NEW JERSEY Team

dsatish

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
We (core team) have decided to form state level teams so that we can meet in person and then plan to meet our local congress men. So who else want to join the NJ action team ? We can all meet this week-end (if possible). Let us all keep in contact. We can exchange our phone numbers through private messages.
So NJ folks, please respond.

I am in NJ too

I will also be able to contribute. If you plan to meet this weekend then the best day for me is Sunday morning. I am in Central Jersey. Send me a private message with your e-mail id/phone so that we can get in touch

I have sent my phone numbers to rajudm and waitingL1 through Private messages (please check and reply back). I request smita_goyle and whats_in_name to send their email / phone numbers to me by private message (click on the pm button below). I request more people to join this effort. Let's form a big team and try to catch up with the efforts of California team. If we form a big team here, we can influence the law makers.

dSatish,

It is absolutely terrific that you guys are planning to meet up and make things move. Though IMHO it is not essential that everyone meet up to decide upon a course of action. I

nstead the basic details of what to do and where to meet up for the Town meeting, what to submit, etc. can be decided in an open dedicated thread, so that even the lurkers can join in the action if so inclined. Also, people won't have to take time out twice for one meeting.

If you are interested I can mail you the document we used as a cover letter for our meetings, and that can be your starting point to modify and change to suit your needs.

Originally posted by smita_goyle
I could not send the PM to you, its not allowing me.
How to change the profile ?thanksSg

Simta,

Click on the button that says user cp on the top of your screen right under the disclaimer. It will be where you can change your settings to enable pm's!

smita,
click on the 'user cp' button at the top of this page (there are 7 buttons, 'user cp', 'register', 'calendar', 'search' etc ). Then click on 'edit options' tab. Then check the radio buttons for 'enable private messaging' and also for 'pop up a window when you receive a private message' . This shouls help.

140_takes_4ever,
you can mail the document (that you mentioned) to our core team yahoogroup Email.

Originally posted by sai-2367
Just a suggestion:- To expand the team include GC-seekers from Tri-state(NJ,NY,CT).
We will expand our team to tristate. Let me first concentrate on having a small informal meeting with NJ team. If we get more people for NJ team, then i can go for formal meeting.

NJ team

Let me give 1 week notice for our meeting. Let us meet on Saturday, Dec6. Is it OK for the NJ team members ? If you all agree, i will think about where we can meet and what time we can meet.

Originally posted by dsatish
you can mail the document (that you mentioned) to our core team yahoogroup Email.

No idea that the Yahoo Group email id had been set up. But have attached the document to this post so that everyone can access it. Feel free to modify it, it is a MS word, office 2000 document.

OK, i have contact info of every one who has sent me a PM. Let us go ahead with our plans for a meeting on Dec'6 . May be we can all meet for a lunch in Oak Tree Road on Dec'6. Delhi Darbar is my favourite buffet place. So please mark your calendars for a lunch meeting at Delhi Darbar on Oak Tree Road on Dec'6 at 12.30PM. Any suggestions for alternate venues are welcome.
waitingL1, you can join us for the next meeting. I do not want to wait for more time and also i do not want to have a meeting for this week-end because it's a long week-end and and also it would be too short a notice.

Last edited by a moderator: