New Thread for Transfer cases

case transferred on 2/8/02 to columbus

My transfer date was 12/28/01 to cleveland
From vleveland it went to cincinatti in last of january
and from cincinatti to columbus on 2/8/02
None of the phone numbers work for local INS offices.
I went in person to cleveland and then to cinciatti
office to find this. Havent been to columbus office yet.
Heard it might be 4 months or so for an interview

Dont know

485 Detroit,

I saw ur posting in another thread. Dont know why my spouse\'s case got transferred to INS Chicago.
        Got married 2 and half months before I485 filing.
        RD 10/00; ND 11/00; TD 02/20/2002

Chicago

Another case from another thread: Raj Titto

3. Mine also got Transfered to Local INS
  Posted By: Raj titto
                                   3/13/02 5:00 PM
                                   (#5 of 6)
  case details
  RD 04/19/2001
  ND 05/04/2001

checked AVM message yesterday... How long it will take to get the written message
  from Local INS office?
  what could be the reasons to transferred to local INS?
  Any help appreciated!

Yes ! I am from Cleveland !!

I think Cleveland is main porcessing center. From there application goes to other local offices in OHIO area.

Transfer to Chicago

RD/ND 10/2000
FP 04/2001
RFE1 04/2001
RFE2 01/2002
TD 02/2002

AVM message updated. Received a letter with the transfer note (specified as to "speed processing"). No interview letter yet.

any body transferred to cincinnati?

my case has been transferred to cincinnati local office.
anybody..with experience with cincti INS....

I got approved - wife got transfered to Chicago

Our rd/nd: Jan 2001
my ad: dec 2001
her td: Jan 2002

no interview call yet. don\'t know why it\'s transfered. we were married for one year at the time of I-485 application.

03/13 my wife case transferred to local INS- chicago..

Is it true that she has to wait for at least 6 months to get an interview?

Local Xfer to MN

Our case was also Xfered to local MN INS office on 03/13/02 as per AVM. Do not know any reason. Even attorney can\'t think of any possible reason as it is most straight case...huh..

My details are
PD : 06/00
ND: 5/01
RD : 5/01
FP/EAD/AP : 8/01
XferN (can we say XN :) 03/02

NK

Lawyer said 6-8 months

Wife\'s case transfered to INS Chicago on Feb 20.

Lawyer received transfer letter but we did not receive anything.

AVM updated. Lawyer said 6-8 months to get an interview from INS Chicago.

Chicago

No Title

Damn! Interview for local INS office is that far off? I will try to find out more info from my law office this week since my lawyer will be back in. But my lawyer\'s legal assistant didn\'t think that the Chicago INS office would take 6 months.

Anyone know how long EAD renewals take?

Transferred to Atlanta INS office

AVM at NSC says that my case has been transferred to Atlanta INS office. Here are my case details:
RD: 2/22/01
ND: 3/21/01
Transferred Letter NOT yet received.
Does anybody know any info at Atlanta INS in lie with handling the transferred cases? Pl share.
Thanks

No Title

Well below is what Ron Gotcher sent to me. But I\'m still trying to find out from my lawyer what she has to say about it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cases get transferred to local offices for a variety of reasons, including backlog reduction at the service centers. Just because it has been transferred does not mean that there is anything "wrong" with your file. Historically, the service centers transfer between 25% and 40% of adjustment filings to local offices for processing. Most of those are transferred solely for reasons of reducing the backlogs at the service centers.

The local offices are supposed to put your case in line with the cases filed with them on the same date your case was filed with the service center.

GCWisher - did you receive the interview call?

It is more than 2 months and from what I saw on previous notes
ferjo got the interview call in less than 2 months for
detroit.
I hope you get the call soon.

Please update on your status.

NOPE

We did not receive the Transfer Notice, but the lawyer received it.
TD : 02/20/2002 - INS Chicago

I am not sure if both the applicant and the lawyer will receive the transfer notice.

Wife\'s case...

My case was approved by wife\'s case is transferred to local INS (Newark). We applied at VSC together, I was the principle applicant, FP done on the same day, but on my case the message was "Processing resumed on Dec 28," (Before approval) and her the message was "31st Dec", I have no idea if that is the reason the file was separated and mine got approved with even RFE (I did not expected one either). On 5th of March, 2002 her message changed to "Case transferred to local INS blah blah blah" We received notice confirming the same last week. The notice says

"Preliminary processing of the above application or petition has been completed, and it has been transferred to the INS office at:

970 Broad Street, Room 334, Newark, NJ 07102
Telephone: 973-645-4400

The office will notify you when they schedule an interview on the application or petition, Any further inquiries should be made to that office.

The frustrated thing is when we call this number no body pick up the phone. At least VSC was better in this regard.

I went for stamping last week in the same office and tried to enquire but no one entertain me because it was not my case.

Can any one throw lights or have similar experience?

Sorry for the long post

MN- Xfer - Received Xfer Notice y\'day

My attorney faxed me the Xfer notice y\'day. Xfer date is March 13th and attorney received the notice on Mar 18th. Notice says xferred for faster processing..blah..blah..Hoping to receive the interview letter soon :) Hope MN is less crowded :) compared to other INS centers and hence faster Inetrview dates.

My details are
PD : 06/00
ND: 5/01
RD : 5/01
FP/EAD/AP : 8/01
XD(Xfer Date) 03/13/02
XN (Xfer Notice) 03/18/02
Interview ??
Approval ??