New Jersey SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re: One question?

Thanks ck510
It just happened that nov 15 is my last day with my company..
they are also marketing me ..infact i havent got my labor
there was a NOF and it was replied on Oct 20..so how long do u think that i will get a reply back..i am very greatful to you for taking time to answer my questions..

best of luck for your job serarch..
Any info reagarding the NOF will be useful..it was for the existing salary..

Originally posted by ck510
Welcome to the club, jack76

The exact same story has happened with me i.e. labor getting approved, but company is running out of revenues and has to let a few people go, including me. I have only one more week to go here.. have been looking for a job for 3+ weeks, but nothing happened so far.. I would recommend you start looking asap..

and to answer your question specifically, yes the firm can continue to process your GC as it is for a future job. you can use an H1 from another firm in the interim while your EAD comes. I will be doing the exact same thing, as my company is also continuing to process my GC...

jack76,

maybe we should go out and party one last time after work on Nov 14th! :)

I had an NOF from NJ SESA as well, but it was something minor - my great lawyer had forgotten to include the Tax ID on the application. My case got approved approx 15 days later. Your case is slightly different, but I am assuming that if your lawyer + company answered the query properly, then you should expect it in a similar time frame. Irrespective of when it comes, your labor/140/485 etc can go on even if you are not there.

I am a little confused when you say that nov 15 is your last day and that ur co. is also "marketing" you - what happens after nov 15? paychecks stop, but you stay with the same company until they find you another project? or something else?

One piece of advice: If you have to transfer your H1 to another company, then take unpaid leave "officially" and delay your Nov 15th paycheck (so you would have been on unpaid leave from nov 1 to 15 even if you goto work). I think you can delay it for atleast a month or so. Take the paycheck when you need to file for H1 transfer from company B - so that you have a recent paycheck in hand at the time of transfer. (If I have gotten confused, and misunderstood your case, then please ignore).

Good luck!

CK510,
Form ETA750 does not ask for employer tax-ID. There is no space alloted for that info. Could you please comment/clarify....

Yes you are right. But it seems that the lawyer is supposed to include it in parentheses after the name of the company, or so I am told. Friends mentioned that their lawyers did it by default. It may be because my firm is a small one (~20 employees) and so not very well-known. NJ SESA forwarded it to NY DOL after the lawyer responded accordingly.

Originally posted by jpanchal
CK510,
Form ETA750 does not ask for employer tax-ID. There is no space alloted for that info. Could you please comment/clarify....

Backlog reduction centers in PA and TX

Hi Guys,

If anybody have noticied the recent newletter from Murthy, there is an indication of a new backlog reduction centers opening in PA and TX. I was wondering if this could affect NJ also. Can all of us investigate to find more into this stuff???

Re: Backlog reduction centers in PA and TX

Here is all the info:

http://wdsc.doleta.gov/sga/rfp.asp

It will mostly affect NJ, although I have a feeling (and hope...sorry guys) that they will address NY first.

I have also posted summary info in the New York labor thread if you don't want to read all the docs.

Originally posted by kr2002
Hi Guys,

If anybody have noticied the recent newletter from Murthy, there is an indication of a new backlog reduction centers opening in PA and TX. I was wondering if this could affect NJ also. Can all of us investigate to find more into this stuff???

What makes you say it will mostly affect NJ or NY?

....The Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (DOL/ETA) is soliciting proposals to select a contractor to provide operations support to ETA's Division of Foreign Labor Certification....

It doesnt state anything about which states wil be provided with this service.

This does not tell anything about approving cases. They are doing a dry run analysis, for implementing PERM regulation, which might be around mid to end of next year. So no way to expect any improvements in approval of cases. They are just spending more money in learning how to process faster. Simple as it is, they dont seem to reaslize that they need to "Use the money and put more people to process the applications"

Hi ck510

One good news..i got my labor today..
what i meant is my consulting company is also looking for a job for me..if they could not get me a job then i have to get a job some where ..but my h1 expires on march..if i get my EAD may be before march i will be fine i guess..:mad:

I am not sure if i am making sense..Please correct me if i am wrong..
If i get my ead can i go to a diffrent company..is 180 rule enforsed very strictly

any ways around it..

Originally posted by ck510
jack76,

maybe we should go out and party one last time after work on Nov 14th! :)

I had an NOF from NJ SESA as well, but it was something minor - my great lawyer had forgotten to include the Tax ID on the application. My case got approved approx 15 days later. Your case is slightly different, but I am assuming that if your lawyer + company answered the query properly, then you should expect it in a similar time frame. Irrespective of when it comes, your labor/140/485 etc can go on even if you are not there.

