New Jersey SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
@pathikb,

I was just about to ask you whether your date of Aug 5, 03 was the 'forwarded' date or 'received' date - thanks for clarifying that... I'm hoping my application is approved soon (forward date 07/28) - at this stage, i'm in one of my chronic, 'frustated' states

Btw, are you going for AOS or CP?

@gc_labor_pain,

pathikb is an experienced guy. Your chances may increase to 1.5/10 if you try on Mon/Wed/Fri between 9:30 am and 12:30 pm - in one of my numerous tries I had heard a message on the 2184 number that specified that you should call between those times to talk to a human.

ck510,
i m going for AOS. I don't know how long it takes for CP. Suggest me if u have any clue what is better. i would really appreciate.

Thanks,

Pathik

Originally posted by ck510
@pathikb,

I was just about to ask you whether your date of Aug 5, 03 was the 'forwarded' date or 'received' date - thanks for clarifying that... I'm hoping my application is approved soon (forward date 07/28) - at this stage, i'm in one of my chronic, 'frustated' states

Btw, are you going for AOS or CP?

@gc_labor_pain,

pathikb is an experienced guy. Your chances may increase to 1.5/10 if you try on Mon/Wed/Fri between 9:30 am and 12:30 pm - in one of my numerous tries I had heard a message on the 2184 number that specified that you should call between those times to talk to a human.

tough question to answer..

- CP is faster, but possibly more risky as you have to travel to the home country to appear for the interview. I've heard that if the consulate denies your application, then you are 'stuck' and cannot even return on your valid H1-B. (You should get this verified.)

- CP comes into play only after the I-140 is approved. The biggest advantage of CP 2 years back was that we could get I-140 approvals in 3-4 months.. and CP in another 3-5 months.. so basically after Labor approval, you would most probably have the GC in your hand 1 year later. Unfortunately, I-140 nowadays are taking 1 yr minimum - so the time advantage is almost gone, but the risk is still there.

So today it may boil down to a difference of maybe about 4-6 months and more risk if one goes for CP instead of AOS.

There is also a possibility that one can file for AOS processing and then convert to CP after the I-140 is approved. There is a 'regular' procedure for this, and also an 'attorney-certified' procedure. From my understanding, if you decide to switch from AOS -> CP, it takes them a lot of time to get your file out and send it to the consulate (maybe 1 year for this alone). Hence, the attorney can also 'certify' a copy of your application and send it to the consulate directly - the attorney will claim some sort of hardship that you are facing/will face etc. and the consulate accepts the application.

I would recommend you check with the other forum topics on this board to get more recent info. Also the gurus reading this thread may be able to suggest something more.

You can also check out the comparison of AOS Vs CP on the Murthy website; some basic explanations of all procedures are also available at www.immihelp.com.

Ofcourse, you may be knowing all this already, and this is all just a repetition. :D

If you're wondering what I will do, the answer is unfortunately not in my hands - my lawyer is this great guy who refuses to consider the possibility one should go for CP. Whenever I ask him anything related to this, all I get in response is a 'No, No CP - too risky'. :)

Check the different websites, gather all the info, and then talk to your lawyer. Don't ask for recommendations from too many people, because you will get even more confused. :confused: There are enough people on both sides, and both are equally right.

ck510

thanks for your reply. i already spoke to my lawyer and he suggests AOS.
1. CP is too risky
2. You lose advantage of portability law and you cannot get AP
and i need to go to india in the beginning of next year.
So considering all these, I think AOS is much better in my case.

and all the best to you. i think hopefully u should be hearing something from federal in day or two. and i will see u soon in I140/I485 forum.

good luck

pathik

I think CP is a NO NO.
pathikb pointed out the important reasons to NOT consider CP. You probably get the GC somwhat faster but the CP process is TOOO risky.

This may not be true (confirm from your lawyer) - if your CP is denied and you have a valid H1B you can continue to work on H1B

Hi gurus. I need your help now. I got 2 queries for wages and repost advertisement and I replied to that.

My lawyer told me today that it has moved from state to NY.

