New naturalization test sample sentences - let's collect!

I was asked to write down:

"The president of the United States is elected by the people."

Personally I thought this was just a token test as the IO can already see from my educational background and responses to his questions my knowledge of the English language.

I was asked to write down:
"The president of the United States is elected by the people."

Interesting. People vote for the President, not elect. The President is elected by Electoral College. :confused: One more confusion.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are able to communicate in English in this forum, you will be able to write a sentence in English. Why are you so worried about 'one sentence'
Because it is only my concern. I don't expect any legal ussues with my application. I also is ready for history test :)(thank you, somebody who direct me to selftest website with audio; thank you, white77 for audio CD). Only the writing portion is out of my control.:(

Here are the sentences for free:

passcitizenshipexam.com/writingTest1/test.html

Click the checkboxes if you don't want to hear them spoken. Or hover over "Sentence List".

This thread is inane, if you understand English well enough to complete the N400 or understand this thread you have no need to worry over the simple sentences that you will be asked to read or write.
Chill out people.

Was presented with 3 questions, the interviewing officer picked one, asked me to read it, then write the answer: "Canada is north of the United States."

MY wife went today. "What do we pay to the government?" She wrote. "We pay taxes".

It is only testing writing not the contents of writing, right?
Is it OK to write "we pay citizenship application fee and biometrics fee"?

It is only testing writing not the contents of writing, right?
Is it OK to write "we pay citizenship application fee and biometrics fee"?

You're asked to read the question and write the answer that IO gives you.

You're asked to read the question and write the answer that IO gives you.

How strict do they judge our writing? If we write down "we pay the taxes",
"we paid taxes", "we pay tax", we pay taxs", "we payed the tax", or "we pays tax", can we still pass?

Last edited by a moderator: