N400 Timeline: Houston, TEXAS

Hi TexTobe and Nelsonyiga,

I did call back and got the confirmation from I/O that I have been approved and should expect the oath letter any time.
Waiting for the oath letter now.
Thank you very much for your support and prompt reply.

After a long Immigration Journey - since 1997- finally I sent My N-400. These forums were very helpful for my GC process. Now I want to keep visit them for this new process. So here is my data:

N-400-Based in 3 Years

Aug 07, 2009 Mailed to Lewisville Lockbox
Aug 12, 2009 Package received at Lockbox
Aug 14, 2009 Check Cashed
____---, 2009 NOA
____---, 2009 FP letter
____---, 2009 FP appt
____---, 2009 IL rec'd
____---, 20?? Interview date
____---, 20?? Oath Date

Case status

My case status has been updated as below. Does that mean I can hope to get an interview before Sep 16 so that I can get to take oath on Spe 16 assuming everything goes well ?

Current Status: This case has been sent for a standard interview.

Your case has been transferred to a local office and an interview will be scheduled. As part of our standard processing you will be sent a notice when the interview is scheduled, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address. We process each kind of case in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the link below for current processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. To receive e-mail updates, follow the link below to register.

OK-but it will take more then 30 mins!!
Actually I was able to complete my work within 25 minutes at the consulate. Collected my oci yesterday. Went at 9:20AM and out with oci in hand by 9:45AM ... very pleasant experience :) I did not havee to pay for parking :)

Thanks for your input on my questions.

Planning to take our kids (age < 5) to the oath ceremony, please share your experience or tips?

Last edited by a moderator:
I WAS AT HOUSTON DO-GREENSPOINT AND THE SUPERVISOR CAME OUT AND TOLD EVERYONE THAT WAS WAITING ON OATH LETTERS AFTER INTERVIEW THAT THEY WILL NOT BE GETTING THEM. THEY WILL BE SENDING THEM THE LETTERS IN MAIL. SO HE ASKED EVERYONE TO LEAVE. THEY ALL LEFT. I WAS THERE FOR NAME CHANGE AND I OVERHEARD HIM SAY, NEXT OATH FOR SEPTEMBER IS 9TH. DID I HEAR THAT WELL? SOMEONE WHO KNOWS OR GOT APPROVED RESPOND. MOST PEOPLE I SAW WERE HISPANIC AND ASIANS AND ONLY ONE BLACK DUDE WHO SOUNDED AMERICAN. I GUESS SOME RACE IS SCHEDULED DIFFERENTLY OR BY COMPLEXITY OF CASES. BECAUSE EVERYONE I SAW GO IN THERE TOOK LIKE TEN TO FIFTEEN MINUTES AND THEY WOULD COME OUT AND SIT. ALL OF THEM HAD BEEN APPROVED!!!!

I did not sleep so I went to my other house and picked up the Original certificates and then headed to the DO. It was 4:30 am. So they opened up around 6:55 am.

I went in and the day seems like it was all for Asians and Latinos and all of them passed. While they were waiting for their Oath letters, the Supervisor came out and said that they should go home. The letters will be sent since the Oath is for September 9th.
He is the same Supervisor that Quizzed me.
He then proceeded to go inside and I approached him and told him of the letter, he said someone will take care of me as soon as possible.

So another gentleman came out, Not the one that had my file the other time. He was now stationed out of office he has been doing the quizz, I think they made some changes. He was in the lobby and he was waiting for files to be handed to him.

I did not speak to him. When the man called my name, we went inside to his office and he pulled out the file flipped some pages and said, your birth certificate has a middle name called Featherstonehaugh and I said no, that's my second born son's certificate.
So I told him I thought there was a mistake. He searched and said "Now where is yours?" I gave him my original and the one for my son.
He asked for my Green Card, he did not ask for DL or Passport. He then apologized and said "thank you for coming though."
He took my Original, made a photocopy and came back. He checked the files kind of fast like four times, then he closed it and said he would approved the file but because of the Record, his supervisor has to approve that part.
He said, " I am the leg man and the other one has to sign off."
He said it was a defferred so it does not matter and since it was 2002. I said Okay. He said, he will try to get it to him either today or tomorrow and they will send me a letter in the mail soon.
He walked me out of the office and showed me the door where to exit and that was it.

@nelsonyiga - thanks for sharing your experience... I hope you get your OL soon... I guess the dates that were posted on this thread earlier for Oaths are not right then, since you heard September 9th? What location did you go to (you said Greenspoint)?

I'm confused about the different places... My AOS interview was Central Green Blvd, but my N400 IL says 126 Northpoint Dr - is that where everyone else's is? Did they change/move offices?

@houstonian: congratulations! I am still waiting for my IL and check the mailbox everyday...

@nelsonyiga: I am so glad to know you finally passed this, I am sure your oath letter is on the way to your home.

@houstonian: congratulations! I am still waiting for my IL and check the mailbox everyday...

@nelsonyiga: I am so glad to know you finally passed this, I am sure your oath letter is on the way to your home.
tsc103102-this too will come anytime now...:)

@nelsonyiga - thanks for sharing your experience... I hope you get your OL soon... I guess the dates that were posted on this thread earlier for Oaths are not right then, since you heard September 9th? What location did you go to (you said Greenspoint)?

I'm confused about the different places... My AOS interview was Central Green Blvd, but my N400 IL says 126 Northpoint Dr - is that where everyone else's is? Did they change/move offices?
TexToBe-126 Northpoint Dr is the correct address for the Nat.interview

Timeline Update

FINGERPRINT NOTIFICATION Received

TIMELINE
5 Year based N-400
GC Date: Oct 27, 2004
DO: Houston, TX
07/31/2009 (Day 01): N-400 Mailed to Lewisville, TX (Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation)
08/03/2009 (Day 04): N-400 Delivered @ Lewisville, TX
08/05/2009 (Day 06): Check Cleared
08/10/2009 (Day 11): NOA Received (Priority Date: 08/03/2009)
08/12/2009 (Day 13): Online Case Status changes to RFE (Finger Print Notice)
08/18/2009 (Day 19): FP Notice Received
09/04/2009 (Day 36): FP Appointment Date
mm/dd/yyyy (Day x): Interview Letter Received
mm/dd/yyyy (Day x): Interview Date
mm/dd/yyyy (Day x): Oath

@Houstonian - thanks for confirming that :) Can you tell I'm starting to get nervous, and its still 3.5 weeks away :D

@July31 - congrats on your FP notice! Your case is moving right along!

@tsc123102 - *we're all waiting with you in spirit by the mailbox* hope you get some news soon!