New Jersey SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: need help

Hi 2002Labor,
I am in almost similar situation except mine is regular visa extension. I talked to DMV, and they agreed to extend my DL if I present the original receipt (that says Notice of Action on top) from INS. I asked my employer to mail me the same.

I suggest you talk to DMV and explain the situation. Tell them you are legally NOT out of status.
GoodLuck!

NJ DMV License

2002Labor,

If you have applied on Dec 10, after getting the Original Receipt for ur husband's H1, DMV will extend the license till the # of days written on the original receipt.

If the receipt says, it will take 60-120 days to process your application. NJ DMV will give u driving license extension Dec 10 + 120 days.

Hope this helps.

Re: NJ DMV License

My Visa is up for the regular extension and my License expires on March 21st 2004. I went to the DMV yesterday and found the same info that GC4Ever just mentioned.

My employer agreed to file for my extension in premium processing, so hopefully I get the I797 pretty soon.

GC4ever, 2002Labor :
Its really awesome to find that this forum is a medium to discuss the issues that we domestically face in NJ.
Thanks a bunch to this team....

-nervewreck

Originally posted by GC4Ever
2002Labor,

If you have applied on Dec 10, after getting the Original Receipt for ur husband's H1, DMV will extend the license till the # of days written on the original receipt.

If the receipt says, it will take 60-120 days to process your application. NJ DMV will give u driving license extension Dec 10 + 120 days.

Hope this helps.

As GC4Ever mentioned, NJ DMV will issue license for probably 120+ days from the date of Notice of action.
If that doesnt help - Please ask your company to file in premium processing - else you wont be able to drive.

I had been personally in that situation and I was not able to drive for 3-4 months.

My h1 expired on Sep 30, 2003 and so did my NJ driver lic. My H1 extension application was approved in Jan 2004. The case was filed in April 2003. YES - INS took more than 9 months and stil they didnt approve the case. My company filed my case again in Jan 2004 in premium processing. Thats how I got my H1 approved. And I got my lic again in Jan 2004.

Thanks

Hi friends,

Thanks for your reply.I appreciate it.

I showed all the replies to my husband.Tomorrow we r going to DMV.

This forum is really very helpful.

Thanks
2002labor

Thanks

Hi friends,

Thanks
2002labor

Re: Thanks

Originally posted by 2002labor
Hi friends,

Thanks
2002labor
One more thing, get a printed version of case#, just incase, from https://egov.immigration.gov/graphics/cris/jsps/caseStat.jsp.
Good to have it handy.

Re: Re: Thanks

They dont recognize anything other then the original receipt. I presented the printed version of case #. Only thing DMV is intrested is the ORIGINAL RECEIPT. NO ORIGINAL NO EXTENSION.
Atleast thats what was told when i had been to DMV.

Originally posted by assur
One more thing, get a printed version of case#, just incase, from https://egov.immigration.gov/graphics/cris/jsps/caseStat.jsp.
Good to have it handy.

Thats right. Printout's from internet websites are not at all entertained at the DMV. They dont trust any printout's from anywhere.

NJ licenese DL Renewal

it seems like difference offices have different criterian. My H1 is valid till Sept 2004. When I went for DL renewal this month , they renewd it for 4 years. though based on this forum i was expecting that they will renew it only for sept 2004.

I went to eaton Town office.

well.. you are lucky. Didn't they ask you to provide your h1 and prove that you are legal in this country.

Does your lic has these words imprinted on it -
'TEMPORARY INS VISA STATUS'?

off course Lady looked at the VISa in the passport.

There is nothing on DLas Temporary INS VISA Status

eventhough my lc filed from NY city, i stay in NJ area,
i didnt had any problem when i went ot wayne office and just gave my previous license, eventhough i am in 7th year now
they didnt ask anythinh
i got for 4 years means till 2007.

i dont have 'TEMPORARY INS VISA STATUS' on my previous license though

good Sebi you got license
all the best for everyone who are going to get their license renewal

could you guys tell which DMVs in NJ have refused licence ext without the H1 ext receipt copy. Please share so that we don't land up in those offices.

I do not know which refuses but I got mine from Eaton Town office. Also the licence is digital licence :)

i got renewal notice via email few months back and I just paid the fee. they sent me the new license valid until 2007. my prev lic did was not temporary. of course, the new lic is now without a photo id.

Well - I guess all regional offices are not following NJ DMV rules. I had been to West Deptford regional office in south jersey and they are very particular about making sure you have a valid H1 and they issue Lic valid only uptil your visa validity date. Also, The lic has 'TEMPORARY INS VISA STATUS' imprinted on it.

Approval Notice

Hi Guys,

Case got approved in NJ both state and federal on Jan 23(applied on nov 2001,EB2 RIR)I just got this message, How long does it take to get a confirmation letter from DOL to my Attorn/Employer.As I dont know if this is my case or somone from my company.

Regards
Kat

New Jersey License

NJ license

- either you can wait till you get renewal notice, send check for renewal fees and you will get non-photo ID valid till next 4 year (2008) . I guess this is better option because you dont have to renew again in 2007 like me.

- or you can go in person at Trenton DMV and show them your H1 visa (or approval notice). You will get license till your visa expiration.

Status
Not open for further replies.