New Jersey SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Title

GooGaa,
Unfortunately, I found the following at www.murthy.com chat:

Chat User : Does LC approval seem difficult due to the World Trade Center attack?

Attorney Murthy : More than the WTC attack, I believe (based on discussions with Dept of Labor certification officers, speaking at various AILA Conferences, and meeting with DOL leaders), the soft economy, the layoffs by employers, etc. could create problems for LC approvals, particularly RIR approvals, since DOL believes there are fewer shortages in the U.S. economy.
------------------------------------------------------

Chat User : Do you think the recent tragedies will affect the DOL decisions in approving LC?

Attorney Murthy : More important than the recent tragedies in the LC context is the weak U.S. economy and the increasing number of unemployment claims that is making RIR cases more and more difficult. DOL,
b especially in states like NJ, is asking more questions and threatening to deny most RIR cases. Regular cases in NJ and some other states would take over 4 or 5 years!

---------------------------------------------------------------
Chat User : It is said that Labor Certification is becoming a "rare commodity" given the current economy. How bad is it in your opinion? What makes it easier or harder to get certified, especially for people in IT areas?

Attorney Murthy : Depends on the state and the unemployment rate. Mr. Panati in PA Region informed us in May 2001 that if unemployment was below 5% they would allow RIRs but not otherwise. NJ and CA are asking a lot of questions, with NY and others likely to follow.

----------------------------------------------------------------
So the processing might get slower. Good luck!

No Title

Thanks Marta,
I guess that is why the process has become so slow suddenly after sep 11.

No Title

I believe as soon as the economy picks up, the RIR processing will quickly follow regardless of 9/11.

But currently NJ sesa processing late april RIR cases.

Are they really processing cases. I didn\'t see any approvals from NJ SESA/ NY DOL from the past one and half month. My priority date is march 4 th and got the query and the answer was submitted more than 1 month back and then progress yet.

Filing Date Feb14 (RIR, NJ) - no response yet

My LC was filed on feb 14 (RIR) in NJ, but I haven\'t recd. a single response till today. The lawyer has tried to get in touch with the NJ SESA but they haven\'t got back for 2 weeks now. Are all feb cases clear? Or is anyone still waiting?

Feb 2nd, RIR EB3

My lawer contact NJ DOL and got a request for additional info just a few days ago......

How long did the DOL take to respond?

Thanks for the response. How long did it take for your lawyer to get a response from NJ DOL? My lawyer has been waiting for 2 weeks since he inquired with the DOL.

No request

My lawer told me that she was informed by NJ SESA that they were working on my case and additional info would be requested while calling them regarding my application. Then later on the SESA tald her they have everyting they need.......so all we have to do is to keep our fingurs crossed....Any idea how long will it take to physically process?

NJ EB2/RIR

Guys,
Please post any development in NJ SESA. It will be really useful. I filled my LC in NJ SESA on April 16. But till now no news. Anybody got approval for dates between end of March and begining of April. Please post.....
Thanks

No Title

better call your lawyer, and ask your case id and priority date. if they don\'t have it ask the lawyer to call sesa and get the case details. heard nj sesa approving april cases.

Labour Clearance

I sent my papers to NJ DOL for Green Card Labour clearance by June 20 2001. Can you please let me know how long it will take it for completion.

Thanks,
Sathiyamoorthy

Wake up NJ SESA...............

Come on NJ SESA, wake up now, its been real snail slow pace since August.
We all r dying to see some approvals from ur side.
My dear friends, lets pray together, its been a while that we heard
some good news about NJ Labor Approvals.

Cheers.

EB2/RIR in NJ Cancelled

Hi all beginning of this month, my HR dept got a letter from State Labor for my EB2/RIR processing applied in April 01, asking for pay raise and move my processing from RIR to regular. However 2 weeks back the company raised my salary and gave more proof as to why my case should be RIR. Just today we got a letter stating the raise is justified, but i still need to go for regular processing. I think its because of Sept 11 incidents and recent layoffs in the industry that is the cause of this cancellation. If i were you, i would be ready for anything. Its very unpredictable now!

No Title

Has your company done enough recruiting for your position?? If you did
you can challenge that decision. Anyway, it is not up to SESA to decide if it should be RIR, instead it should be the DOL.

No Title

batjoy,

you had said that SESA\'s letter said You have posted the position below prevailing wage and/or with restrictive requirements. If the employer does not wish to withdraw his waiver request, he may re-post the position as amended and submit a copy of the posting together with a signed and dated statement of the dates posted and the results.

Were there any restrictive requirements in the ad ? Or did you mention the salary in the ad ? They have clearly said that u need to re-post the position as amemded. Did you do that ?

Sept. 11 has nothing to do with this.. Its the weak job market and umemplyment rate that has caused a greater scrutiny now a days.

I guess if you go for regular processing it wont make such a big difference in the NJ sesa, but when you get to the NY DOL, it will be a big deal. RIR gets through in a month while regular would have to wait for a year and half.

Please update us on your case when there are any developments.

The ads were pretty restrictive

pika, the ads placed by my company were pretty restrictive. They did not specify salary requirements either. My lawyer spoke with the case manager yesterday at the SESA, she says its better to go the regular way if she has to recommend my application to the DOL. I guess we can\'t piss her off at this point but rather go with the conventional way. The only problem is with unemployment rate being so high, there will be so many applicants for the job in this conventional way.

No Title

batjoy,

just for my reference, could you tell me specifically what made your ads restrictive ? in case you dont want to post details here, plz email me @ pikachu1@rediffmail.com

I would really appreciate it.. BTW, RIR ads dont have to have salary specified in them.. Thats the good thing. So that when the SESA says to increase the salary, you just amend the ETA 750 and resubmit, without having to readvertise.

Status
Not open for further replies.