I am a little confused when you say that nov 15 is your last day and that ur co. is also "marketing" you - what happens after nov 15? paychecks stop, but you stay with the same company until they find you another project? or something else?

One piece of advice: If you have to transfer your H1 to another company, then take unpaid leave "officially" and delay your Nov 15th paycheck (so you would have been on unpaid leave from nov 1 to 15 even if you goto work). I think you can delay it for atleast a month or so. Take the paycheck when you need to file for H1 transfer from company B - so that you have a recent paycheck in hand at the time of transfer. (If I have gotten confused, and misunderstood your case, then please ignore).

Good luck!
:mad: :mad: :mad: :) :) :) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry...

I meant to say it will most likely affect NJ...

You are right they are not saying which states will get picked, the only thing that it does say...in the questions posted by the companies responding was that they would need to process in order of date received. This would make me assume that they will take the oldest cases first i.e. NY.

Originally posted by justdoit
What makes you say it will mostly affect NJ or NY?

....The Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (DOL/ETA) is soliciting proposals to select a contractor to provide operations support to ETA's Division of Foreign Labor Certification....

It doesnt state anything about which states wil be provided with this service.

Congrats jack76!

(I assume your NJ SESA Labor is approved?)

And your questions did make sense :).

Unfortunately, just getting the EAD is not good enough - we have to use the 180-day portability rule (esp. as INS/USCIS is very strict nowadays). Ideally, you are supposed to use the 180-day rule after your I-140 is cleared. So, under current circumstances,where you would file 140 & 485 concurrently, you would have to wait until your 140 is cleared. As the I-140 itself takes about a year, you can use the portability rule as soon as I-140 clears, as you would have spent >180 days on your 485. So you may not be able to use your EAD in March.

However, there may be a way out. Read this thread:

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?threadid=101232

Either way, a minimum 6-month waiting period is mandatory from the I-485 filing date. So If you don't get something by Jan through your current company, then start looking elsewhere. Also, your current company should agree to file for an H1-extension for you if you pay for the fees. However, the market seems to be improving, and you should get something soon.

If you want to tell me/us your skill set, then I can keep an eye open for any opportunities. I am actively looking and get requirements for skillsets which don't match mine. If they match yours, I can easily forward them to you.

Originally posted by jack76
Hi ck510

One good news..i got my labor today..
what i meant is my consulting company is also looking for a job for me..if they could not get me a job then i have to get a job some where ..but my h1 expires on march..if i get my EAD may be before march i will be fine i guess..:mad:

I am not sure if i am making sense..Please correct me if i am wrong..
If i get my ead can i go to a diffrent company..is 180 rule enforsed very strictly

any ways around it..

:mad: :mad: :mad: :) :) :) :)

request

One of co-worker got a NOF in federal regarding wages ..

My lawyer told him that they can not use Company 401k and helath benifits as part of wages ? he is really worried about NOF.
he does not have any idea what to do as we are working for a corporate company. I read some time ago in this site that we can use 401k and helath benifits as wages. could you please suggest us.

I am really scared about myself too. I have not heard anything from lawyer yet regarding my state labor too..

we are really confused ..
please help us. we would appreciate your help.

Thnaks.

I had a query on my labor

My labor was filed in Oct 2001. In 2003 October my attorney called and told they had a query on my labor. They replied it in October itself. Any idea, how many days it will take to approve ?

Address Change...

This is a simple question...folks...and also sorry if I deviated from the other important questions...
But if you move -address change-ofcourse you have to submit the Form AR-11 to the USCIS...however is there anything you have to intimate to the DOL or the NJ SESA....
my labor application is pending at the NJ SESA for now.....should I write a letter to them..
or is it even necessary and the Approval is anyway sent to the lawyers..and the new address can be filled in when filing the I-140...

No need to inform the DOL

The Labor Certification is the Company's application and you are merely the "Beneficiary". The approved LC would go to your attorney's office.

I hope that helps. Pls note usual disclosures apply - i.e. I am not an attorney, and free advice is worth just that!!

Good Luck

Re: request

Assur, any response from you about the below question?
Btw, did u get LC cleared yet?

Originally posted by gc_labor_pain
One of co-worker got a NOF in federal regarding wages ..

My lawyer told him that they can not use Company 401k and helath benifits as part of wages ? he is really worried about NOF.
he does not have any idea what to do as we are working for a corporate company. I read some time ago in this site that we can use 401k and helath benifits as wages. could you please suggest us.

I am really scared about myself too. I have not heard anything from lawyer yet regarding my state labor too..

we are really confused ..
please help us. we would appreciate your help.

Thnaks.

approvals

i guess NJ SESA has stopped approving cases no approvals since a couple of weeks except the one for jack76.

Status
Not open for further replies.