New Jersey SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
PERM

Guys any idea when PERM is going to start ?

My employer is applying in the Regular category (not RIR) .... and DOL has not taken p those casese for more than 3 years now .... I dont know if they will ever process them at all ?

Can you guys please ask your lawyers and post a reply ... as I dont have access to mine.

Thanks, Guys ....:confused:

PERM

But my employer does it in Regular only - Meanwhile I cannot change jobs - jobs are hard to find now.

Do u know anything about PERM though ?

msd_gc
if i were you, i would not bet on PERM. One, they have been talking about it for a while now and nothing has transpired yet. Secondly, reading articles on murthy.com and immigration.com it appears as if there are very many gliches that needs to be resolved. Even if it sets off in near future (which is highly unlikely), getting through PERM is not going to be that easy. goodluck.

gc_labor_pain and jpanchal are right - don't wait for PERM. And you're correct, jobs are tougher to find nowadays (with possibly same/lower pay). not sure what your skillset etc is, so not sure how tough it will be... but i would still suggest that you keep looking for a change .. RIR itself is taking 2 yrs and anything slower is probably not worth it..

msd_gc,

Are you working for a corporate company (or) consulting agency ?
I mean say that your H1 with Corporate company (or) Consulting agency ? I may help you our based on your answer ..

thnaks..

Atlast labour got cleared.
PD Date - August 2001
Moved to Federal - June 2003
Got NOF - August 2003
Labor Approved - Sept 2003
Please update the excel sheet.

Good Luck.

hi All

I just heard about the site though a friend..Very infromative...
Mine was applied in Oct 2001 ..i do not know the exact date..
got a nof this week about the prevailing wages..My lawyer said that they have to apply for a rebuttal with a diffrent survey..
:confused:

Any Ideas!..

my skill set is vb,sql,asp,.net..pretty much Microsoft technologies..
Originally posted by justdoit
Congrats josrini!!

Labor tracker updated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Need help to access BCIS on-line

Hello computer guru

I cant access BCIS On-line tracking from my computer, it always have the following message. I have Internet explorer 5.5. Can any one help how to setup the computer.

Thanks

The page must be viewed with a high-security Web browser
The page you are trying to view requires the use of a Web browser configured for 128-bit encryption.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Upgrade your Web browser to the 128-bit version.
If your Web browser does support 128-bit encryption, or if you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please contact the Web site administrator by using the e-mail address or phone number listed on the egov.immigration.gov home page.
HTTP 403.5 - Forbidden: SSL 128 required
Internet Information Services

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Background:
The resource you are trying to access is secured with a 128-bit version of Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). In order to view this resource, you need a browser that supports this level of SSL.

More information:
Microsoft Support

You need the Internet Explorer 128-bit High Encryption Pack which is almost the standard now.

But IE 5.5 comes with High Encryption pack. From miscosoft site -

Note: Internet Explorer 5.5 includes 128-bit encryption. If you already have Internet Explorer 5.5 installed, you do not need to upgrade your browser with the Internet Explorer High Encryption Pack. If you are running Windows 2000, installing Internet Explorer 5.5 will not change the current level of encryption on your computer, you will need to install the Windows 2000 High Encryption Pack.

If you are running Windows 2000 OS - maybe you need to install
Windows 2000 High Encryption Pack. You can get it here -
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/downloads/recommended/encryption/

Its better to also update your browser to the latest version of IE - IE 6 SP1. You can get it here -
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/critical/ie6sp1/default.asp

Query Additional Infomation

Just for the Information/tracking purpose for this
forum pls update the tracking sheet

My Company informed me yesterday
That they have received a Query for Additional Information From NJ DOL (Its State not federal) they are

Position: Programmer Analyst
1) Re post the position and submit the results within 35 days
2) Raise the Wages, Prevailing wages is 78832 mine was 75000 .

My RD is OCT 24 2001
Query forAdditional Information around Sep 15 2003
Major Skill Sets Powerbuilder/Java /Sybase/Oracle

1st Query depends upon lawyer how he replys
2nd Query Employer has agreed to raise the Salary

If I receive any other News I will inform You guys

OCT2401GC

BCIS Now Prefers to be USCIS!

From murthy.com

BCIS Now Prefers to be USCIS!

Just when people may have thought they had memorized the names and acronyms of the various new governmental entities involved with immigration, there appears to be yet another change. The term "bureau" has been eliminated from the names of the various entities which, for reasons of their own, find it unsuitable. So now we have the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS or CIS), the Customs and Border Protection (CBP), and Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).

In the case of the former BCIS, it appears that the "B" was dropped, but "US" for United States has now been added. We have heard that the former BCIS is being referred to as "CIS" more often than "USCIS," but the latter term has started appearing on official information received from them. This change does not seem to have any substantive affect, as on filing fee checks, for example. Filing fees will be accepted at this time whether checks are made out to USCIS, BCIS, or DHS.

We hope that the matter of entities and their names has been resolved, so that attention can be focused on reducing backlogs and other more significant matters that directly impact businesses, families, and individuals undergoing the immigration process!

Status
Not open for further replies.