Nebrasaka I-140 Excel Scanner ..

hey jaiganesh

Mine 2 is the same RD for I-140 ,

I had a question for you , did you apply for 140/485/ead/ap all on the same day , or 140 first and then 415/ead/ap ?

And is EAD and AP approved ? If so how long did they take to approve them ?

I applied 140 first , and then later in Jan applied for 485/ead/ap.

Tx.

dmun,

I applied 140 first on 20th Oct and then 485/AP/EAD on 12th Nov. My lawyer suggested me to do so.

My EAD and AP were approved on 8th Jan and 12th Jan respectively. I got them in mail by 15th Jan.

Thanks jaiganesh ,

I noticed that quiet many LIN040195xxxx cases are being approved which falls after LIN040135xxxx , which makes me wonder if these are all same day concurrent filers ( i mean same day 140/485/ead/ap ).

It looks like that bcos many of them with one file/package for the whole thing seems to be getting the attention rather than seperate dates for 140 and 485/ead/ap.

Any comments ......

Tx

dmun,

This is what I heard from an old friend. He says, if it is concurrent filing, the 140 is approved quickly. Now it looks like it is true.

See the statistics for 10/20, there are a total of 29 I-140 cases in which 6 were approved mostly in December and January. One got RFE in February. The rest 22 cases are not touched yet. I don't think all these cases are non-concurrent filers. The 6 approved cases may be of EB1 also. So I think the EB2/EB3 cases for 10/20 are not started yet.

~jaiganesh

Originally posted by dmun
Thanks jaiganesh ,

I noticed that quiet many LIN040195xxxx cases are being approved which falls after LIN040135xxxx , which makes me wonder if these are all same day concurrent filers ( i mean same day 140/485/ead/ap ).

It looks like that bcos many of them with one file/package for the whole thing seems to be getting the attention rather than seperate dates for 140 and 485/ead/ap.

Any comments ......

Tx

Dmun,

I dont think so dumn because i filed concurrently and mine is in th e range (040145xxxx) and mine didnt get approved either so i dont think it has to do anything with concurrent filing or same package filing.

Thanks,
adatla.

INS working is very unpredictable

adatla
I believe your dates are in 2003.
If you go through the various postings, you may find that October cases are also getting approved. Check whether yours' is in the list.

Since INS working is very unpredictable, nobody can predict with any confidence.

But if you are lucky, you should see your approval sometime very soon.

How the scanner works/what does it do?

Hi all

I have been following this forum for a while but i could not understand how the scanner works or what it does(how does it get the details of which LIN have been approved or when). Every now and then i see people saying they have run th scanner and list some LIN numbers along with their status details, i am confused as of how this works and what it actually does? can anyone briefly explain me this process ofcourse only if you guys have time or else please ignore this message.

Thanks,
Amit.

Re: How the scanner works/what does it do?

Pl check the postings 1 and 4 in this thread. You can understand.

Originally posted by adatla
Hi all

I have been following this forum for a while but i could not understand how the scanner works or what it does(how does it get the details of which LIN have been approved or when). Every now and then i see people saying they have run th scanner and list some LIN numbers along with their status details, i am confused as of how this works and what it actually does? can anyone briefly explain me this process ofcourse only if you guys have time or else please ignore this message.

Thanks,
Amit.

Re: IP Blocked

nelabor!

Did you try to renew your IP address? This might not work from your office, if you go through a firewall to external sites. But if you are at home, you can type 'ipconfig /release' and 'ipconfig /renew' from a command window. This would release your IP and hopefully give you another IP, which is not in the blocked list of BCIS.

Good luck.

Originally posted by nelabor
Hi All,

Even after 24 hours my IP has been blocked. Any thoughts why ?

Beyond my comprehension

Hello friends

my I-140(EB3) ND is Sep 5th 2003 . Not yet approved.

My friend same category with same date got his approval on Oct/5/2003.

What the hell.. .These people are worse than the people who work in Govt. Offices in third world countries.

:(

But if you are at home, you can type 'ipconfig /release' and 'ipconfig /renew' from a command window

I don't know what you will make of this but is that really needed? I mean there are so many people running the scanner nowadays and we are fairly getting an idea what the trend is like (or so we think :rolleyes: )
What is the big urgency to run these scans? Besides you never know with BCIS..they might put some really strong restrictions to the status checks as a result of these constant bombardment of web traffic.

