Re: approvals

Two of my co-workers cases' have been moved from NJ SESA to NY DOL
Here are there details

Mailed Date:11/02/01
NJ receipt Date 11/08/01
SESA forwarded to NY on 09/23/03
received/entered in NYDOL on 10/09/03

Originally posted by GC4Ever
Any nov approvals, its been a while since SESA has approved cases for nov 01.

Last edited by a moderator:
at last

its finally over my company received my labor certification papers last wednesday(10/22) I will be applying for my I-140/485 tomorrow.

All the best for you guys I know it suckz to hang in their but u got to do it.

Regards.

not an expert

thanks pain_labor....... I am sure even if every thing is right you may a get a query but according to my lawyer it is better to apply for I140/485 instead of going for CP his argument is if they find something wrong in your paper work it is better to go through a lawyer instead of the interview at the embassy, also if you apply I-140/485 you will be applying for travel documents and EAD which will give you lot of independence which obviously your company does'nt want have it hope that helps..

Guys just a small advice once the AVM at NY DOL says it is certified get on with your medicals as it may take sometime for that process also get 8 photos and if you had prior experience get a letter from your boss/co-worker hope this info helps.

Regards.

approvals ???

gc_labor_pain, mailgc2001, NJlabor2001, jpanchal, yabadoo any updates regardging SESA approvals ???? not many approvals from SESA this month.

Checking Status by Email.

longback, I read and stored this info. But When I sent email, I didn't any response at all. Is this working? Please post your experience if any one tried.

Thanks in advance.

DOL Regions Case Status Check
Tone Talker/E-Mail Request
Boston 617-565-2191/ lcstatus01@doleta.gov <mailto:lcstatus01@doleta.gov>
NY 212-337-2193/ lcstatus02@doleta.gov <mailto:lcstatus02@doleta.gov>
Phily 215-596-5033/ lcstatus03@doleta.gov <mailto:lcstatus03@doleta.gov> **
Atlanta 404-562-2131/ lcstatus04@doleta.gov <mailto:lcstatus04@doleta.gov>
Chicago 312-353-1059/ lcstatus05@doleta.gov <mailto:lcstatus05@doleta.gov>
Dallas 214-767-4975/ lcstatus06@doleta.gov <mailto:lcstatus06@doleta.gov>
KC 816-426-3880/ lcstatus07@doleta.gov <mailto:lcstatus07@doleta.gov>
Denver 303-844-1674/ lcstatus08@doleta.gov <mailto:lcstatus08@doleta.gov>
SF 415-975-4617/ lcstatus09@doleta.gov <mailto:lcstatus09@doleta.gov>
Seattle None/ lcstatus10@doleta.gov <mailto:lcstatus10@doleta.gov>

For e-mail checking, the status can be checked using one of three numbers: (It is underlined here for emphasis. People should not underline in typing in the body of the message!)

(1) Employer Tel #. In the body of the message, please type Employer Phone (555)XXX-XXXX (employer phone number) and send;

(2) Employer Tax ID#. In the body of the message, please type Tax ID XX-XXXXXX (employer tax id number) and send;

(3) LC Case #. In the body of the message, please type Case XXXXX (your case number) and send. Only one case at a time will be accepted.

* Status report will be e-mailed back to you almost instantly.

GC4Ever, Krish23574

Nothing yet....still waiting...it has been a real slow month and as holidays approches, god knows what is going to happen. i don't think NJ-Sesa is putting any effort to catchup with the back log. When all the other states are doing much better than us, we unlucky njit's are not even in the position to make an educated guess........frustrating....

The email at NY-DOL is not functional (unless someone had a different experience) and they don't update their AVM on a regular basis...therefore, there is no easy way to find the status of your case..has anybody tried calling 212-337-2185?

Gurus,

Can any one answer for below questions.
I will appreciate all of your help.

thanks.

Q1) Can any one extend their H1 to 7th year extension by using some one else labor certification?

Q2) If you use some LC and File i140 and 485 can you Extend H1B for Seventh Year??

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes for both questions.

One can extend to 7th year as long as that LC is approved and held by the employer - Employer has to convince the DOL that the qualifications and requirements for the LC are same as the person who is getting an extensions - remember LC is on a position and H1B is for a individual - they can mix and match as long as above requirements are met.

==========================

Gurus,

Can any one answer for below questions.
I will appreciate all of your help.

thanks.

Q1) Can any one extend their H1 to 7th year extension by using some one else labor certification?

Q2) If you use some LC and File i140 and 485 can you Extend H1B for Seventh Year??

Re: AVM Update

and even after that clears, we are stuck in NY Federal DOL - my case was forwarded to NY on july 28, received sept 3, and i'm still waiting..

your name is very apt - GC [takes] 4 Ever!!

Originally posted by GC4Ever
As of nov 1st 2003, NJ SESA is still processing nov '01 cases :(

ck510, I have a reference case #, it was recived on 10/03/2003 at DOL got cleared on 10/28/2003. I was thinking it is two three weeks. Did you check it at 212 337 2193 right?

One question?

I require your expertice..

I think i will be getting my labor by the end of this year..
after me applying the 140/485..can i work on a diffrent companys H1 and still continue the process with the company i have been working with for all these years!..

As they are running out of revenue they might let me go!..
in that case they say they are willing to continue my GC..

will it be possible:confused:

Can any one advice me regarding this..
you can contact me via email also jegadish_kumar@yahoo.com

i appreiciate your resposne..

yup..212-337-2193.. I did notice that this was happening. I assumed it was because my case was EB3 + DOT description of S/W Engr, and maybe there were many cases in that queue. Or maybe that that particular case manager is sitting on it ...

Originally posted by krish23574
ck510, I have a reference case #, it was recived on 10/03/2003 at DOL got cleared on 10/28/2003. I was thinking it is two three weeks. Did you check it at 212 337 2193 right?

Re: One question?

Welcome to the club, jack76

The exact same story has happened with me i.e. labor getting approved, but company is running out of revenues and has to let a few people go, including me. I have only one more week to go here.. have been looking for a job for 3+ weeks, but nothing happened so far.. I would recommend you start looking asap..

and to answer your question specifically, yes the firm can continue to process your GC as it is for a future job. you can use an H1 from another firm in the interim while your EAD comes. I will be doing the exact same thing, as my company is also continuing to process my GC...

Originally posted by jack76
I require your expertice..

I think i will be getting my labor by the end of this year..
after me applying the 140/485..can i work on a diffrent companys H1 and still continue the process with the company i have been working with for all these years!..

As they are running out of revenue they might let me go!..
in that case they say they are willing to continue my GC..

will it be possible:confused:

Can any one advice me regarding this..
you can contact me via email also jegadish_kumar@yahoo.com

i appreiciate your resposne..

gc_labor_pain, mailgc2001

If you guys haven't got any news from SESA so far, are you planning to send an inquiry on your status via your lawyer/Company? Or you have already done so... please let us know.....
Waiting...........

Question

Hi,
I have been reading this forum for a while............i should say u guys are doing good by keeping this forum going...............
I need some information about the LC and h1B and i am running out of time for my 6 yrs for H1B soon and my wife is on H4. My LC is pending for almost 2 yrs now. My question is if i find a company who has approved lc and apply H1b for my wife for that company to use that LC for my wife. Can we both eligible for applying for I-140/485 concurrently ? I am sure how it works ?
Gurus, please enlighten me. I really appreciate your responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.