint clears within 3 weeks.
Wish me luck.

Guys i had congress inquiry from my local congressman i am not sure
if this had anything to push the case foward

Priority date : 4/21/2001
RD 7/27/2004 (I140 & I485 CONCURRENT)
EAD (AP) 8/31/04
I140 (AP) 10/18/04
TD 11/5/04
FP- SCHEDULE 6/7/05
I485- SCHEDULE 6/28/05

Hey guys,

I have read all 85 pages on NYC transfer on this website and it seems that
alot of people who had interviews did not get there passport stamped due
name check and finger print results not being ready in time for case ajuducation.
I have the following questions.
1. can i request early fingerprints because i have only 3 weeks before
interview?will this be enough time to get results back in time.
2. when does INS request the name check,is it the day when the interview
letter is sent out? this means i have 2 months for this to be completed.
3. I never changed jobs do i still need company financials at interview.

How long between the date you contacted the congressman and the Interview?

My transfer date is Jult 17, 2004 and I contacted my congressman on February 2005.

Thanks

green card received

yesterday, I received the plastic permanent resident cards for me and my wife. I thank God and everybody in this forum. I pray that your days will come soon and be free from all these status matters.

Congratulations

love of God said:
yesterday, I received the plastic permanent resident cards for me and my wife. I thank God and everybody in this forum. I pray that your days will come soon and be free from all these status matters.

Congratulations love of God...Have fun...

I have an appointment at Federal Plaza immig office for travel documents. Can someone tell me what train to take from Uptown ?

Thanks

Team,

I have infopass appt in Fed plaza in thrid week of may to inquire on i485 status. if anyone of you has exp on this, could u pls post it.

Regards,

Yes I went to Federal Plaza to inquire about my I-485 transfer on April 14th 2005.

I went to an office on the 3rd floor then they gave me a number and asked to go to another office on the 3rd floor.
I have been called after 2 hours wait. An immigration officer spoke with me and asked me to give him a copy of the transfer notice and the I-485 notice. He checked on his computer and asked me to go to an office on the 8th floor. He also gave me a green form that I had to fill.
On the 8th floor I had to wait for 1 hour before they called my number. I gave them the green paper and then they checked my status. They then told me that my file was transferred on the 29th of March 2005 (the transfer date on my notice says July 19th, 2004). She told me go home you will receive an interview date. I asked her when and she told me that she had no idea. It can take months.
I was upset that the transfer took too long (9 months). I explained kindly how much burden it had on our lives. The officer told me initially that I should leave US and go back to my country of origin. I was very surprised and explained that it was not the right thing to say then she changed attitude and told me that she was very sorry that they have a lot of work and do not have many employees and that I should be happy since my file is not lost.
Any way after 4 hours at CIS the bottom line is that my file was transferred from Vermont to NYC and that I will have an interview on day. That's all

Hi goankar, I had very similar experience like aghlen, I went to federal plaza in December, 04. went to third floor, they directed me to 8th floor along with Green form, after waiting for approx 1.5 hrs my number was called and Immigration information officer at counter told to go home and wait for the mail, and that she cannot tell me how long it may take.

she also told me that although my case was transferred in April,04 from VSC they received it in August,04. she was looking at "Last Action Taken" date.

I have taken appointment for May 10th, will update you with new experience.

Interview Letter

Hello four eighty five- transfereez (new word)

Is not it worst to wait for an interview letter than waiting for Dooms day ?

I had similar experiece with Info Pass adventure in early January this year.

"go home and wait" was the reply without any facial expression !

Still waiting.
485- rd Jan 3, 2003
Td - June 22, 2004
2nd FP for 3rd Employment card done on April 5, 2005

Any idea how they schedule interviews? Earlier posts indicates that the file transfer date has no meaning. The file arrives at NYC in camel express ! Sorry, on back of a Snail !

After reading earlier posts, I gathered courage to do one more Info Pass adventure to find out if my file did arrive on a snail or Termites had a good feast! Any one ready to solace me at the exit door on May 17, 2005 (I plan to enter at 8:00 a.m.)? If you hear wailing of an ambulance around 12 noon near fed. plaza, pray for me. It may be heading to get me.....God Forbid!

Shall remain praying for you all.

PEACE.

Akbar

EAD renewal

NY-NIW said:
My EAD renewal package was also returned from NYC this Jan., then I sent it to Chicago. RD: 2/18/05, AD: 04/01/05. Card received on Apr. 9/05.

Hi NY-NIW,
My case is similar to yours (NIW). How long did it take for you to receive the receipt notice of your EAD renewal? I mailed my renewal to Chicago on April 25, I used certified mail, not even receive the return slip yet (I guess they have not open my mail yet). my current one will be expiring by the end of July. worry about if I can get the new one before the expiration date.

Thanks