New Jersey SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be safer to have the receipt (from filing the extension) in hand by the time the existing H1/H4 expires... so I would not file for my extension 1 day before, nor would I suggest/recommend it. I think gc_labor_pain mentioned a period of around 90 days - that is a good suggestion since it takes 3-4 months for the extension to come through. That also takes care of any emergency travel issues.

I would suggest applying 4 months before so that you will get your H1 xtended before the current h1 expires. I dont know if its allowed or not.

I just took this excerpt out of the http://travel.state.gov/hlop.html website. You cannot send for revalidation before 60 days of expiration of the current VISA.

--------------------------------------------------------
Visa Refusals

The Visa Office will refuse your revalidation application under section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952 and return your documentation to you if your application lacks any, some, or all of the following:

A properly completed Nonimmigrant Visa Application Form DS-156
A Supplemental Nonimmigrant Visa Application Form DS-157, for all male applicants aged 16 to 45, regardless of nationality;
Visa photograph that does not meet our nonimmigrant visa photo requirements;
Reciprocity fee payment, if required;
A passport bearing the most recent visa in the same classification as the visa being applied for;
A passport that will expire in less than six months;
An application sent more than 60 days before expiration of the current visa or more than one year after the expiration of the previous visa;
An employment letter that it is not comprehensive and does not describe the applicant’s duties in detail;
I-797 or I-94.
--------------------------------------------------------An application sent more than 60 days before expiration of the current visa or more than one year after the expiration of the previous visa;

how i read the information from this AVM? I mean how i can idetify my record??
---------------
I checked my case DOL's AVM using Employer's phone #, it says no records found. If you know the employer's phone #, you can check your status by dialing
212-337-2193 and select option '1' and then '2' and enter your employer's phone #. It may give you status..

that's for visa-revalidation (Passport stamping) not for H4-extension. There is Gigantic difference between those two.

Originally posted by kr2002
I just took this excerpt out of the http://travel.state.gov/hlop.html website. You cannot send for revalidation before 60 days of expiration of the current VISA.

--------------------------------------------------------
Visa Refusals

The Visa Office will refuse your revalidation application under section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952 and return your documentation to you if your application lacks any, some, or all of the following:

A properly completed Nonimmigrant Visa Application Form DS-156
A Supplemental Nonimmigrant Visa Application Form DS-157, for all male applicants aged 16 to 45, regardless of nationality;
Visa photograph that does not meet our nonimmigrant visa photo requirements;
Reciprocity fee payment, if required;
A passport bearing the most recent visa in the same classification as the visa being applied for;
A passport that will expire in less than six months;
An application sent more than 60 days before expiration of the current visa or more than one year after the expiration of the previous visa;
An employment letter that it is not comprehensive and does not describe the applicant’s duties in detail;
I-797 or I-94.
--------------------------------------------------------An application sent more than 60 days before expiration of the current visa or more than one year after the expiration of the previous visa;

you can't - not unless you are the only beneficiary for which your company has applied for labor, or you are the only one with a particular DOT code amongst all your firm's beneficiaries. the only unique identifier is the case number. remember that the 'forwarded to regional dol' date will be different from the 'receipt date' mentioned in the AVM (although this may give you a vague idea).

Originally posted by pain_labor
how i read the information from this AVM? I mean how i can idetify my record??
---------------
I checked my case DOL's AVM using Employer's phone #, it says no records found. If you know the employer's phone #, you can check your status by dialing
212-337-2193 and select option '1' and then '2' and enter your employer's phone #. It may give you status..

Labor Issue

I applied my labor from company A, now I need to move to another company B, I think I can continue still labor with my old employer. My question is do they specify this labor is current employee, I gave all my details at the time of labor. Do I need to change labor as a future employee.

Thanks in advance
-AK

Re: Labor Issue

No. The labor is specific to a company, location and job description and not the employee - meaning that that labor can be used for anyone with your job profile working for company A in that location (labor substitution). So you don't need to change any information as a future employee (except maybe change of address if applicable), and yes you can continue the whole process with company A as the GC is for a future job.

Originally posted by ak4757
I applied my labor from company A, now I need to move to another company B, I think I can continue still labor with my old employer. My question is do they specify this labor is current employee, I gave all my details at the time of labor. Do I need to change labor as a future employee.

Thanks in advance
-AK

Hi friends

came to know about this site from a friend.
Wow! Lot if information.

When i went thru i found only RIR details so not sure if it's the right place for me to get some info.
My labor was filed in july 2001 Non-RIR. I'm not sure about my EB category u r talking about. i have bachelors in computer engg.

any idea when i'll get my labor?

Thanks in advance
ha_hk :confused:

welcome ha_hk! acc. to the Labor site, still they are processing Apr 2001 cases for NON-RIR cases; and it has hardly moved since a long time. So, I really dont know when your case may be approved. hang in there and hope for the best.

whats the current processing date for NJ SESA ?

Hello ,
Can any one let me know what priority date is NJ(SESA) labout dept processing..

I applied on Dec 10 th 2002 ?

Thanks in advance..

Javangulas

Originally posted by justdoit
welcome ha_hk! acc. to the Labor site, still they are processing Apr 2001 cases for NON-RIR cases; and it has hardly moved since a long time. So, I really dont know when your case may be approved. hang in there and hope for the best.

Thanks for ur reply.

Like RIR I thought non-rir will also pick up it's pace. But it hasn't.
Any idea why it hasn't moved from april2001?

i'm very much confused and hope someone atleast has a clue about it.
ha_hk

There were thousands of cases received in April 2001 by Labor Dept. coutesy of the new law - section 245(i) which offered Green Card to illegal aliens. The Labor Dept. has been still busy dealing with those cases.
Read story below from americanvisalawyers.com
http://www.americanvisalawyers.com/news/2001/section245.html

The new Section 245(i) gives eligible aliens who are "illegal" or "out of status" the opportunity to apply for U.S. permanent residence ( for a "green card" ) without having to leave the U.S.
This is beneficial to persons who entered the U.S. illegally or who entered legally and then overstayed or violated their lawful status.

Persons who wish to apply under Section 245(i) have until April 30, 2001 to file an immigrant visa petition ( I-130, I-140 or I-360 ) with the Immigration & Naturalization Service or a labor certification application with the Department of Labor.

A person may be eligible to file for U.S. permanent residence based on a qualifying family relationship or through an offer of employment.

U.S. permanent residents can petition for their spouses and unmarried sons and daughters of any age.

U.S. citizens can petition for their spouses, parents, married and unmarried sons and daughters of any age, and for brothers and sisters.

Employers can petition for employees or future employees once a labor certification application has been approved by the Department of Labor.

Two categories may self-petition: applicants for "national interest waivers" and battered spouses.

The process usually consists of two-steps: the filing of an immigration petition (based on a qualifying family relationship or based on an approved labor certification application) followed by the filing of the application for permanent residence. In most cases the petition must be approved before the application for permanent residence can be filed.

The $1000 fee is paid to the INS at the time of filing of the application for permanent residence, along with regular INS filing fees.

Without the new Section 245(i), persons who are "illegal" or "out of status" or who violated the terms of their status would not be able to stay in the U.S. to complete the process to become a U.S. permanent resident; they would have to leave the United States and return to their home countries in order to complete the process and risk being denied re-entry.

To establish eligibility to file under Section 245(i) the applicant for permanent residence must prove that he or she was present in the U.S. on December 21, 2000. The applicant must also show that he or she, despite having been out of status or in the U.S. illegally, is eligible for U.S. permanent residence.

Status
Not open for further replies.