N400 Timeline: Houston, TEXAS

TexToBe-take it easy dear friend. Remember the times we used to be waiting for the GC!! When one stops thinking of the matter, time flies and the approval comes. :)
I too hope that I can get the IL / ID by sept :D
7/13/09 ND
8/5/09 FP completed-very seamless and folks at AOS Houston real helpful.
00/00/09 IL
00/00/09 ID
00/00/09 OD

Last edited by a moderator:
@Houstonian - yes I'm getting impatient though I really shouldn't - I know it takes at least 3-4weeks based on others' timelines to get the IL... but I think we all just want to get this last stage done asap :D

@tsc123102 - gosh, sorry to hear you are still waiting... I thought they had an announcement that namecheck was to be completed in 30 days now (after improvements in the system)... I hope your IL turns up soon...

@July31 - Good luck with your process!

Same to you TexToBe!

@Houstonian - yes I'm getting impatient though I really shouldn't - I know it takes at least 3-4weeks based on others' timelines to get the IL... but I think we all just want to get this last stage done asap :D

@tsc123102 - gosh, sorry to hear you are still waiting... I thought they had an announcement that namecheck was to be completed in 30 days now (after improvements in the system)... I hope your IL turns up soon...

@July31 - Good luck with your process!

will keep you all posted when I get my IL. I hope soon... I check my mailbox everyday and hope to see the letter from USCIS.

@Houstonian - synchronicity, I got my IL last night! Didn't get home from work till late and hubby hadn't checked the mailbox so trotted off to check it, and the IL was in there. Set for Monday Sept 14 @ 9.30am! Excited and nervous all at the same time now :D Of course, hubby being 5th generation Texan is completely nonchalant about it, and doesn't see why I would be nervous :D

I noticed the location is different from where we went 3 years ago, now its 126 Northpoint Drive (for AOS I went to Central Green Boulevard) - did they move offices?

Other thing I noticed was the letter said 'the proceeding will take around 2 hours' - seems a lot longer than people have reported here...

@Tsc123102 - I'm sure the IL must be on its way at this point... *sending good thoughts your way to the mailbox*

@Tsc123102 - I'm sure the IL must be on its way at this point... *sending good thoughts your way to the mailbox*

Congrats for getting your IL and thanks for your good wishes. Every time, when I open my mailbox, I am so eager to go through all mails fast to see if there is a letter very special, then disappointed.

Set for Monday Sept 14 @ 9.30am!

Other thing I noticed was the letter said 'the proceeding will take around 2 hours' - seems a lot longer than people have reported here...

The oath date on Sept is 9/16, so you might take oath after two days.

I think two hours is for everybody.

will keep you all posted when I get my IL. I hope soon... I check my mailbox everyday and hope to see the letter from USCIS.

Isn't there number for FBI where you can check if your file got cleared (automated response with your USCIS Case number)? I saw it in one if the queues

Hoping this week brings everyone luck! Hope that tsc123102 gets IL!!

I'm (daring to wonder) what the cut off dates for the Sept 14 oath are...

Hi TexToBe,

What's you GC Date? If you don't mind. Just trying to assess relationship b/w the dates.

Thanks

Congrats for Receiving Inteview date

Hi TexasToBe Congrats for Inteview date.Best of luck

Isn't there number for FBI where you can check if your file got cleared (automated response with your USCIS Case number)? I saw it in one if the queues

I did call FBI to check my FP results, they told me the results were sent back to USCIS next day of my FP.

TexToBe, thanks for your good wishes. No IL during weekend, hope this week...

Just sent my and my wife's applications(N-400) to Lewisville,tx by priority mail and delivery confirmation from austin,tx...

08/10/09: N-400 mailed

Oath ceremony for Houston in September

Does anyone knows if there is an oath ceremony date for Houston in September.
Thanks,

KatyTx Resident

A few pages ago, I think stuck_in_a_hole posted these dates for upcoming Oath ceremonies - I don't know where he/she got them from...

Sep 16

Oct 21

Nov 18

Dec 16

Usually they are the 2nd Wednesday of the month, but they changed it up for a couple of months... hope this helps

Got my yellow letter yesterday. They asked:
1. Bring your state-issued driver's license or state-issued photo identification card;
2. You indicated in your application that you have been arrested. For these arrests and any other incidents in which you may have been involved, bring originals or certified copies of all arrest records and court dispositions showing how each incident was resolved.

I mentioned two speeding tickets (less than $500 fine and no alcohol and drug related) which I took classes to remove the point. So I have copies of certificate from both classes and the check copy for the payment. Don't know if it is sufficient to show or I have to go to court to get some records. One of them is almost five years ago, don't know if court still kept the records.

One small step towards interview, anyway...

Dont worry, As long as you have no arrest, you will be fine. This is just a general letter as you checked Yes for arrest/cited because of traffic tickets.

Glad you got the Yellow Letter Tsc123102... at least it shows some movement on your case! IL can't be far behind now...

If you can, I would get a copy of your driving record from DMV, and that way the IO can see that you have no other incidents on your record, other than the speeding tickets you've already mentioned.