New Jersey SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
To all NJDOL applicants,

I called my attorney again, they will send a letter to NJDOL for inquiry. I will post the updates.

I would suggest to all please call your attorney and ask them about your case at NJDOL. We all must know why cases are held for last three months, so that we can plan ahead.

Thanks

NJ Driving license

My 6 years in H1-B is expiring end of january 2004. I have applied for my 7th year extension (received by BCIS : dec 8th) as i have applied for green card in sept 2002.

State of NJ has my driving license suspended after H1 is expiring, so have to go to DMV to extend my driving privilege. I have the EAC # for my H1 applied but what other documents i have to show to DMV so that they extend my license ???

Anyone has gone thru this scenario ???

My wife's lic was suspended on Sept 30, 2003 since her current h1 expired on Sept 30, 2003. Her h1-b transfer is in progress. It was applied on Apr 11, 2003 - its been 8 months and still no reply from INS.

Anyways, NJ DMV rejected our plea for xtension of Driving lic. They need to see your approved I-797 petition inorder to extend your driving priviliges.

If you have have the receipt of application notice from INS, then that may be helpful. Generally, on the receipt of application notice, its mentioned that INS may take 90-120 days to give a verdict on the application. NJ DMV will issue a xtension upto 120 days since the day the application was filed.

For example, as you mentioned your application was received by INS on Dec 8, 2003. If I assume that on the receipt you received from INS, its mentioned that we may take 90-120 days to reply to this case - NJ DMV will extend your lic upto (Dec 8 +120 days) April 8, 2004. Thats all you can get.

I have tried several times to get an extension for my wife lic at NJ DMV, they just dont care, if you dont have a I797 approval or fall under the xtra 120 day provision that I explained above even though INS takes 8 months and still doesnt deliver a result.

Note: You need to show the official document from INS which lists the EAC# to get xtension.

Question for you GC4Ever:
When you applied for 7th year xtension, what proof did you submit to make INS believe that you have filed for GC in sep 2002. Since NJ SESA doesnt give any receipt back to prove that your application was filed.

GC4Ever
Do they see H1B at the time of renewal. I think I should be prepared for that as well. Thanks to bring this issue here.

H1 7th Year extension

Thanks Justdoit. I was gonna go to the DMV without the receipt, now i think its a better idea to wait till i get the receipt in hand. They will extend the license from date of reciept to 120 days but after that ???

What if BCIS takes time and does not give answers by 120 days and my license expires ??? can i drive with a suspended license ??? i find that very ridiculous but i guess it wont make any different to NJ DMV.

My lawyer filed 7th year extension i dont know whether they asked SESA for some documentation for my labor application. Will let you know if i that find out.

I would suggest any1 applying for 7 th yr extension and has a license in NJ, apply as early as you can so that you dont have to go through the pain of visiting DMV again n again and arguing with immigration officials.

Assur, The last time i went for my license, they asked for H1 notice.

justdoit, If its 8 months since ur wife's H1-B is applied, i think its high time your lawyer talks to BCIS. They would atleast clarify on whats happening for 8 months on a H1-B re-validation and would surely get an answer on where exactly the petition is stuck.

hi guys,
eventhough i am from NY thread..im going thru your thread..
GC4ever..as per justdoit ..its correct that you have to show the proof they filed your case..for 7th year extension..
your attoney/lawyer may provide some documets regarding that one..
and call you attoney/lawyer and askd what's happening..its already 8 moths..so its better ask...

dont worry NJ DMV will renewal your license for 120 days...

My wife has been constantly behind the lawyers to find out something more about the case that has been pending since 8 months. But you may know that INS has created something called the National Service Center for all INS related queries. But the National Service Center is really useless. You are not given phone numbers to the direct processing center - in our case the Vermont Center. And all communication is written/postal. No phone calls.
And you have to wait minimum 30 days after you file a written query to expect an answer back. But I have not received any reply even after waiting 30 days. Its like a dead end. JUST WAIT until they reply.

As per the DMV, as i said earlier, they really dont care. They need a original piece of paper from INS that states a future date as a valid date. My wife has not been driving since Sep 30th and I have been dropping her since Nov 1.

If you can find out what documents are necessary to get the 7th yr xtension and post here - that would be great. Mainly, how do you prove that your GC has been filed; since NJ SESA does not give any receipt. So, we have no proof of filing labor application.

7th year extension.

I already got first 7th year extension. And my company is planning for 8th year exntesion. I have already submitted the paper work and think the attorney should be filing the 8th soon..

As I heard from the attorney, they will send the copy of labor filing, and the Fedex/ups receipt along with it...

means nj-dec-2001...did you filed from NJ state or NY state
becoz now NJ is in Nov 2001 for RIR...

my case filed in NY city in aug 2001 and i already got my 7th year extension...mine until 2005 aug...
hope before that our NY got labor cleared..mine is RIR/EB2..

Mine is the Graden State (NJ)...
Labor applied 12/14/2001. RIR/EB3
Got 7th year ext in 05/03 (applied 03/28/03)
Applying 8th ... soon.

7 th Year extension

justdoit : Got a confirmation from my lawyer that they sent a "certified receipt from the DOL" with my 7th year extension.

Labor Update

Hi Guys,
I am following this forum for some time. let me share some information with u guys.
My labor application date was 12/26/2001 as Application programmer in RIR.
Recieved query about prevailing wages and internal posting two-three weeks ago (Approximately) and my employer is going to match the prevailing wages and posted job in our office and going to respond back to the lawyer by monday with the results ( which at this time is "NO one applied for the post in our office"). Lawyer has to submit the answer back to NJDOL by 01/06/2004.
Hoppefully everything goes smoothly hereafter.
Good luck to every one.

2001_Labor

Thanks 2001_Labor, your posting is a relief to us, at least NJDOL is working. I assume some officers are still working on November cases.

Thanks

What should we assume, prior to 12/26/2001 has got through for next level? or is it a random picking from the cases?

well - I guess anything could be true. May be they randomly picked or may be they got through. you never know.

But looking at our tracker - we still see quite a few ppl from Nov 01 waiting for NJ SESA. So, I am not sure whats going on.

certified receipt

I am guessing the receipt of application delivered to NJ SESA.

Originally posted by justdoit
GC4Ever:
'Certified receipt' from DOL or NJ SESA? and what is a 'Certified Receipt' ?

Status
Not open for further replies.