New York City Transfers

Re: Tata2003

Originally posted by asn485leu
I asked if you got interview appointment in another thread and I found the answer here. Wish you good luck.

My case was transfered in Jan 04 to 26 Federal Plaza, but in the letter the phone number is (402) 697 - 9155 and it is number for Omaha, Nebraska. Did you get the same number when you receive the transfer notice? Thanks.
No, the number I got area code is 212,I tried call them but a automatic message says that is a invalid number...No interview yet!And I just found out yesterday when I was checking the status of my case online that they alerady approved my husband's and my kid's 3rdEAD but not mine,I am the primary applicant.They are too complicate,don't you think?

Checking in

Is there anybody else waiting for them to schedule an interview with a RD prior to Nov 01 or a TD prior to Nov 02? It is beginning to feel lonely out here :confused:

RD Oct 2001
TD Oct 2002

Already had my interview, waiting for approval now since I had to send in further documents. Had interview in Aug 2003.

Regarding the local INS office..

Hello,

We have filed our case to VSC, We live in CT, If now we move to Long Island NY and file the AR-11 will they transfer our case to the local office?? If probably yes then can anyone tell which one, NYC ---Federal plaza or Garden city in LI NY??

Really appreciate your response.
Hardika.

Re: Regarding the local INS office..

Originally posted by Hardika
Hello,

We have filed our case to VSC, We live in CT, If now we move to Long Island NY and file the AR-11 will they transfer our case to the local office?? If probably yes then can anyone tell which one, NYC ---Federal plaza or Garden city in LI NY??

Really appreciate your response.
Hardika.
Did you filed your I485 yet?What is you RD?Usually they transfer after you filed your I485.I think in your case they probably will transfer to 26 Federal Plaza in NYC.

PS:We filed in Hartford-CT(VSC)and when we filed our 485 they transferred our case to NYC.We live in NY state.

My Details..

I485/I140 ND---1/29/03 With VSC.
I140 appreoved 12/2/03
FP1 --- 3/11/03

Now we r planning to move to LI, is moving is the reason to transfer the case to local office?

your help is really aprreciated.
Hardika.

Re: My Details..

Originally posted by Hardika
I485/I140 ND---1/29/03 With VSC.
I140 appreoved 12/2/03
FP1 --- 3/11/03

Now we r planning to move to LI, is moving is the reason to transfer the case to local office?

your help is really aprreciated.
Hardika.
I guess they are going to transfer your case...Is there a chance to stay in CT?'Cause they are faster there!Our case was moving fast before they transfered us.

According to my lawyer, most cases are now being transferred to Garden City from Federal Plaza. I didn't even get a transfer notice, I'm still checking the online status and it says New York, NY meaning federal plaza.

I had my interview today at federal plaza

About a one hour wait, past my appt time

I had every document possible with me.

I was only asked for

3 yrs tax rets

employment letter

I was then told there was a problem and that my passport could not be stamped because my FBI name check was still pending

I was shown the name check print out. My name was mis-spelled

They ran the check again and my name check was still pending

they wrote in my passport "pending" and gave the date, A# and officers name

they told me that they check once a month for the pending FBI name checks on their cases. WHen it clears they send a letter asap and you come in for passport stamping on Fridays.

I was told all I needed next time was my passport as my case has in effect been approved but can not be processed without the FBI name check.

i was also told I did not need ot renew my ead

The whole interview took 5 mins.

After nearly four years, this is so frustrating-- to be so close

Last edited by a moderator:
Sundancekid

Hey Congrats there. Its almost a done deal, it is a matter of few days before you get a welcome letter, hang in there and do share the happy news ASAP. Good luck to you.

I had my interview at Garden City since last year in Aug 03. I had to hand in some final documents to the interviewing officer. It's been 6 months now and I haven't received a decision as yet. My lawyer told me that if I don't hear from them at the end of this month he will write them and if my case is not approved that I can sue them on basis of discrimination, because they have no reason not to approve my case. I've already applied for my 3rd EAD, it hasn't been approved yet even though it's past the 90 days for processing time, had to get IEAD at federal plaza by waiting on that long line and then having to wait 6 hours for them just to do a background check. I think that I've gone through so much with these people that I know enough to either become an immigration lawyer, or work for INS.

