New Jersey SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
chill out

gc_labour_pain,

Well said - we need keep our calm and stay relaxed as much as possible.
Moreover - if the US gov decides to send all H1 holders(specially those who do not have their GCs) back to where they came from - can we help in any way - we will have to go back home - no matter what - so what is point of cribbing over something which has not actually happened and spoil the day that we are in the US. Let us all enjoy our presence here
Thanks

No approvals....!

Friends,
Can any one tell me what is the reason for not issuing the GC approvals for those who got FINGER PRINTED 2 years ago...????.
Has anyone heard about the approvals since last 6 months?.

Gottaget,

Lets just worry about the LC stage right now.

After that we will have lots of time , probably 2 years, to worry
about the final approval :(

No point in bothering about the time to harvest,
when we have not even labored to sow the seeds.

Gottaget

I believe we all just concentrating on Labor Approvals/ rejections/problems/issues/clarifications for now. I think it’s early to talk about I-140/I-485 etc...

What do you say Guru's ??

thanks..

Gottaget,

I agree with labor2001 !!!!! Please talk about real stuff... Please don't make people to loose interest on this forum.

Gurus, please correct me if i am wrong.

thanks.

KR2002

Originally posted by kr2002
there is nothing to move on. It is just sit and wait for someone to drag us forward.

Sounds like, KR2002 is digesting the issue well.
Some onw, May be JESUS (as we are in USA) has to move us forward.

Allelooya....! Aamen. (I dont know what these words mean)

I don't mean that some one lose their interest........Its like a debate. Take a deep breath and forget the past.

well forgetting is not so easy , since we keep recieving the notifications from this forum :)
And more over start this Oct , they will start working on H1B cases which will furthur slow down!!! Lets hope that NJ will show that it is better than Atlanta in the speed with which they process the case. :rolleyes:

Help With Codes

Hi Friends, I was checking my status on DOL website. Can any one please tell me what is mean from code "C" and code "A" in section Subsection , also in approval_status what is mean from code "C" & code "D" . Please let me know.
thanks!
Jo

Cancellation of H1-B's

1. Efforts to Eliminate the H1B Program Not Likely to Succeed

We at The Law Office of Sheela Murthy, P.C. wish to address a growing concern in the immigrant community. Representative Thomas Tancredo's newest bill, H.R. 2688, introduced on July 9, 2003, seeks to eliminate the H1B program. It is highly unlikely that this bill will ever gather enough support to become law. Each year, many anti-immigration bills are introduced, but with a pro-Republican Congress, sensitive to the needs of businesses, and a President who wishes to maintain a strong and friendly relationship with Mexico, such bills are not likely to succeed, except in spreading anxiety and churning the rumor mill at the speed of the Internet!

History of H.R. 2688

Last year, Representative Tancredo introduced H.R. 3222, a bill that would have permanently capped the H1B program at 65,000 and provided for a reduction in H1Bs available whenever the U.S. unemployment rate exceeded 6 percent. This measure did not obtain any co-sponsors and never passed out of the subcommittee to which it was assigned.

Another bill, H.R. 946, was introduced earlier in the session. Its purpose is to affect a moratorium on immigration, including significant reductions in employment- and family-based immigration. Though H.R. 946 has 9 cosponsors, it has yet to pass out of committee, and many feel it will not do so.

Current Administration

The Bush Administration has repeatedly stated that it values the benefits brought to the U.S. by immigrants, and does not appear to share Representative Tancredo's misinformed views on immigration. Therefore, even if the bill were to somehow pass both the House and Senate, it is very unlikely that President Bush would sign it into law. If he vetoes the bill, Congress would have to override the President with a 2/3 vote. Far more than 1/3 of the members of Congress understand the benefits of immigration and would be unwilling to pass restrictionist measures such as H.R. 2688 or H.R. 946.

Conclusion

Though the restrictionist measures Representative Tancredo introduces are frightening to contemplate, it is the democratic process of our nation in action that no single member of Congress can simply will a bill into law. The U.S. is, after all, a nation of immigrants.

It is important that people, who strongly feel that such extreme bills should never be introduced, contact their Congressional representatives and lobby for the introduction of reasonable and favorable bills, such as earned adjustment, greater resources for BCIS, family unification, expanding the V visa eligibility for spouses of all permanent residents, and programs to attract foreign nurses and ease the critical U.S. shortage.

In addition to visiting our Legislation page <http://www.murthy.com/legislation.html>, MURTHYBULLETIN and MurthyDotCom readers can visit the AILA WebSite <http://www.aila.org> and click on the Contact Congress / Media Center link to find out what major immigration issues are afoot. Successful lobbying not only requires action against bills such as H.R. 2688, but also action in support of favorable legislation. By involving ourselves in the political process in this way, we embrace our role among leaders in the global community, attained through the dreams and hard work of all our citizens, whether American by birth or by choice.

© The Law Office of Sheela Murthy, P.C.

Any GC sponcerers??

I am in US from past 5 years working in SAP.
Any GC sponcerers. from below states:

New Hampshire
Maine
Vermont
West Virginia
IOWA

Thanks.

sudhkumar
ashvinkpatel
badabing
labor2001
Inferno
pathikb
bbb1974

Any of you any updates? Or has the DOL freaked out again?

Sucks.

What hell are they doing ?
Going on vacation with our tax payer's money without doing something for us ?
Stupid NJ.
Stupid government.

Status
Not open for further replies.