need to postpone interview but am abroad

sherbym

Registered Users (C)
hi!
can someone suggest what to do...
i am abroad for husbands treatment and will miss the citizenship interview.

how do I contact them from abroad. will the 1800 customer service number work?

is there any other way to postpone it.

my interview date had come before also but i postponed it so that it could be along with my husbands for whom i'm a caregiver ( he has disability). this is the 2nd time i'll be postponing my interview (first time for husband) as we are abroad for treatment. hope it wont be a problem.
any help will be much appreciated..am running short on time and very worried.

thanks

hi!
can someone suggest what to do...
i am abroad for husbands treatment and will miss the citizenship interview.

how do I contact them from abroad. will the 1800 customer service number work?

is there any other way to postpone it.

my interview date had come before also but i postponed it so that it could be along with my husbands for whom i'm a caregiver ( he has disability). this is the 2nd time i'll be postponing my interview (first time for husband) as we are abroad for treatment. hope it wont be a problem.
any help will be much appreciated..am running short on time and very worried.

thanks

Just write them a letter explaining the situation and include some evidence of his condition (at least a letter from his Doctor or hospital). Be careful not to break your continuous residence or your N-400 can be denied.

Send in your interview notice with the letter. Make a copy. How long have you been out? If it's been over 6 months, you'll possibly be breaking continuous residence, so keep medical receipts and doctor's notes to show it was due to a difficult circumstance.

Repetitive requests to reschedule your interview can lead to your application being placed on administrative hold.