New Thread for Transfer cases

chotu

I received one 485 transfer notice for myself
and a separate 485 transfer notice for my wife.
I received after 1 week since transfered.
Our pending 2nd EADs and 2nd APs cases
got transfered aswell after 485 transfer and last week
I received all notice transfer notices 485, EAD, AP
Now we endup with too many INS notices, last week
alone I received 6 transfer notices(2 485 + 2 EAD + 2 AP)
in total for me and my wife. I applied to NSC for
 2nd EAD & AP on 03/2002

To Portland-OR and 485Detroit

Sorry for late reply-vacation and stuff.
485Detroit is right abt the employment letter. Its a letter confirming current employment and salary and hrs/week.
485Detroit - you keep referring to W2. Make sure u take copies of your "returns" . W2 is only one piece of that. Form 1040,schedule A&B etc are also there in the return. I have all my W2\'s but only copies of last two yrs returns but apparently it\'s OK.
I\'m planning to take copies of every bloody document I have - BC,Marriage Cert etc. Lawyer also gave me a questionnaire to complete so they can draft my I134 affidavit of support.
Good luck guys.

To whoknowswhen

What to expect from local ins ? they\'ll send your lawyer a notice of interview. They (Denver INS) sent my notice on May 1, I got it May 8.
Interview is june 17. They\'ve asked for letter confirming current employment and salary and hrs/week. Also asked for proof of marriage,documents showing my wife and I still live together etc (lease papers,bank account etc). Also need copies of last 3 yrs tax returns (returns not just w2).
I dont think the processing times/dates posted by local offices has any meaning. Denver is supposed to take 720 days from 485 filing, they sent me the notice 30 days after case was transferred to them by NSC (NSC had it for 540 days until then).
Hope it helps.

Prakash Eswaran.

Thanks for the tip. I intended to take my 1040s too..
 Somehow, my mind was just set on W-2s

All the best for the interview.

text of transfer notice

I received one for my spouse recently and it states:

"This is to advise you that in order to speed processing we have transferred the above case to the following INS office for processing:

That office will notify you of the decision made on the applicaiton or petition. Any further inquiries should be made to that office."

Just curious if everyone is told that the case is being transferred to "speed processing" or are there different reasons provided.

-sam22

Is your Transfer Message the Same?Thanks

AVM:"On (Date) we transferred your i-485 appication to adjust to permanent residence status to our office in (city,state)for processing.Our office in (city,state) will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete.If you need further information you can call our office at (local ins tele number)."

Was your AVM message same as below? or different..

AVM:"On (Date) we transferred your i-485 appication to adjust to permanent residence status to our office in (city,state)for processing.Our office in (city,state) will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete.If you need further information you can call our office at (local ins tele number)."

Today I renewed 2nd EAD at Atlanta INS office

I applied 2nd EAD to NSC at the end of
march\'02, EAD case transfered to atlanta INS on
5/21/02 reason I485 transfered
on 05/14/02. On 5/30/02 received EAD
renewal appointment letter scheduled for 6/3/02.

Process was very simple, place the
appointment letter on the tray and
wait till your name is called,
when they call your name
submit the old EAD, sign and finger
print on the signature form which
thay have on their desk, next
you will be taken to a room where
they take picture and ask you to wait for few
minutes for the new EAD card. It took approximatly
1 1/2 hours for the whole process.

Note:
Documents required for new EAD with appointment letter
 1. Passport
 2. 485 Receipt Notice
 3. Appointment letter

Documents required for EAD renewal with appointment
 1. Passport
 2. Old EAD card(Appointment letter does not
                 says to bring old EAD card
                 but they ask you to submit,
                 fortunately I had with me)
 3. Appointment letter

* If you have an appointment then you dont have to
   stand in the long line in front of the INS office,
   there is door on the side of the building for
   appointment cases.

No Title

It\'s very simple, i got my case approved. Unless you have some serious criminal records, it\'s okay if if your case is transferred to local ins.

Had interview at sfo

Hi, my case was transferred to local ins, sfo on Dec. 14th , had my interview on May 30th.

To hanuman prasad and portland ore

Thanks guys for ur wishes. Interview is on 17th. I am a little worried after reading 485detroit\'s experience.
But people like u that i never met are wishing me luck , what more do i need.
Thanks again.
Good luck to u too.
Will post on 6/17

Rav02

Even my wife case was transfered even though I was approved. I don\'t know the reason. Got married 2 year before the filing I-485. Lawyer has no idea why they transfered the case. Can you please share if your wife is working...and any other problem which can be the reason for transfer. I am waiting for the interview notice for more almost 3 months now.
I don\'t think you will be called for interview. Most of the case where they want to check marriage status, they will transfer both primary as well as dependent.

No Title

What was the AVM message before her case was transfered. What I heard is if the message is \'finger printing results received and processing resumed....\' then FP should be OK. I don\'t know for sure.

Gurus ...Please Help...

My case has been approved but my spouse case is transferred to Local INS Chicago (June 6th). My lawyer says that the interview might be to check whether we are married and staying together. We have been married 1 year before applying our 485s. I predict its fingerprints as she had to give her fingerprints twice. My lawyer also says that interview might be for both of us (even though my case has been approved and passport stamped) and IIO MIGHT not ask about my employement with the current employer, but he cannot say definetly that its safe for me to switch companies until we attend interview.

1) SInce my wife\'s case has been transferred to local INS, shouldn\'t the interview letter should be only for my wife????
2) Is it safe to switch companies as I am going to be on bench in couple of months???
If there is anyone who has gone thru similar situation please post your experience....

Thank you All

Prakash Easwaran...

I did not intend to scare you guys... just wanted to post my experience.
I am sure your interview will go well... Post your experience as soon as you get over with the interview.
All the Best.