New York City - N-400 Timeline - Naturalization Experiences

Hi,

I sent in my N400 on April 1st 2009 but I haven't receive any letters from the INS. I am getting a bit worried because the check was cashed on April 13th. Do you think the INS will hold the application back until my official 3years on May 19th??? I hope not!

Any Suggestions?

Any Suggestions?

They may not schedule you for an interview until after the 3rd year anniversary, but they wouldn't otherwise delay your application. You should receive NOA any day now. Give it another 2 weeks before you inquire with USCIS.

They may not schedule you for an interview until after the 3rd year anniversary, but they wouldn't otherwise delay your application. You should receive NOA any day now. Give it another 2 weeks before you inquire with USCIS.

Thank You!

I do not think that has ever happened. At least in 18 months. The only exception to the rule was VORPAL, who got his oath letter same day for 2 weeks later and who took the oath in 9/09/08.

My oath was actually about 4 weeks after the interview. However, I managed to get the oath letter on the day of the interview because I established a rapport with the IO and asked him if I could get the oath letter on the same day, so that I could get married as a USC. The IO was kind enough to help me out.

I got a call from the Ombudsman office today (sat) to check if I received the oath letter for May 08. It's nice of them to call on sat to keep me updated.

Today I finally got my notice of action but it also had the fingerprint appointment on it. I thought they usually come seperate...Is that normal???

I did my fingerprints today. The servive was really good, I was in and out in 30 minutes.

Wow, only 30 minutes? A year and a half ago (see my timeline), it took me just about 2 hours to get my FPs done. From what I recall, there were 4-5 technicians and only about 10-15 people ahead of me. It's almost as if they were purposely taking their sweet old time. Could it be that the new administration leaned on the USCIS a little bit?

Come on, let's stop with the new administration adoring. :)
In my " USCIS career" I was fingerprinted twice, in July 2006 and August 2008, in the same ASC on Varick Street.
It took 5 minutes both times.

In my " USCIS career" I was fingerprinted twice, in July 2006 and August 2008, in the same ASC on Varick Street.

The USCIS improvement started around 2003-2004 under President Bush. After the summer of 2007 their performance tanked. But it has been good for the past year.

Perhaps it takes 5 minutes at the Manhattan ASC. I did my FPs in Brooklyn (227 Livingston St.), and it took nearly 2 hours. While I waited, various employees were walking around, doing absolutely nothing.

question about entering 26 federal plaza

My spouse will have her N-400 interview at the NYC district office. Since the building is a large one with multiple entrances, which entrance should she use? Thanks.

Perhaps it takes 5 minutes at the Manhattan ASC. I did my FPs in Brooklyn (227 Livingston St.), and it took nearly 2 hours. While I waited, various employees were walking around, doing absolutely nothing.

No doubt it varies from location to location, but I doubt Bush or Obama have anything to do with it...
Govt agencies are huge burocratic monsters. If some, this is further proof that almost nothing should be run by the Govt.

My spouse will have her N-400 interview at the NYC district office. Since the building is a large one with multiple entrances, which entrance should she use? Thanks.
The front door on Broadway should be used. Specifically, you enter on the right of that door.

Just walk in the main entrance on Broadway. I walked by it on Saturday, they recently renovated and I think they did a good job.
Last time I was inside the building was back in 2006 though. And due to work in progress I had to go in thru the Worth St entrance.

Just walk in the main entrance on Broadway. I walked by it on Saturday, they recently renovated and I think they did a good job.
Last time I was inside the building was back in 2006 though. And due to work in progress I had to go in thru the Worth St entrance.

Do you think they will let me go in with her? Obviously she is the only one with the interview invitation? I just want to the there to support her.

this is ridiculous. I had my interview in Garden City on January 22nd and brought additional evidence on March 22nd. Everything went through pretty smooth, the IO said I would be getting my oath letter in 2-3 weeks. Called USCIS to check on status, my case hasn't been approved yet. Why the heck it takes so long? Will be filing a lawsuit after May 22nd...

this is ridiculous. I had my interview in Garden City on January 22nd and brought additional evidence on March 22nd. Everything went through pretty smooth, the IO said I would be getting my oath letter in 2-3 weeks. Called USCIS to check on status, my case hasn't been approved yet. Why the heck it takes so long? Will be filing a lawsuit after May 22nd...

sorry to hear this. Can I ask what additional evidence they wanted from you?

you should write a letter to the attention of the field office director and ask for her intervention.

Best.