New York City Transfers

Originally posted by J4life95
When I did the application online the only option for payment was using a personal checking account or savings account. You had to enter the account #, and routing #. I was not required to mail in or send a copy or my EAD, because that question did not have an asterisk next to it (*). But they listed an address to send in the documents if required. Just make sure that when you press the submit button that you print out several copies of the confirmation #, and there is another button to print out the application using Adobe Acrobat. Good Luck
Thanks a lot!I really appreciate your help.

Originally posted by Tata2003

What's the web address for online application?

My case was transfered to 26 Federal Plaza on Mar 26 2003. I mailed in my EAD renewal this August. I finished my finger print (for I765 only) app early Nov. My EAD expires early Jan 2004. The NY office is processing June or July I-765 application.

Anything I can do to get my renewed EAD card before current one expires?

I also hope my EAD renewal will kind of remind the NY office my I-485 is still pending and something will happen soon.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I-485 R/D Nov 2001, T/D March 26 2003.

:( :(

Good News!!

Heard from my lawfirm that NY BCIS has scheduled interviews for a couple people in Jan04 who had their 485's transfered in Nov01.

don't get your hopes too high as they always find a way to dissapoint (i suspect their training involves special courses on how to screw people over with xtra credit on ruining peoples lives).

goodluck and fingers crossed.

I'm a long time viewer of this forum but haven't been able to get acees/ a username until today.

My info

june 2000 RIR NJ EB3

March 2001 I140

January 2002 I485 245i because of out of status for more than 6 months after H1 expired

August 7 2003 Transfer to NYC 26 Fed for interview

Nov 28 2003 interview letter for Feb 2004

my interview letter appears to be for marriage based and goes on about petioner and beneficiary even though my case is employment based. It asks for IRS form 1722??

Does anyone have the same experience??

thanks!

This is a standard letter they send to you with the interview appointment. I received the same thing, but my interview was at garden city under the same EB3 catergory. If I were you I would consult a lawyer on all documents you will have to bring. Also make sure you make copies of everything you think that they will ask for, even bring originals. That IRS form is very important, everyone in your family will have to get one of those. You can go to the nearest IRS office to get them, it's free. Make sure to take the appointment letter with your though, and you can only get it no more than 2 wks before the interview,because they stamp the form and the interviewing officer looks at the date.

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
j4life thanks for the reply

I am the only beneficiary, no family members

what is the IRS form 1722? what info does it give? I've never seen it mentioned on the forums here for EB categories, only family based and citizienship?

I think I might be able to order one from the IRS on the phone from 800 829 1040

thanks!

Depressed

My RD is 9/01 and ND 11/01. Transfered to NYC Office in Nov/02.
I have not heard from them since.
I contacted Senator's office.... they told me to check on my case.... no reply yet for a month.
I do not know what to do.... it's been too long and too many delays. Sometime it's hard for me to read "Approved" post...it hurts me...... (but I am happy for them)...
This forums has been a great support and I really wish one day all of us will be approved...

No the IRS form cannot be ordered your have to go into the nearest IRS office and get it in person, make sure they stamp it in front of you. It shows I guess the time that you started filing taxes i didn't really get a good look at what information it contains. From beginning to current. The form is free.

I don't know what's happenning with NYC transfers. Interviews are given in a very disorderly and chaotic manner.
On of my friend who got an interview at Federal Plaza told me that - the interview date depends on the officer who is allotted your file. A young officer would schedule you sooner than a senior, tired old officer.
To his surprise he has seen I-485 transfer files piled up with a heavy dust on them in each officers chamber.
It is very unpredictable, depressing and horrific to think/talk about this blind dark hole of NYC transfers.

God Bless.

NYC Interview Experience

I have been a long time visitor on this site, and having just had my NYC interview, wanted to post my experiences.

I am EB3. Received my I-140 approval notice on Oct 24, 2001. Filed my I-485 in Dec 2001 as well as EAD application. My file went through the Vermont Service Center and I received my first fingerprint notice in Jan 2002.
Also received my first EAD in Jan 2002

Heard nothing from Vermont either online or thru the automated voicemail, until May 2003, when they sent me an RFE because one of my medical forms was missing some info.

Completed the missing section and sent it back.

In June 2003 the online message advised me that the file had been transferred to NYC for an interview. There was no reason given for the interview requirement, but I have read on this board several times that if you paid the 245-I penalty fee your case was likely to be sent to the local office for interview (even after my interview, I still have no idea why my case was selected for an interview)

In October I received a request for a second fingerprinting, and in the same envelope, an interview date in December

Went to Federal Plaza on the date of the interview. On the advice of my lawyer, I took the following paperwork:
Copies of last 3 years of tax returns
2" x 2" photos
EAD Card
Copy of my birth certificate
Passport
Copies of 2 most recent pay stubs
Copies of my most recent bank statement
Letter from my employer stating my current salary, years that I had worked there, # of dependents and a contact number. I also had a letter from my employer stating that upon receipt of Permanent Resident Status I would be paid the salary certified by the Dept of Labor, for my position (since my current salary did not match the DOL certified salary). The letter also listed my job title.
To be safe, I took along originals as well as the copies

When you arrive at Federal Plaza you have to present your appointment letter to get in the door.

In the waiting room, they take your appointment letter and have you sign a blank form and also fingerprint it, front and back.

You then take a seat until they call your name - I waited approx 1 hour after my scheduled time.

When they call your name you go to a side door where your Immigration Examiner meets you with your file and then leads you to his/her office.

The examiner then swears you in. In my case the examiner asked me the following:

Had I ever been arrested
Had I ever had any trouble with Immigration
When did I enter the country
What was my current address

He then asked me for copies of my tax returns, employment letter, photos and EAD card and passport.

Then he copied down a number from his computer, stamped my passport and signed it, gave it back to me and told me that the card would be mailed to me within a year.

The entire "interview" took at most 30 minutes, and most of that time was spent typing at his conputer.

Hope this is helpful.

Good Luck!

thanks very much for the info minicabs

my case is very similar to yours, but about a month later in all the dates.

questions-- why were you filing under section 245i?

and what country are you from?

thanks

NYC Interview Experience

Sundance,

I paid the 245-I penalty fee because I was out of status for a month after my last H1-B expired.h
Country is Kenya

thanks again

for your tax returns did you have just federal returns or did you have federal and state and city?

thanks

Minicab

Congratulations. I am very happy to read your posting. This gave me a hope that there is still a chance. I wish you all good luck.

went for 3rd FP this morning, at scheduled time

told the reception/document checker it was a 3rd FP they didn't seem to know anything about that

but when I was actually having my prints taken I told them again and showed them my previous 2 receipts

then the supervisor came out, stopped the fingerprinting and went and ran the state dept computer check on my prints

he showed me the print out with my 2 previous prints on it and then told them to abort the test as it wasnt necessary

he signed my appointment letter to prove I had been there

they havent got a clue what's going on!!

the supervisor was very surprised that I had an interview for an EB case and asked me 3 times if I was sure ot was EB...

Interview !!!!

I finally received the interview letter form them!!! along with 3rd FP notice.

My case was transferred in Nov/02 and I did not hear form them since.... (I am ashamed to mention that my RD is 9/01)

I really hope they will stamp my passport after this interview but right now I am just so happy to know they still remembered me!