NEW THREAD FOR 420 -CSOFT-NJ based company

hurricane345 said:
-------------------------------------------------------------
I have Canada PR card.I do not have valid visa on my passport.
It also expired in April.
My H1 ext comes under 8th year.
I already have 3 years old LC with another company.
I am planing to apply this week I140 also.
So it is good to apply H1 with this company in permium and go to Canada for stamping.
Wil there be a problem in Canada.
Thanks

As you have Canada PR, you may be eligible for stamping in Canada. Normally they stamp only if we maintained status and have current valid status. Otherwise they ask to go to home country.

If you apply I140 and after approval you can apply for 3 years H1 ext. But right now as you dont have that much time you may have to go for stamping with 1 year ext.

H1B Invoke

UN , Pralay

I have valid H1B stamped with valid I-94.
My I-140 (Approved) and I-485 denied ..CSt.
I had start with old employer (Holding H1B) from Sept 2005 before denial. Also process for 7th year extesion in Sept 2005.

I have Canadian PR.

Is it Ok to go to canada and came back in US with having valid H1B (stamped) and I-94 to invoke H1B?

I have state cleared labor with 45 days letter.

Please let me know. your guidence will help me lot.

Please let me know, if any one have same situation like me.

Thanks,
Cyber.Gc

H1B Invoke

unitednations said:
Yes, you can go ahead and do that. Did your 7th year extension already get approved? If so is it with old company? What was the basis of your 7th year extension (old labor) or cyber 140 approval?

Thanks UN for your quick response.

My 7th year extension was filed by Old Company in September end 2005, and it’s in pending status.

My Old Company had started my GC process in last year, and I got the state labor cleared in July 2004. I also received the 45 days letter to confirming that my case is transferred to backlog center. Old company had started the 7th year extension on pending labor (365+ days old).

Thanks again, now I’m planning to go Canada to invoke my H1B.

Cyber.GC

I agree. Newtoforum, this is against the principles of this site, the thread may get deleted, so in the interest of all, please remove this from here and post in Yahoo groups instead. You may put a link, if u want to
Thanks

dyingforgc said:
Hey Newtoforum2005, please delete your below post for our good only. we have lot of useful information regarding how to get back to status and other related information. we don't want this thread to be deleted just because you copied whole below email. please understand. do it immediately.

I140 Pd

Hello UN,

Could you clarify for the following scenario.

1.My Labor pending in BRC is in EB3 category pending since March 2003.

2.My PERM application under process is in EB2 category.

If I am able to apply and get approval for I 140 in both cases can i get the PD of EB3 category labor to the EB2 labor?

Thanking you in advance for your reply.

unitednations said:
you have to have two approved I-140's to transfer priority dates. Once the perm labor gets approved and you get an I-140 approved on it, the priority date will attach. Once the old labor gets approved and you get an I-140 approved on it, then you will be able to transfer the old labor priority date to the perm I-140.

Cyber_Victim200 said:
Hello UN,

Could you clarify for the following scenario.

1.My Labor pending in BRC is in EB3 category pending since March 2003.

2.My PERM application under process is in EB2 category.

If I am able to apply and get approval for I 140 in both cases can i get the PD of EB3 category labor to the EB2 labor?

Thanking you in advance for your reply.

Did you apply EB2 perm through same employer where your EB3 remains pending?

Can anybody help for specifics on how to apply for FOIA

Can anybody help me what exactly that needs to be done to get our I140 information through FOIA.

I did see the site , but I didn't get where to start.

Can we submit PERm EB2/EB3 while REG LC is pending?

Cyber_Victim200 said:

UN:

Please suggest can we file PERM EB2/EB3 while regular EB3 LC is pending, if so under what situations?

How safe it is to file with same employer vs differrent employers?

Invoking H1 - why going cananda

why people keep saying going to canada and invoke H1; if the old employer h1 and old stamping is still valid then why should one go out. once your on old emp payroll - dormant h1 should automatically invoke...

UN - can you pls explain this? why go out

Hi UN

I spoke to my attorney -

when i am in H1 with new company and my old H1 was not revoked/cancelled by my old employer and if it is still valid say till 2007 (old h1) and if i go back to the same ol h1, then their is no need to go out and get a new I-94. At this point I am not talking about EAD. Clear case of H1 status maintained always... do you still think one needs to go out to canada and get it stamped again - why?

I respect your expertise

I agree when you say - when you entered last and what was your status...

so in my case - when i last entered, i was on h1 of old company, i continued to remain in h1 status after switching to B company and now i am going back to same old company...old h1 automatically gets invoked once payroll begins to generate... else it remains dormant. do you agree?

gchelpme said:
I agree when you say - when you entered last and what was your status...

so in my case - when i last entered, i was on h1 of old company, i continued to remain in h1 status after switching to B company and now i am going back to same old company...old h1 automatically gets invoked once payroll begins to generate... else it remains dormant. do you agree?

gchelpme,

1. When you switched from company A to company B, did you switch with H1 transfer?
2. Is your last I-94 (your curent one) still valid and it says that you are in H1 status?

If answer to both questions is "yes", then you don't need to go to Canada/Mexico and re-enter. You can start working with company A.

However, if any of the answer is "no", then you need to leave and re-enter in H1 status.

thanks for your valuable information UN

UN, thanks for your valuable information
take my case and let me know, i completed 6 years in april 2004, got 7th year extension until April 2005 from Company A who filed my Labor from NY in 2001 and i didnt get labor ,they layoffed me in Aug 2004, in the meantime i filed my labor from C and got approved and got 140/ead/ap all very fast and working with EAD from Sept 2005 and i am not using those H1 time in 7th year from Sept 2004 to April 2005

as you know now i am out of status with C,
is that i can capture those Sept 2004 to April 2005 H1 time once again ??
please let me know so i can start working ASAP

Thanks for your info

unitednations said:
If your six years has completed and you can't find a backlog labor.

Get a company to file a PERM labor for you immediately and file an I-140 even if you are out of status (remember to file a 140 you don't even need to be in the country).

I've seen perm labor get approved in one day. Filed last Sunday approved on Monday. Texas, Nebraska, Vermont is approving I-140's very fast these days (generally within a month, if everything is in order).

Any time you spend outside the country while on h-1 (even one day) or any time you had h-1 but you had a valid EAD, you can recapture the h-1 time once you got the approved EAD. In essence, you can say you started using EAD.

This could buy you some time to get back onto your six years of h-1. It may only be two-three-four months. However, key is that once you are back on h-1 and you get the 140 approved then you get another 3 years.

Also, other benefit is if you recapture this time, since you are back in six years then the backlogged labor you would be using to get 7th year extension would only have to be older then 365 days from the expiry of your new h-1. Therefore, it opens up more possibilities for you to use backlog labors that were filed late last year, instead of 365 days from when you think your original six years expired.

There was a disconnect between service centers on recapturing h-1 time. They were of the position it had to be a meaningful interruption. One day, one week here or there wasn't subject to recapture. However, AAO stated that one is not on h-1 when they are out of the country. The decision was not precedent or binding on service centers and they kept doing what they were doing.

However, USCIS just made the decision precedent and binding on all USCIS employees. Therefore, you can recapture the time. Show the following decision to your employer, potential employer or attorney and they will figure it out.

unitednations said:
your I-94 card is expired.
yes my I-94 is expired in Arpil 2005

What was the basis for the 7th year extension - whose labor?

this is from my previous company who filed my GC in 2001 and applied my 7th year when they are renewing my H1 from that company, This is american company so i cannot goback, that labor is still pending and its in Phili backlog center , its filed from NY city that's why i dont have any receipts, i sent fax to Backlog center with letter of that Fedex receipts which was given by previous company HR in 2001

Since you are not in a period of authorized stay, you will have to file with uscis to reclaim those months. However, I don't think they will give you a new I-94 card. They will approve it but ask you to go out and get new I-94.
means once they approve those months i have to go for Stamping in India, becoz i dont have any status now??, is they still approve my H1 , those months are from 7th year actaully

Thanks for your info UN,keep up the good work
unitednations said:
to change status to h-1, you have to be in valid non immigrant status on h-1 when you do it.

since you are not on h-1 currently then they will not approve with a new I-94 card.

You will have to go out of the country and come back in.

H1B Invoke from EAD (I-485 Denial case with Approved I-140)

All Cyber Victims,

I was with cyber… I have written everything what happened to me and what action/backup plans I took to save my status. I hope this information will help to any of cyber victims who are in the same situation where I was.

Status before Sept 2005:
1) Running in 6th year used sub. EB3 (Cyber)
2) I-140 was approved and I-485 was pending, (Cyber)
3) Received the EAD/AP of myself and spouse. (Cyber)
4) On Pay Roll (Cyber)
5) Didn’t sign the contract (Cyber)
6) Cleared state labor (EB3) with Old company PD: May 2004 with 45 days letter (Old Company)
7) H1B1 Valid Stamp with I-94 (Old Company) until 2005 end.

Status in Aug 2005:
1) LUD was update in month of Aug for I-140
2) Used the back-up plan to join the Old Company from September 1st.

Status in Sept 2005:
1) Join the Old company from Sept 1st week. (back on H1B)
2) Started the 7th year extension process in Sept 2005 on base of the old company’s cleared state labor with 45 days letter of backlog center.
3) LUDs were update for I-485 myself and spouse in Sept. last week

Status in Oct 2005:
1) Received the 7th year extension receipts (H1B) for myself and spouse
2) Receive I-485 denial in October 1st week. (believe subject to I-140 NOIR)
3) Backup plan for H1B invoke. (EAD to H1B)
4) UN and DyingforGC assist me lot; How to Invoke H1B from EAD
5) Took the Action plan, to Visit Canada and came back in US on H1B.
6) Visited the Canada and came back in US.
7) Invoked H1B from EAD.

While entering in US, The officer checked my H1B stamp and I-94 and told me it’s going to be expire soon your 6th year, What’s your plan after it expired?
Then, I gave him the 7th year extension receipt’s copy and told him, my company had started the process for H1B extension. He said OK and released me.

Thanks a lot to UN and DyingforGC.

Any suggestions, if I have to follow-up something that I missed.

Cyber.GC