New Thread for Transfer cases

Case transferred to Philadelphia

My details
PD - 12/99
ND - 04/01
RFE - 02/02
RFE received - 03/02
Case Xfer - 03/18/02 to Philly

Any idea how long it takes to get the interview letter from Philadelphia INS ? Thanks....

Mine also got XN

Details of the case-

RD 04/01
ND 05/04
XN 03/12

got the XN letter from Nebraska , I called Nebraska INS office for the reason, they also don\'t know what could be the rason
and waiting for Interview letter from Local INS. Wait time in MN Local INS in 5 months.
One of my friends case also got XN\'ed to MN Local INS office in Jan\'02 and he got the interview date in May\'02
He also don\'t know what is the reason behind the XN to local INS.
Let\'s wait and see...

-Raj

XN\'ed to MN local INS :(

Details of my case-

RD 04/01
  ND 05/04
  XN 03/12

got the XN letter from Nebraska , I called Nebraska INS office for the reason, they also don\'t know
  what could be the rason
  and waiting for Interview letter from Local INS. Wait time in MN Local INS in 5 months.
  One of my friends case also got XN\'ed to MN Local INS office in Jan\'02 and he got the interview date
  in May\'02
  He also don\'t know what is the reason behind the XN to local INS.
  Let\'s wait and see...

-Raj

No Title

Why do you say that you are waiting for your interview letter?
Not all transfer cases to local INS offices result in an interview.

Another Local Xfer to MN

Even my case xfered to local MN INS office on 18th March.I don\'t know the reason for transfer. I have to wait for INS reply

485 File Transfer

MN-lucky if the transfer is for faster processing ,then why do you think you will have an interview.

my details
ND: 4/01
RD : 4/01
XD(Xfer Date) 03/18/02
XN (Xfer Notice)???????

Spoke to Lawyer yesterday ...

Spoke to Lawyer yesterday regarding the transfer of my wife\'s I485 application to INS Chicago. Lawyer mentioned that "most likely" the transfer is to make a marriage based analysis, since we applied for I485 two and half months after getting married.

Lawyer said that we should be getting an interview call around the Aug - Sep (i.e end of Summer) . The case was transferred on Feb 20 and that means INS Chicago takes 6-7 months to schedule/get an interview.

They "believe", that in most cases "a" transfer notice is sent from INS Chicago and it is sent either to the law firm or the applicant.
Our transfer letter went to the law firm.

Lawyer also mentioned that local offices are supposed to put your case in line with the cases filed with them around the same date, your case was filed with the service center.

Keep the thread active with movement/interview appointments in anyone of your cases.

Chicago.

Case Xfer - RFE dtls

RFE issued for Emp. letter, but I never changed the job.
What could be the reason for case transfer that too after a RFE?
Pl. update..

MN-Star

MN-Star - that was a good question. Yes, My XNotice says \'Xferred for Speed Processing and the local INS office will notify you of the decision made\'. Don\'t know why they may call me for interview :-(. But i was under the impression that almost every transferred case will be called for interview. Isn\'t that right ? Or is some Xfer cases gets approved without interview too ? I am not very sure. If u know some details , plese lemme know.

Also, what does your Xfer Notice say ? Is the above message is a standard Xfer message or is there any different messages for Xfer cases too ? Can some experts comment on this ??

We have now totally 3 cases (as per my knowledge) Xferred to MN (me, you and Raj-Titto)..anymore u know ???? If you would like to be in touch, please send me a mail to (sagit_nk@yahoo.com)

did you go to columbus office?

bubbame, did you find out any info about your case at the
columbus office? is it 4 months from the date of transfer to
interview date or to receive the interview notice? (i see that
usually the interview is scheduled for a month or so after the
date you receive the interview notice)

Lawyer opinion

we have to wait for 3 weeks before we call INS-Bloomington to check on the status of the case after it has been transferred from INS Lincoln.
Our experience has been that cases transferred to INS Bloomington sometimes are routinely approved without any further required action and sometimes involve a personal interview .
So not every file transfered to local will result in interview,but most of them will.

Anybody pls send your lawyers input and information about preparing for an interview.

Anybody in MN whose I-485 case is transferd to INS Bloomington should join this group.

Days between RFE response and local transfer notice

Could you please let us know how many day after AVM received RFE response that you heard Xransfer to local INS office. Thanks.

Another Xfer to MN, question for the message

Mine case approved on March 21st, wife\'s tranfered to local INS in MN, the message says "the case transfered to local INS in ...., the local office will send you the written desicion as soon as the processing completed", is this the normal message for the transfer case?

Another case transfered...

ImmigrationPortal.com US Immigration I-485 Issues 485
issues in Nebraska Service Center

Case transferred to Local INS office at
   Kansas City

NSC BENEF Aug97 - 09:23pm Mar 26, 2002 EST

Hi All,
    My case has been transferred to Kansas City. My husband is primary applicant. His
485 was approved last year March 8th 2001.

My details are -
RD: March 7th 2001
ND: March 13th 2001
FP: May 2001
EAD: June 2001
AP: May 2001

Talked to IIO 2 - 3 times.

Does anyone know how much time it takes for interview notice?

Thanks

cols_485 and Bubame

Any news on your cases? Is there a difference in the message that says speed processing and the one\'s that say interview??