• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

New Results of DV 2012 be discussed here with poll

What is your DV 2012 status?

• Total voters
is there someone here who won the DV on May 1st and paid the dv fee ?
if yes, could you tell me if they've already reimbursed you?

Emailed + regular mail.

With the court case over, no doubt you will press them again since there's finality to this whole situation now. They have no right at all to keep the fee (unless you've won again of course) and it was also expressly in Donahue's statement it would be refunded. So perhaps they've been dragging their feet as the case wasn't really closed before but there's really no justification for them to hold on to it now.

Any winner from African?

With the court case over, no doubt you will press them again since there's finality to this whole situation now. They have no right at all to keep the fee (unless you've won again of course) and it was also expressly in Donahue's statement it would be refunded. So perhaps they've been dragging their feet as the case wasn't really closed before but there's really no justification for them to hold on to it now.

Are you ****ing kidding me? So, whoever got selected in May (except their spouses - which perhaps accounts for the "May 1st winner and July loser") did get selected in July too, so what was the point to make the rest hopeful for the second chance? Are you ****ing kidding me? Have you ****ing lost your sense of decency?

hi guys...wishing u all good luck!
pls someone reply to a question of mine: how many times do i have to check the results? are there partial results or not? pls someone help me..ty!

Greetings!

I have been a lurker for the longest time, but this is my first time posting here. I'm a Nigerian-born American who won the DV-1996 lottery. I've been in the US for over 15 years now, living the American dream and loving it. I live in California. Since coming to America, I put myself through college (Engineering and Business) at a top-notch US college, studied abroad in France, worked in some of Wall Street's best investment banks (now working for myself), and living a very comfortable lifestyle. Of course, these did not come without challenges.

Why am I sharing this? Well, I've read incendiary comments by some trolls about America. Yes, America is not utopia, but America is still a land of opportunities as long as you play your cards right. I am a testament to that.

Since I became American, I've been working on helping my siblings come over but that process is VERY time consuming. I also put in an entry for them in the lottery each year but time and again, Lady Luck smiles not upon them. For anyone who did not get selected, I say try and try again but be realistic with your expectations. Great things are also happening to people in other parts of the world besides America. We all have different paths in this journey called life. We all have different destinies, but it's up to each of us to give destiny a helping hand.

LoveAmerica, my advice to you is go ahead, accept your Canadian university admission and try to process your lottery visa from Canada. You'll probably be better off processing your immigrant visa from Canada than in Asia. The visa processing takes time - valuable time which could be spent to further your education while you simultaneously wait to get the green light to go to America. You'll have ample time as well to emigrate to the US from Canada once you've received your immigrant visa; ample enough for you to apply for a leave of absence from your studies in Canada. From my experience, you should get the green card no more than 3 months after you've arrived the US. At that point, you can choose to go back to school in Canada or try to transfer to a US university. You'll always have your permanent residency status in the US as long as you spend sometime every calendar year in the US.

Good luck to all!

@ANGEL...........you can check million times if you have the time. There is no restriction. I dont think they posted partial results, that wont make sense.

Agree with chitonic: America is not a perfect place to live... you've got to be brave to embrace challenges and not easy to find a job very suitable and desirable to you and etc. healthcare is horrible, but doable - you just need to live under sonstant fear and risk if you dont have proper healthcare coverage...

Agree with chitonic: America is not a perfect place to live... you've got to be brave to embrace challenges and not easy to find a job very suitable and desirable to you and etc. healthcare is horrible, but doable - you just need to live under sonstant fear and risk if you dont have proper healthcare coverage...
lie.
black people can get welfare cause of them skin color and get free healthcare, food, etc.