New Orleans- N400 Tracker

nola,

Thanks for your reply.
I sent in my application last week and they have cashed my check. Waiting for NOA.
How long did it take for you to get your NOA after you sent in the Application?

I will post dates as I make progress.

thanks,

-seru

Received NOA. Receipt number starts with SSC* (not a typo!).

I have seen disccussions that say TSC receipt numbers are in the format: SRC-YY-DDD-5NNNN and the numbers on the cashed check some how indicate receipt numbers?? Mine don't match up to anything on my NOA.

Appl mailed: 05/21
Check Clrd: 05/29
RD/PD: 05/24
ND: 06/05

Received FP notice for June 22nd, 2007. Went 2 days early and got it done without any objections.

My time line:
TSC/New Orleans DO

Appl mailed: 05/21
Check Clrd: 05/29
RD/PD: 05/24
ND: 06/05
FP Scheduled: 06/22 (FP done on 06/20, 2 days early)

thanks,

-seru

Anyone else wants to share New Orleans DO dates??

PD - August 9, 2007
Check cashed - December 25,2007
FP - January 24th, 2008
IL - ????????
Oath - ????????

Don't know my exact timeline

But here is an estimate for my timeline at the New Orleans Office:

Filed N400 somewhere btw dec 5-10 2007

Recived letter couple of weeks later

Check cashed a month after filling

Recived FP letter 40 days ago

Completed my FP on March 5th

Still Waiting for IL

I prepared myself for a looong wait time. Me being an arab, it will take them forever to finish my name check, i'm assuming

I prepared myself for a looong wait time. Me being an arab, it will take them forever to finish my name check, i'm assuming

I think that will be all our cases regardless of our race. I have heard horror stories of the New Orleans office and how long they take to process applications. I did my Green card application through them and it took forever!! What we need is for people to post how long it took them to get their Interview letter and try to guesstimate the timelines from their Priority Dates.

Last edited by a moderator:
i went through my bank account history and got my timeline

filed my N400 12/3/07
check cashed 1/02/08
FP done 3/4/08

When i did my Interview for the Green card, the IO advised me to file my N400 as soon as possible, i asked her how long the process takes and she told me around 9 months, I thought the NOLA office was kinda fast caz we don't have a lot of people applying for immigration in La
Guess i might be wrong

Last edited by a moderator:
New Orleans N-400 Timelines

Please provide your timeline if your N400 was filed in the New Orleans DO. Thanks in advance

New Orleans N-400

Hi all,

After a few weeks of delay, my N-400 journey starts today. Just came from the post office, where the package was mailed around 3:24 pm CST.
I welcome all of your prayers and good vibes.

thanks.

N-400 sent 5/18/09
DO: New Orleans

I know New Orleans has to be the loneliest District Ofiice (based on this forum's posts). Therefore guys please share your experiences/timelines.

Does the processing time of N400 depend on the DO or the lockbox it is sent to?

The Lockbox process is meant to speed up the initial processing of applications by creating a dedicated location solely for N-400 applications. When they used to go to the Service Centers, the N-400s came in with all the other types of petitions and there was an intermediate step of checking what type of application it was before processing could be determined. Now the Lockbox receives all N-400 applications. It is my understanding that the petitions are sent from the Lockbox to the National Benefits Center (NBC) in Missouri for processing. The idea is that once the NOA is sent out from the NBC, the petitioner's A-File is located wherever it is in the system, and then sent to the local DO asap. The whole point of the Lockbox was to create a dedicated receiving location just for N-400s. Overall processing at least up to FP appointment should be faster across the board regardless of DO.

You can read more about it at www.uscis.gov - just search for Lockbox.

NEW ORLEANS Timeline

Hi All,

I am stating this thread so all of you from the New Orleans area can share your N400 timeline. If you happen to know any N400 filers from the area, feel free to let them know about this amazing forum. I started a similar thread about a few weeks ago. Although I did not get a response, I refuse to believe I am the only one filing N400 in NOLA. So please get on your keyboards......

N400 DO: New Orleans
N400 mailed 5/18/09
N400 Received 5/19/09

Hi All,

I am stating this thread so all of you from the New Orleans area can share your N400 timeline. If you happen to know any N400 filers from the area, feel free to let them know about this amazing forum. I started a similar thread about a few weeks ago. Although I did not get a response, I refuse to believe I am the only one filing N400 in NOLA. So please get on your keyboards......

N400 DO: New Orleans
N400 mailed 5/18/09
N400 Received 5/19/09

Moving this to exiting thread. Post in existing New-Orleans thread instead of staring a new one every few days.

Okay, I am beginning to think that the lack of traffic on this thread might be a blessing. Is it synonimous with less N400 applications in the area? and therefore a non busy DO? let me know what you think