New Jersey SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
vidswami said:
Any one who filed for greencard after may 2002 got the 45 day letter?

Hi was your case opened by any chance. Did you file RIR. There is a chance your case was opened. In that case, it is still at NJ DOL and not moved to BEC. I think the plan is to have all these opened cases procesed by 3/31/05 and then move them to NY DOL Regional.

Green Card Backlog reducation

I have another question

Regarding the backlog reduction if a person's case is filed for example june 2003, then will they data entry and send the 45 day letter only when they reach that date or will they finish data entry and send the 45 day letter for all cases first?

Any Idea?

Master Tracker

Hello all,

I am trying to create a master tracker that will help all of us determine where we all fall in the BEC queue.

My goal is to consolidate into a single tracker all pending labor certifications from all STATES and all DOLs.

This will help us in the long run to better understand how BECs will be processing our cases.

I have attached an empty tracker. I will return next Friday, February 11 to “pick it up”.

At that time I will merge all sub-trackers into a single one and post it in the DOL forums section.

I hope you find value in doing this and participate. If your forum has a tracker already, it would be great if someone volunteers and populates the tracker I have posted.

Since it will be hard for me to check all forums next week, if you have any questions, please send me a Private Message.

Thank you for your help

JustWatching

here is my info

HERE IS MY INFORMATION. I THINK THIS MASTER TRACKER IS A GOOD IDEA.

JustWatching said:
Hello all,

I am trying to create a master tracker that will help all of us determine where we all fall in the BEC queue.

My goal is to consolidate into a single tracker all pending labor certifications from all STATES and all DOLs.

This will help us in the long run to better understand how BECs will be processing our cases.

I have attached an empty tracker. I will return next Friday, February 11 to “pick it up”.

At that time I will merge all sub-trackers into a single one and post it in the DOL forums section.

I hope you find value in doing this and participate. If your forum has a tracker already, it would be great if someone volunteers and populates the tracker I have posted.

Since it will be hard for me to check all forums next week, if you have any questions, please send me a Private Message.

Thank you for your help

JustWatching

Last edited by a moderator:
Update for backlog processing from the office of Sheela Murthy

DOL Provides Additional Guidance on BECs and PERM Centers

Representatives from both the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) and American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) met on January 1, 2005 to discuss labor certification Backlog Elimination Centers (BECs), PERM centers, and other labor certification issues. A summary of their discussions was released on January 24, 2005. We have summarized highlights of that report for the benefit of MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers.

BECs Currently Processing Only Cases from Own Regions

The DOL confirmed that BECs are currently processing only labor certifications that moved from their own regions into the BECs. The 45-day letters have still not gone out on all cases that were transferred from the Dallas, Philadelphia, and San Francisco regional offices into the BECs, and a case is not processed until the 45-day letter is returned with a response. One reason the BECs may not yet be processing cases from other regions and the State Workforce Agencies (SWAs) is that the DOL is working on establishing national standards for the labor certification reviews. These national standards will attempt to address the fact that each region has somewhat different interpretations of the requirements for the labor certification. Once these national standards are established, it may be made clearer whether a switch is in the best interest of those considering re-filing their existing cases under PERM.

45-Day Letter Only Indication of Transfer

The DOL confirmed that the SWAs and regions do not have funding to issue transfer notices when the cases are moved to BECs. Therefore, the only notice of the transfer will be the 45-day letter to the employer or employer's representative. The DOL did indicate that the San Francisco regional office was left with fewer than 10,000 remaining cases. This follows the transfer of 10,000 cases to the Dallas BEC and 10,000 to the Philadelphia BEC. So, for cases that were sitting at the San Francisco region, there is approximately a one-in-three chance as to where the case is at this time. Since the oldest cases were the ones transferred, the more recently-filed cases most likely remain at the San Francisco regional office.

Processing Cases by First-In / First-Out (FIFO)

Though cases at the BECs will be sorted into RIR and regular labor certification cases, the DOL advised that they are making every effort to get the cases with the oldest priority dates processed first, regardless of whether they are RIR or regular. Therefore, if the RIR processing is going faster than the regular case processing, the DOL intends to shift its resources. There likely will be little advantage as far as time for those who filed RIR cases rather than regular cases. This factor may also play a big role in the decision whether to re-file under PERM or wait out the processing at the BECs.

