N400_Arrested

kamaratina

Registered Users (C)
I was arrested for prostitution 7 years ago. I went to the court and my case was dismissed by diversion.
I am going to apply for a citizenship and I am worry about it. Does anybody has the same case or knows someone who has similar case. And what should I do.
Please help me.

Thanks

I was arrested for prostitution 7 years ago. I went to the court and my case was dismissed by diversion.
I am going to apply for a citizenship and I am worry about it. Does anybody has the same case or knows someone who has similar case. And what should I do.
Please help me.

Thanks

What was the charge and what did you plead in court?

Please help me.

Thanks

If you pleaded guilty and your case is closed, you still have to mention on N-400.

If you are not convicted and your case is closed, you probably still have to mention it on n-400.

Mentioning it on N-400 doesn't mean that N-400 always is denied or automatically denied.

I suggest you talk to an immigration lawyer.

If you pleaded guilty and your case is closed, you still have to mention on N-400.

If you are not convicted and your case is closed, you probably still have to mention it on n-400.

The fact that OP was arrested in first place is requirement to disclose it on N-400. The plead is not a determining factor on whether to disclose it or not.

What was the charge and what did you plead in court?

Because it was the first time. I played guilty and took the diversion programme to get dissmised .
I finish the programe and my case was close. I did not have any problem getting my final GC. But I am not sure about the sitizineship.

Make sure the IO is a male --- he will understand. :) I don't think you will have any problems.

Because it was the first time. I played guilty and took the diversion programme to get dissmised .
I finish the programe and my case was close. I did not have any problem getting my final GC. But I am not sure about the sitizineship.

What was the charge? Were you arrested for soliciting the services of a prostitute or you were you charged with being a prostitute?

I don't think you'll have any issues unless you have something else in your history that would question your moral character. Just make sure to disclose the arrest on the application and obtain the court records of the case to show the IO at the interview.

Make sure the IO is a male --- he will understand. :) I don't think you will have any problems.

This is not funny by any standard.

kamaratina, people don't offer money to strangers on the streets to go out on dates with them. You were charged exactly with what you did.

Mauriciopelli first of all you did not get what I meant. I meant funny about the joke that AlexMN said. Second of all it’s non of your business to tell me what people do or what people don’t do.
If you can’t help at least say something nice.
Thanks,

This is not funny by any standard.

kamaratina, people don't offer money to strangers on the streets to go out on dates with them. You were charged exactly with what you did.

Mauriciopelli first of all you did not get what I meant. I meant funny about the joke that AlexMN said. Second of all it’s non of your business to tell me what people do or what people don’t do.
Thanks,

Thanks,

I think no one in their right mind would have anything nice to say to a person caught soliciting sex with a prostitute who turned out to be a cop. No one would want you living next door to their home. Enough said.

Prostitution is the truest definition of a victimless crime. If a person chooses to pay for sex, that's their choice. It doesn't make them a bad/evil person. I live in NYC, so I'm sure that at least one person who lives in my immediate vicinity has been with a prostitute. I'd be a lot more concerned if drug dealers and gang members started moving in to my area. If some guy wants to pay to get a fellatio, that's his business. People really need to stop being judgemental, especially when the actions of the person they are judging have no effect whatsoever on their being.

For the record, I've never attempted to solicit a prostitute.

I've often thought the questions that the USCIS asks to judge moral character are absolutely ridiculous, and this is one of them. Other ridiculous questions include asking you whether you are a "habitual drunkard".

WTF does that mean? I mean one person's good-time personality is another's "habitual drunkard". As for the prostitution question, I guess the USCIS forgot that, in some US jurisdictions and many foreign countries, prostitution is a legal activity. But if it's not specifically outlawed by the government, how can that same government turn around and judge people who partake in that activity when they go to Las Vegas? I just don't get it - another double standard used by the USCIS to hold immigrants to a much higher standard than natural born citizens.

Anyway, we all know that the USCIS is seriously messed up, and the point of this forum is to address issues, not go on political rants. Kamaratina, best thing for you to do is consult a good IMMIGRATION attorney (not a crimianl one) before you apply and then take the attorney with you to the interview, if the attorney advises you that it's OK to apply. I know I'm being overly-cautious here, but my wife's IO indicated to her that he deports people at citizenship interivews "all the time"...In his words, "many people who come through that door are not citizenship material". Just be careful, and follow an attorney's advice.

Prostitution is the truest definition of a victimless crime. If a person chooses to pay for sex, that's their choice. It doesn't make them a bad/evil person. I live in NYC, so I'm sure that at least one person who lives in my immediate vicinity has been with a prostitute. I'd be a lot more concerned if drug dealers and gang members started moving in to my area. If some guy wants to pay to get a fellatio, that's his business. People really need to stop being judgemental, especially when the actions of the person they are judging have no effect whatsoever on their being.

For the record, I've never attempted to solicit a prostitute.

Hypothetically suppose this poster walks up to your wife/sister and offers money to have sex? Would you say it was a victimless crime?
I believe it is a bad/evil person that solicits a prostitute.
I am more then 1000% sure that no one in my neighborhood wants a person like that living in the neighborhood.