New Jersey SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
msd_gc,

I think that I missed your previous message( PM) .. Actually I asked a question.. But, there was no reply from you.

Question: Are you working for corporate (or) consulting company ?

Pls let me know. I may help you...

thanks..

PERM

Hi gc_labor_pain

I have sent u a PM (Private Message) .... anyway I work for a big company as an employee - not as a consultant. My employer applied for my LC in Jun 2001 in RIR - it was denied by DOL so my employer re-applied in Aug 2003 but this time in regular not RIR.

Please tell me how you can help me. Thanks :) :)

msd_gc

Guy,
Don't you think that if DOL rejects your application for RIR and you have to transfer to process as Regular, the priority date remains the same. In msd_gc's case, even though RIR is rejected can't he have his case to be Regular process with the priority date of June 2001??
This is what I think. I might be worng.

Pathik

I think you are right. If DOL rejects RIR case, it automatically falls into Regular - I dont think there is a need to even re-apply.

finally approved

Folks,
My labor was finally certified on Septermber 19, 2003.
Finally a long wait is over. I just want to thank all of you for contributing your experience. and hang in there. i know its a frustating wait but just hang in.
see u all soon in I-140/I-485 forum.

Good luck to all

Pathik

finally approved

Folks,
Finally a long wait is over. I just want to thank all of you for contributing your experience. and hang in there. i know its a frustating wait but just hang in.

Good luck to all

Pathik

I havenot got any PM beofre.
to which address that you have sent ? Never mind.

How about thoughts of pathikb and justdoit ? I also agree with them. Can you please check with your employer/lawyer regarding their thoughts ? After that , Let us know their repsonse ....we can definetely think about it for other ways.. Always there would be a way...

Thanks..

Re: finally approved

@pathikb,

Congrats!! How did you find out about the approval - one of the 212-337-xxxx numbers or through the lawyer?

Thanks,
Chandan

Originally posted by pathikb
Folks,

Good luck to all

Pathik

Re: Re: finally approved

I checked through the AVM and my lawyer just called up. He just recieved the certified labor in the mail.

Originally posted by ck510
@pathikb,

Congrats!! How did you find out about the approval - one of the 212-337-xxxx numbers or through the lawyer?

Thanks,
Chandan

Congrats pathikb!
Finally an approval after a long time. hope everyone with PD's in Sep, Oct come up with the good news soon.

yup.. i've also seen 212-337-2184 and 212-337-2185 as well. However, they seem to be 'moody' and are only up sometimes. After reading pathib's reply today, I checked my status via the AVM (2193) which was thankfully working..

What I also realized is that there is some delay from the date that the case is forwarded to Regional DOL to when they actually "receive" it (e.g. my case was forwarded on '07/28/03' but 'received' on '09/03/03'). I guess the receipt date is when they actually open and log the case. Now I understand why AVM didn't seem to be updated during August (regarding my case)...

(Sorry, just needed to vent)

thanks a lot CK510 !!!

If I use 2193 then what are the options that i need to follow ?

could u please ..

By the way, do you hear information on your case ??

thanks..

Well, I chose "Permanent Labor Certification" first and then by "Employer phone number". I think the state and regional case numbers are different, and I didn't know my regional case number.

I search by Employer phone number as I work for a small firm and I know that I am the only applicant/beneficiary, so any resulting information would be related to my case. I'm not sure if this would be helpful if one works for a larger firm with multiple pending applications.

The AVM just mentioned that they had received my case on Sept 3, 2003, and nothing else. Good news is that the AVM finally acknowledged that I existed ;), and bad news is that they're still painfully slow...

CK510,
I had a similar experience as you. My case was forwarded from NJ to NY on August 5, 2003. But till September 9, 2003, the AVM said "the case could not be found" So that was whole month. When I spoke to my lawyer, he found out that the computer system at NY was down, so they were not updating. so thats the thing. till yesterday the AVM was not working and when I checked today it said the case has been certified on September 19, 2003. So to summarize, I don't think NY is updating their AVM daily and secondly, there might be a problem with the phone system.

gc_labor_pain,
212-337-2184 and 212-337-2185 - if u try these numbers, it connects to a live operator who can check on ur case. but the chances are u would find someone attending the phone 1 out of 10. so just try.

good luck

Originally posted by ck510
yup.. i've also seen 212-337-2184 and 212-337-2185 as well. However, they seem to be 'moody' and are only up sometimes. After reading pathib's reply today, I checked my status via the AVM (2193) which was thankfully working..

What I also realized is that there is some delay from the date that the case is forwarded to Regional DOL to when they actually "receive" it (e.g. my case was forwarded on '07/28/03' but 'received' on '09/03/03'). I guess the receipt date is when they actually open and log the case. Now I understand why AVM didn't seem to be updated during August (regarding my case)...

(Sorry, just needed to vent)

Status
Not open for further replies.