Special Handling Cases

The DOL is still working to identify Special Handling cases that were sent to the BECs and determining how to process them. There hopefully will be more information on this at a later date. For those who are not familiar with the term "special handling" it refers to a faster option for obtaining a labor certification available for certain faculty teaching at institutions of higher education.

Job Orders for Regular Cases

The BECs will process job orders for regular cases on a national level, using a national job order system. Job orders for cases that the SWAs processed were placed on a state level. PERM will also require job orders at a state level.

45-Day Letters

The DOL has indicated that it will accept an attorney's signature on the letter in lieu of the employer's signature, but if they receive a letter from the attorney and the employer, the employer's expressed intent will govern. The DOL agreed that employers could submit a substitute beneficiary at the time of responding to the 45-day letter and expressed that this is a "great" time to submit such substitutions.

Hi JustWatching

Need your expert opnion in interpreting what Murthy's bulletin indicates today.

The DOL confirmed that BECs are currently processing only labor certifications that moved from their own regions into the BECs. The 45-day letters have still not gone out on all cases that were transferred from the Dallas, Philadelphia, and San Francisco regional offices into the BECs, and a case is not processed until the 45-day letter is returned with a response. One reason the BECs may not yet be processing cases from other regions and the State Workforce Agencies (SWAs) is that the DOL is working on establishing national standards for the labor certification reviews. These national standards will attempt to address the fact that each region has somewhat different interpretations of the requirements for the labor certification. Once these national standards are established, it may be made clearer whether a switch is in the best interest of those considering re-filing their existing cases under PERM.

Do you know what they mean by their own regions?

Appreciate your input on this.

njrirlabor said:
Hi JustWatching

Need your expert opnion in interpreting what Murthy's bulletin indicates today.

Do you know what they mean by their own regions?

Appreciate your input on this.

By their own regions they mean

Philly BEC -> brought Philladelphia DOL Region
Dallas Bec -> brought Dallas DOL Region.

Whether they will process ALL REGIONAL DOL cases is still not clear - as much as some would like to believe it is. In any case eventuall all cases from all SWAs will be entered into the system and letters will be sent out.

Unless we have a good master tracker we are never going to be able to figure out what the BECs are doing

Master Tracker

Please append to the tracker and don't rename the file

I will be appending all states and DOLs next Friday Feb 11

JustWatching said:
By their own regions they mean

Philly BEC -> brought Philladelphia DOL Region
Dallas Bec -> brought Dallas DOL Region.

Whether they will process ALL REGIONAL DOL cases is still not clear - as much as some would like to believe it is. In any case eventuall all cases from all SWAs will be entered into the system and letters will be sent out.

Unless we have a good master tracker we are never going to be able to figure out what the BECs are doing

HI Justwatching:

thank you for your input. Really appreciate it. My case is already open by NJ DOL. So, will perhaps will not move to BEC. Hence no entry from me on your tracker. Though it's a great idea and will be very valuable to the people

Thanks again

BEC tracker

I am not sure if my case remains opened in NJ or if it has been transfered to BEC. But my lawer felt confident that it was being transfer to BEC.

I added my info in the BEC tracker.

Thanks,
Waiting4LC
RIR May 20 2002

Waiting4LC said:
I am not sure if my case remains opened in NJ or if it has been transfered to BEC. But my lawer felt confident that it was being transfer to BEC.

I added my info in the BEC tracker.

Thanks,
Waiting4LC
RIR May 20 2002

Do you know, if your case was opened by NJ DOL? I.e did you receive any correspondence such as RFE etc. In that case, it might still be there and will go to NY DOL.

My case if Feb 02 RIR and is open and as per NJ DOL it will be processed by them and then trasferred to NY DOL and not the BEC.

njrirlabor said:
Do you know, if your case was opened by NJ DOL? I.e did you receive any correspondence such as RFE etc. In that case, it might still be there and will go to NY DOL.

My case if Feb 02 RIR and is open and as per NJ DOL it will be processed by them and then trasferred to NY DOL and not the BEC.

I never heard anything from NJ DOL. My lawyer called them and they will not give the status for my case. They said they were busy transferring files to BEC. I think a number of people filing on May 2002 are in the same situation as me.

So i dont have ask if my case (june 02) is moved to BEC or not . you guys are all from May and suspicious if your case is in BEC or not :confused: :(
so I may be already in BEC...? Any comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.