Now, take this in the spirit and just try to understand what I am trying to convey. I wish a speedy approval for everyone but am not in favor of bombarding the website with scans so often. C'mon guys we are all professionals here. I admire the innovation of people who have come up with the idea of the scanner but please do not overuse and misuse it to the detriment of others.

Thank you and good luck.

Please realize---web traffic ...

I strongly agree "al_paso" comments. Some of you may be working in Network/Security related field like me, please note that they identify the IP address and locate your contact information through your ISP. So it's not advisable to run these scans especially you're looking status for others. Please realize that you're accessing data from the gov sites.

Originally posted by al_paso
I don't know what you will make of this but is that really needed? I mean there are so many people running the scanner nowadays and we are fairly getting an idea what the trend is like (or so we think :rolleyes: )
What is the big urgency to run these scans? Besides you never know with BCIS..they might put some really strong restrictions to the status checks as a result of these constant bombardment of web traffic.

Now, take this in the spirit and just try to understand what I am trying to convey. I wish a speedy approval for everyone but am not in favor of bombarding the website with scans so often. C'mon guys we are all professionals here. I admire the innovation of people who have come up with the idea of the scanner but please do not overuse and misuse it to the detriment of others.

Thank you and good luck.

Oh! Please!

Every good tool has its own vice. I completely agree that scanning the BCIS website thousands of times each day is a BAD idea. At the same time, how do we realize a bad threshold. Now, because INS blocks you at the 1000th attempt, is that the magic number?

The point is, where do we draw the line?

I am certainly not arguing that everyone should run their scan multiple times each day. What I am trying to say is, if we don't want to use this tool, why should we even look at this thread (named the "tracker").

I am all in for an approach like compiling all the month's cases into one sheet (like suggested in an earlier post). I had asked earlier if someone was interested in compiling the data for December. None replied, and so I am doing it by my own. Be assured, I will post that darned December sheet once I am done compiling all the dates. I do understand that there is no point in tracking December cases now. I am just setting myself up for future.

As for having the IP traced and monitored... Well. There is one valid point. But I wonder if they would spend their resources to find a person and butcher that wretched souls 140 application. The mere fact that they block the 1001st request from an IP proves that they anticipate such an attack.

Anyways. I dont feel irate at the comments here. This is an issue where you DO need something, but at the same time CANNOT use it TOO MUCH. Again, I just dont know where to draw the line... :confused:

Comments are welcome.

Originally posted by al_paso
I don't know what you will make of this but is that really needed?

Re: Beyond my comprehension

I guess Sept filings are unlucky guys. Lot of Sept filings have not been processed yet.

Originally posted by pink4me2
Hello friends

my I-140(EB3) ND is Sep 5th 2003 . Not yet approved.

My friend same category with same date got his approval on Oct/5/2003.

What the hell.. .These people are worse than the people who work in Govt. Offices in third world countries.

:(

What I am trying to say is, if we don't want to use this tool, why should we even look at this thread (named the "tracker").

Who said about not using the tool at all?? You pretty much repeated everything I said..

Anyway drop the topic..let's move on gentlemen...onward we march..

:)

May be It is not bad to follow ImmigrationWatch.com or some other website for these stats. I am sure running the scanner and seeing these approvals are very comforting for people who are waiting, which is very frustrating. Its true that too much of anything will lead to a problem. :)

RFE replied - but no updates on website

Friends - Please let me know yr thoughts.

How many days BCIS taks to change the status on thier website .
my company responded 140 rfe on last friday. I am expecting my status "we recived yr repsonse blah blah .. " , But now its almost one week and still staus says "on 26th we sent u rfe ...."

Any comments. When should I expect the change in the status.

Details .
140 filed on Aug 11th
Rfe on Feb 26th
responded (means posted by next day fedex) last friday. they must have recieved it on 03/08 or 03/09

rfe - Ability to pay and beneficiaries w2.

You should see an upate within 10 days

---
Friends - Please let me know yr thoughts.

How many days BCIS taks to change the status on thier website .
my company responded 140 rfe on last friday. I am expecting my status "we recived yr repsonse blah blah .. " , But now its almost one week and still staus says "on 26th we sent u rfe ...."

Any comments. When should I expect the change in the status.

Details .
140 filed on Aug 11th
Rfe on Feb 26th
responded (means posted by next day fedex) last friday. they must have recieved it on 03/08 or 03/09

rfe - Ability to pay and beneficiaries w2.