New Jersey SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Application for Labor Certification was forwarded to the U.S. Department of Labor on 09/18/2003. I wish every body on this forum good luck.

Here are the details

MailDate : 10/05/2001
PD/ReceptDate: 10/09/2001
Forwared to NY DOL: 09/18/2003

inferno congratulations!!!

Hi guys,
Anyone heard anything , what happening in NJ SESA??
from last 1 to 1.5 month look nothing is happening???

Finally Got Approval After 25 Months

Hi Friends,

I got my labor cleared yesterday.

Here are i am sharing my experience.

Applied : 08-27-2001 :)

Waiting...Waiting...Waiting...:( :confused:

Got NOF/RFE from NJ State DOL between 07-20-2003 and 07-30-2003(Don't know exact date)

NOF/RFE Details:
1.Employment(whether i am still with the same company or not)
2.Readvertisement(because so many people are available with the skill set i have applied)

NOF/RFE Replied on 08-08-2003.

Moved to NY DOL on 08-13-2003

Once it has moved to NY DOL i tired to check the AVM at 212-337-2193 using employer phone number.
But it doesn't helped. I think they are not updating correctly.

Approved on 09-29-2003 :) :) :)

Here i am updating the excel and attaching.

Keep faith in God, Every one gets their turn.

"Intejaar Ka Phal Meetha Hota Hai"

Good luck and see you in next step.

Thanks to the people who are maintaining this forum.
This forum is very helpful and informative.
Keep up the good work guys.

question

Hi friends,
I am writing this quesiton on behalf of my husband.

My six years of H1 is expiring in 28 Mar'04. I would like to know how early/late we can apply for the 7th year extension? My wife will be visiting India for 2 months (Dec'03 & Jan'04), so we are not sure whether to apply for the extension before she leaves to India or after she comes back in Jan'04 (or) apply the H4 for her separately. Any suggestions?
(Also heard that we have to file for the extension with latest I-94)

Thanks
2002labor

kishoreup - Question ??

kishoreup
Thanks for updation. Congrats on approval. Can you please tell me how you replied. I have the exact same 2 queries and have rebutted the case but I am not sure what will happen. Can you guide what your attorney suggested. It will truely help others who are getting queries.

Thank Q

2002labor, INS (USCIS) is taking 4+ months nowadays for H1B xtension - So, I think you should plan on applying within the next month so that you can get a approval before your current H1B expiration. Its better to be on the safer side.

How does your wife's travel come in the way of this H1 extension. You dont have to be present in the country while your H1 extension process is going on. As far she is coming back by Mar'04 (her current visa deadline) - she wont have any problems travelling. Am I not thinking right? What are you real concerns regarding travel and H1b extension happening at the same time?

2002labor and justdoit ,

I don' t think that we can apply for H1B ext prior to 90 days before. please check with your lawyer.

Thanks..

Thank you vvlabor.
Actually what my lawyer(he is my company lawyer) did was, he got a recent employmnet letter for employment verification.
For the skill sets, he wanted me get more job responsibilities with skills what you have at the time of applying labor certification(they are not counting the skills you have learned from past 2 years after applying labor)so that he can prepare strong argument with those responsiblites.
And for readvertisement, i think they used an existing ad which i running from past 2-3 months from my employer with same skill sets.
If no ad is running, i think we have to post new advertisement.
I am not much aware of legal things.
Just started learning the legal things there is a long journey ahead to get GC.
I hope above information helps you for you NOF/RFE.
Best of luck.

Re: question

Originally posted by 2002labor
Hi friends,
I am writing this quesiton on behalf of my husband.

My six years of H1 is expiring in 28 Mar'04. I would like to know how early/late we can apply for the 7th year extension? My wife will be visiting India for 2 months (Dec'03 & Jan'04), so we are not sure whether to apply for the extension before she leaves to India or after she comes back in Jan'04 (or) apply the H4 for her separately. Any suggestions?
(Also heard that we have to file for the extension with latest I-94)

Thanks
2002labor

I was in the same situation. My 6yr limit was 4/3/3. My wife went to India on 1/7/3 and came back on 3/28/3. My lawyer prepared everything for h1 and h4 extension in to seventh year. As soon as she came back, I faxed my lawyer the new i-94 and they applied on the same day. 3/30 I guess. Mi ne got approve in May'03.

they will apply for h1 and h4 at the same time. and they need latest I-94.

Good luck.

do you have to apply for h4 xtension just like you apply for h1 xtension ? I have never done that.. I just xfer my h1. Whenever we goto india, my wife takes my h1 and goes to the consulate to obtain a new h4 stamp. I never applied for h4 xfer.

Originally posted by justdoit
do you have to apply for h4 xtension just like you apply for h1 xtension ? I have never done that.. I just xfer my h1. Whenever we goto india, my wife takes my h1 and goes to the consulate to obtain a new h4 stamp. I never applied for h4 xfer.

As per law, when you have H4 on based on H1, all h4 should be applied along with H1. My company does not charge me for either of H's. Some lawyers do not care for H4. But big companies like mine they take every aspect in to consideration.

thanks

hi friends,
Thanks for the reply.

Nj-dec-2001:Do u think is it safe to apply for visa extension just 1 week before the expiration date?

Is it ok if we apply 1 month earlier of the expiration?

Thanks
2002labor

Thanks for the reply. I have never applied for h4 xtension.
I have always gone to the consulate with new h1 and they would give the h4 stamp with same validity as h1.

kirsh23574

Kirsh23574,

No to your question. My Attorney will let me know when any correspondance taking place. I will inform to all of you if any activity take place.

Thanks

technically you cannot do that. Per the knowledge that I have, if your wife's visas are expiring and if she is in US then you have to apply for her extension. or else she is considered to be out of status if she is in US.

Originally posted by justdoit
Thanks for the reply. I have never applied for h4 xtension.
I have always gone to the consulate with new h1 and they would give the h4 stamp with same validity as h1.

njlabor2001 ,

I checked my case DOL's AVM using Employer's phone #, it says no records found. If you know the employer's phone #, you can check your status by dialing
212-337-2193 and select option '1' and then '2' and enter your employer's phone #. It may give you status..

Re: thanks

I am not sure you can apply much before than 60days. You can apply even 1 days before. As long as its applied before expiration .... it's all OK.

Originally posted by 2002labor
hi friends,
Thanks for the reply.

Nj-dec-2001:Do u think is it safe to apply for visa extension just 1 week before the expiration date?

Is it ok if we apply 1 month earlier of the expiration?

Thanks
2002labor

Status
Not open for further replies.