Can you please tell me who has the authority to reject - state DOL or federal ??? Is it good news for me or not ???
Pls educate me. I am really worried.

both have the authority - otherwise why would it go to them?

good news is that it cleared the state - hopefully u won't have to wait more than 1-3 months for federal to come through..

so relax - don't worry too much

vvlabor - I cant find your entry in the tracker.
can you give more details about your case like PD, whether labor was filed in EB2/EB3 - RIR ?, skillset, etc. so that tracker can be updated with that info

hi guys. My application was filed on 24th sept 2001. Got 2 query's on July 15th 2003 . Replied to the queries on August 28th. Moved from state to federal on 24th September. Filed in EB2 - RIR category

Please update the tracker

Labor certification Process

Guys,
How many steps are in labor approval ? I know, labor goes first to state approval and then it goes to federal.

But I was talking to my attorney this monrning, and she said that my case is sitting in regional labor office for approval. She was saying that my case got approved in NJ and stting in regional office for approval.

It seems Attoney has spoken to some one in regional office and and they said it may tak 4-5 months to get approval.

My confusion is, if it is already approved in NJ and NY federal processing time is current and it should come very soon? Or there is intermediate step between State and Federal called resional approval ? we applied for labor on Feb 2002.

Expert opinion on this. thanks in advance.

NJ/RIR/Jan 2002

Any idea how longs it is gonna take for just the Labour to clear in NJ . I saw my friends filed way after me from states like Delaware and got even the federal cleared by now.
Did anyone hear any good news from NJ state labor.

Guys,
How many steps are in labor approval ? I know, labor goes first to state approval and then it goes to federal.

But I was talking to my attorney this monrning, and she said that my case is sitting in regional labor office for approval. She was saying that my case got approved in NJ and stting in regional office for approval.

It seems Attoney has spoken to some one in regional office and and they said it may tak 4-5 months to get approval.

My confusion is, if it is already approved in NJ and NY federal processing time is current and it should come very soon? Or there is intermediate step between State and Federal called resional approval ? we applied for labor on Feb 2002.

Re: Reply

atulka
are u sure about the date that u filed for LC? Is it feb 2002 or feb 2001. If its feb 2002 just relax cuz at this time NJ SESA is processing Oct-Nov 2001 cases and i don't think ur case has ever been worked upon if u have filed in Feb. 2002. i think ur lawyer is lying to u saying that the case is in regional. just confirm the date.

Originally posted by atulka
Guys,

@atulka,

Pathikb is right. If your case was forwarded to regional dol, then you lawyer would have received a postcard giving your NJ case number and the date it was forwarded. You can ask your lawyer to fax you a copy so that you know the actual date. Then look at the latest version of the tracker (njlabor.xls) on this thread to get an idea of when you may get a labor approval from the Regional office.

('Regional' and 'Federal' are the same - it is 'Federal' but done regionally by the corresponding Regional DOLs)

Guys, I was talking to my my attorney and she said that she spoke to NY DOL regional office and they said that it will take 4-5 months to get the approval for my case.
I know that my Labor was filed on End of Feb of 2002. I am sure about that.
I asked my attorney that if my case is there in NY regional office then why it will take 4-5 months as i think they are very current. But accornding to murthy.com NY DOL is processing June 2003 case. So based on that it may be that my case has already gone to NY and it may take 4-5 months.
I mean, why my attorney will say that my cas has gone to NY regional office if it is still with NJ ?
Lets hope for the best. Thanks

This is strange. the latest case that has gone to NY DOL is 1st week of November according to the NJ Labor Tracker that we are maintaining. How did a case filed in Feb 2002 reach NY DOL?

You also mentioned acc. to murthy.com NY DOL is processing June 2003. Did you check what is murthy.com saying about NJ SESA?

From the DOLETA website -
New Jersey
Regular : Apr. 2001
Permanent RIR : Oct. 2001

here is the link -
http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp
and it clearly mentions NJ SESA is processing Oct 2001 RIR cases.

I agree with you guys. I don't beleive that my case has gone to NY. I think, my attorney does not know what she is taking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.