RD 11/04/01
TD from VSC to NYC 11/06/02
FP 1 Sometime in 2001
FP 2 8/18/03
ID 8/23/03
Reply to Final Request 9/18/03

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by J4life95
I had my interview at Garden City since last year in Aug 03. I had to hand in some final documents to the interviewing officer. It's been 6 months now and I haven't received a decision as yet. My lawyer told me that if I don't hear from them at the end of this month he will write them and if my case is not approved that I can sue them on basis of discrimination, because they have no reason not to approve my case. I've already applied for my 3rd EAD, it hasn't been approved yet even though it's past the 90 days for processing time, had to get IEAD at federal plaza by waiting on that long line and then having to wait 6 hours for them just to do a background check. I think that I've gone through so much with these people that I know enough to either become an immigration lawyer, or work for INS.

RD 11/04/01
TD from VSC to NYC 11/06/02
FP 1 Sometime in 2001
FP 2 8/18/03
AD 8/23/03
This is unbeliveble,you certanly have more than one reason to be mad to them!We will be waiting for our day...

J4life95,
I have the same RD and TD as you but have not yet heard back on when they are going to schedule my interview. In a few months I will be applying for my fourth EAD and AP documents. No matter how bad your situation with the INS is there is always someone whom they are torturing even worse :(
- deguchi

Still pending...

After 3rd Ead renewal and got biometrics done,we finally received our EADs in the mail.They didn't use the pictures that we sent to them but the one they took when we went for biometrics,this EAD shows our fingerprint,not the 1st and 2nd one.The process took less then 2 months our 2nd EAD expires in march 4,2004.My lawyer wrote a letter to NYC office(I245 Superviser) to find out how long it will take for them schedule our interview but we got no response yet.(INS ask for 30 days no respond and that was 01/29/04)
I called INS yesterday,trying to find out, at least,when they are going to schedule us for 2nd FP,because we think it is funny having 3rd EAD without 2rdFP done.I got really desapointed to hear from the office that they probably are looking at my TD as a RD and they are now processing may/9/2002,I got really mad and I think this is not fair to keep transfered cases at the end of the line when they get transferred,plus she said that usually the schedule people for 2nd FP when it is almost time for a interview.
Guess what?Yesterday was not a friday 13 but for me was not a lucky day.
PD:02/07/2001
RD:02/15/2002
TD:01/06/2003
3rdEAD:02/11/2004

Friday 13,2004

I have had similar experiences. I have written many many times to find out when they are going to schedule my interview and have never received a response; I have gone in person filed inquiries and never gotten a respnse; I have called and they say your TD is now your new RD and so you need to wait before we can give you any new information. It really is unfair that they use the TD as the RD. I am now on my 3rd AP and EAD but have yet to be called in for biometrics or 2nd FP.

RD: Nov 01
TD: Nov 02

Well,I guess we have no choice,we have to wait.My husband keeps saying that I should leave INS alone before they get really mad to me and delay even more our process,but I can't ,it is stronger than me!The thing is,we can't make travel plans and our lawyer does not recomend us to apply for AP,so it's been 6 years without visiting our country...We are having a nigthmare.

Tata2003,
The AP process is pretty straight forward (I am on my third one). For the most recent one my lawyer sent the necessary documents in and I received the AP through the mail in two months. I have gone in and out of the country on the AP and have had no problems. The only drawback is that it takes the 30mins to process the AP each time you enter the country.
I hope I don't need to apply for a fourth one.
- deguchi

Originally posted by deguchi
Tata2003,
The AP process is pretty straight forward (I am on my third one). For the most recent one my lawyer sent the necessary documents in and I received the AP through the mail in two months. I have gone in and out of the country on the AP and have had no problems. The only drawback is that it takes the 30mins to process the AP each time you enter the country.
I hope I don't need to apply for a fourth one.
- deguchi
I hope!...That wont be funny at all!

Re: NYC Transfers

Originally posted by futuregc
My case was transfered on September 11, 2002, and I am still waiting the invitation !!!! It is a very, very, dark hole.:D
I was checking old posts today and I just got curious to know if you got your approval yet....My RD is 02/15/2002 and was transferred to NYC on 01/06/2003.