New Orleans- N400 Tracker

NOLA interview experience

Hi all,

I had my interview this morning at the New Orleans DO. And here is my experience......

The day started with me fighting the urge to leave the house at 630am (I was scheduled for 8am), then I tought why so early since I am only 10mn drive from the DO. I took a deep breath and I was fine. I reached the USCIS building around 7:30am. I sat in the car listening to the civics CD since I only had about a 20 questions left. Then the question "What is Benjamin Franklin famous for?" came up, and boy....I had no Idea, I completely forgot. Then I thought it was time to leave the car so I don't freak out some more.

I came up to security and it was 7:45am. I could see the building almost empty through the glass doors. I thought ...good, I won't have to wait forever! The guard asked for my appointment letter and to remove all metal object and place then in the bin. He then removed car key from the bin and told me I couldn't enter the building with it because of the fingernail clipper that had a minicule knife on its side. I aksed him if that was a joke, he smiled and said: "I am sorry, I know, I just follow instructions....". I removed the clipper from my key and entered the bulding. It was 7:50am.

I placed my interview letter in the mail slot and began waiting. People started coming in, and a line was forming by the security post at the entrance. The two people who walked in after me had 8am appointments as well (Wow! 5mn to time) but I wasn't sure it it was for citizenship. I thought Gosh! New Orleans is truly the Big Easy.

I was called at 8:03am. The IO was a nice gentleman (late 20s early 30s). Swore me in. Asked to see passport and green card then the questioning began. Boy, this IO was fast! We went over each questions so fast, when he reached part 10 "Since...have you ever failed to file taxes" I accidently said yes then corrected my self. We both laughed. He said "gotta work and pay bills right!". That was the icebreaker.

The rest was smooth. He check congratulations and handed me N652. Then I pulled out my question sheet to get answers from questions in the forum but he was walking towards the door. he seemed in a rush to get out of the office. I thought he must have been headed for the bathroom (maybe diarhea, who knows). Oh well.....

He did tell me they hold ceremonies every week and I will be scheduled soon, And that if I don't hear from them within six months....I stopped him (What!). He laughed and said I should get the letter within weeks. I smiled and walked out the door...

Thank you all for posting your experiences and preparing me for this interview.

Keep posting and please include your timelines.

Formerf1.

:)

the offecor told me the same thing, 2 weeks. please let me know when you get the letter. it has been for me almost 5 months. I wish you all the best. i hope you gets it.

the offecor told me the same thing, 2 weeks. please let me know when you get the letter. it has been for me almost 5 months. I wish you all the best. i hope you gets it.

Could you at least post your timeline? was your case 3 or 5 year based? did you get a "decision cannot be made" or "else" ? five months seems unusual. Do you know USCIS has 120 days to approve or deny your case. Take charge! don't seat back! Also try to spend more time researching on this forum. You will find very helpful information.

Take care.

mine is 5 years. I am going on Monday for infopass then to court, if they still are not desiding. lawer asked me $2000 to file a pitition. but I will do it myself. what do you thinK?

I have been counting the days for 5 months now. I realy wish you get your oath letter soon. here is my time line. Thanks

sent N400 11/15/2008
Interview 3/9/09
FBI interview 5/11/09
still waiting for OL

mine is 5 years. I am going on Monday for infopass then to court, if they still are not desiding. lawer asked me $2000 to file a pitition. but I will do it myself. what do you thinK?

I have been counting the days for 5 months now. I realy wish you get your oath letter soon. here is my time line. Thanks

sent N400 11/15/2008
Interview 3/9/09
FBI interview 5/11/09
still waiting for OL

When you go for infopass on Monday make sure you ask to speak to a supervisor, and make you intention to file a lawsuit known. That should take care of things in my opinion.

Good luck.

hey, this is New Orleans,
they did not allow me to speak to the supervisor and did not answer to "why my application is pending" I walk out and head to court. got some direction to how to do it. read some forums and I sued the USCIS in New Orleans . I just dropped the petition last Friday. it has been 5 months since the Interview. pray for me. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
hey, this is New Orleans,
they did not allow me to speak to the supervisor and did not answer to "why my application is pending" I walk out and head to court. got some direction to how to do it. read some forums and I sued the USCIS in New Orleans . I just dropped the petition last Friday. it has been 5 months since the Interview. pray for me. Thanks

Good luck...

New Orleans Im ready for you! hehe. Former I don't know if you read my previous posts but when I got the letter for fingerprint they asked me to go to the New Orleans office, so much better than Atlanta like I thought since it is soooo much further! =)

I just got my Oath letter Yesterday. gosh, you guys have no Idea how much i was happy. I would like to thank Vorpal , NoInterviewDate and formerf1 and Yes you guys are right. good luck for all of you.

sent N400 11/15/2008
Interview 3/9/09
FBI interview 5/11/09
receive OL 8/28/2009
OD 9/3/2009

I just got my Oath letter Yesterday. gosh, you guys have no Idea how much i was happy. I would like to thank Vorpal , NoInterviewDate and formerf1 and Yes you guys are right. good luck for all of you.

sent N400 11/15/2008
Interview 3/9/09
FBI interview 5/11/09
receive OL 8/28/2009
OD 9/3/2009

OMG very awesome. I am still waiting for my OATH letter too. Everyday I check my mailbox and always get disappointed. :(

Hi Guys,

I have my Interview coming UP in couple of weeks, looking forward to get some insights from Previous filers. I appreciate your Help . Do they do same day Oath?

The google map showing to take exit 228 on I10 towards East and go in opposite direction on East Service Road. Is it easy to get There?

Thanks
-SatyaM

--------------------------------------------
Naturalization: New Orleand DO--------------------------------------------
July 17, 2009 - Mailed N-400 to TX-Lockbox
July 23, 2009 - NOA
Aug 12, 2009 - Bio Metrics @ Jackson, MS
Oct 13, 2009 - Interview @ New Orleans, LA

Mailed N-400---10/3/09
Recieved FP notice---10/13/09
FP in Metairie--11/2/09

when going in to your interview, do they ask you for your passport? The one that I have is already expired and I dont even know where it might be.

also, if I haven't worked in the last three years...do I still need to bring in recent income tax papers from the other two years?

how long does it take to recieve word about the interview notice after going to take FP?

Is there a place to park? My appt is late afternoon on 11/30, but will show up earlier on same day.

we do excacly same processing timeline

But i live in jackson ms,i will take fp in jackson . keep updating pls! and i will
let you know mine too!

.......NEW ORLEANS .......
11/02/09 N-400 MAILED
11/09/09 NOA Received
11/20/09 FP Notice Received (11/30/2009 FP appt)
UPDATING..........

Last edited by a moderator: