N400 Timeline: Houston, TEXAS

Glad you got the Yellow Letter Tsc123102... at least it shows some movement on your case! IL can't be far behind now...

If you can, I would get a copy of your driving record from DMV, and that way the IO can see that you have no other incidents on your record, other than the speeding tickets you've already mentioned.

Thanks for your suggestion. I do consider to get a copy of driving record from state DPS to show my clean driving history. For those two speeding, I took classes so it won't show on driving record. I also think to get a court record.

Timeline Update

NOA RECEIVED

TIMELINE
5 Year based N-400
GC Date: Oct 27, 2004
DO: Houston, TX
07/31/2009 (Day 01): N-400 Mailed to Lewisville, TX (Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation)
08/03/2009 (Day 04): N-400 Delivered @ Lewisville, TX
08/05/2009 (Day 06): Check Cleared
08/10/2009 (Day 11): NOA Received (Priority Date: 08/03/2009)
mm/dd/yyyy (Day x): FP Notice Received
mm/dd/yyyy (Day x): FP Notice Date
mm/dd/yyyy (Day x): Interview Letter Received
mm/dd/yyyy (Day x): Interview Date
mm/dd/yyyy (Day x): Oath

Does anyone has the FBI number for the name check?

Hi ya'll,
tsc123102 mentioned that there is a number to call the FBI and check on your case. Can someone give me that number.
Thanks,

Katy Tx Resident

Hi ya'll,
tsc123102 mentioned that there is a number to call the FBI and check on your case. Can someone give me that number.
Thanks,

Katy Tx Resident

I don't remember the number but I found that number in the previous poster. You can go through those poster in this Houston timeline thread.

@KatyTXResident - the FBI is 304-625-5590, select the option you are a private individual, and then you can give them your A# to check on the legibility of your prints, and whether they were transmitted back to USCIS yet.

@July31 - congrats on your NOA - app received and started!

@Tsc123102 - not sure if you really need the court record too, but never hurts to have more info in case they do ask for more... depends on how much of a hassle it is to get the records I guess...

@Tsc123102 - not sure if you really need the court record too, but never hurts to have more info in case they do ask for more... depends on how much of a hassle it is to get the records I guess...

actually for both of my speeding tickets, I never went to court to contest, I just mailed the check with the class certificate to the courts, I didn't have receipt except the copies of the personal check (also from bank's statement), class certificate, my driving record showed nothing on it. If I need go to court, I just need to get a official receipt for my tickets.

Finished my interview today. It was a smooth interview. Whole interview took only 30 mins. Civics and English test just 5 mins with first officer. Application review with another officer for 25 mins approximately. 30 mins waiting to get oath letter. Oath is on 08/19/2009. Thx to everyone who posted their experience in this forum and wish best of luck for all future citizens.

5-Years employment based GC.
05/26/2009: N-400 sent by Fed-Ex.
05/27/2009: Received by USCIS
05/27/2009: Priority date as per FP notice.
06/02/2009: Check cashed
06/05/2009: FP notice received. No NOA for N-400 till today (06/23/2009)
07/01/2009: FP date
08/13/2009: Interview date (passed)
08/19/2009: Oath Date.

Citizenship Approved and Oath on Aug 19th

Hi,

Today I had very plesant interview experience.My appointment time was 9.30 AM.I was there by 9.00 AM.There were lot of people.After I placed my interview letter at the window and waited.Around 9.35 they called my name and had civics test.IO officer had a paper with list of questions from which she asked and filled the answers after I answered.They are very simple.Here are the questions.
1.When was the constitution written
2.Name one border state of Canada.
3.what is freedom of religion
4.Name the ocean in east coast
5.what is the age to register for selective service.
6.who is the president during world war I.
I answered all of them.She stopped and told I passed civics test and wait for Application interview.I was waited about 5 minutes before my name called by another officer.He took to his office.He was very nice.He basically asked my name and address after Oath.Then he inquired about weather I paid all taxes,any citations or arrest,deportations and links with terrorist organizations.I said yes to paid taxes and no to others.Then he told he is going to recommend for approval,asked me to sign on 2 photographs and application form.He congradulated and told me oath next week and I can wait to get oath form mean while he is going to show my file another officer for final review.I came to waiting area and waited.After 15 minutes I got my oath form which scheduled for Aug '19th.I was out of building by 10:20 A.M.
I took my wife with me as her interview scheduled for Sept 4th.when I requested IO weather they can accomodate her today,IO told me unfortunately they do not keep all the files in that facility as her file is in storage some where and they will get the files near interview date.Thats all.Thanks for all who supported this forum and shared their experiences.Best of Luck to waiting folks update you more after Oath:)

Waiting for oath letter

Hi every one,

I saw this site very interesting.
I got my inteview since June 17th 2009, passed both tests but was asked to provide additional documents which were sent July 13th. The IO told me that if she received the additional documents she will approve my application.
Since then I am waiting for my oath letter.
I called the 1800 number and talked with the Customer service who does not even know if I was interviewed(he only noted that the FP was done). I did ask him to talk to his Supervisor (Immigration Officer) and get connected to her, who looks up to her computer and found out my oath letter is on the way and will be receive in 2 weeks.

Question: since the 2 sources are too different, which of the 2 sources I should believe and why?
Please kindly revert with comments.

Congratulations Ataju and Krish10!!! Also thanks Krish10 for writing all the details, I have my interview next month at 9.30am, so it really helps me... Is there a lot of parking at 126 Northpoint Drive? (I went for my AOS interview to Central Green Blvd location, so haven't been to this DO before).... Good luck to your wife also! Let us know how the Oath goes, its a shame you and your wife can't do it together, but I guess you can each take pictures of each other this way!

Sirus, if you did speak to a Level II supervisor then the answer is: the second answer is true. I went through the same too. I did send required documents on the 16th of July and I am also waiting as well. Hopefully in two weeks, we both get some answers-positive answers.

@Sirus - I would be inclined to believe the second person you talked to on the phone, who is an actual IO at USCIS because they can actually see your file, and not just the parrots who read the same case status as we can see, because they can't see your file by A# etc... You could always call again, and ask to be put through to second line again (just say you don't have your receipt number, just your A#), and see if that IO says the same thing. But I'm sure you'll get your Oath Letter as the IO said...

Any Houstonian please help me with directions from/to airport & Indian consulate. Also please tell me if there are any public transportation options that are convenient rather than renting a car ... your help is much appreciated.

Consulate General of India
www.cgihouston.org

1990 Post Oak Blvd # 600
Houston, TX 77056-3812
(713) 626-2148
Get directions in google

There should be public transport from the airport. Try 1-800 bluevan for a cheaper option.
Best of luck.

Consulate General of India
www.cgihouston.org

1990 Post Oak Blvd # 600
Houston, TX 77056-3812
(713) 626-2148
Get directions in google

There should be public transport from the airport. Try 1-800 bluevan for a cheaper option.
Best of luck.
Thanks a bunch. I will try that option. I did have a car rental booked for just 30 bucks so that should be ok. Is parking free at the consulate?

Thank you Nelsonyiga and TextToBe for your kind reply.

Further more, when can I call them back to recheck?
In Clear words, I dont want to call them back before 2 weeks and irritate them. Please kindly advise how it works (did they put on record every call you make to the 1800?)
Again thank you for your advice.

Timeline Update

ONLINE CASE STATUS changes to Request for Additional Evidence Sent

TIMELINE
5 Year based N-400
GC Date: Oct 27, 2004
DO: Houston, TX
07/31/2009 (Day 01): N-400 Mailed to Lewisville, TX (Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation)
08/03/2009 (Day 04): N-400 Delivered @ Lewisville, TX
08/05/2009 (Day 06): Check Cleared
08/10/2009 (Day 11): NOA Received (Priority Date: 08/03/2009)
08/12/2009 (Day 13): Online Case Status changes to RFE (Finger Print Notice?)
mm/dd/yyyy (Day x): FP Notice Received
mm/dd/yyyy (Day x): FP Notice Date
mm/dd/yyyy (Day x): Interview Letter Received
mm/dd/yyyy (Day x): Interview Date
mm/dd/yyyy (Day x): Oath

@July 31 - there's another thread on the forum Mass RFEs - people seem to think that the online status is trying to show biometrics notice being sent... (so I think your signature is right), hopefully that's what it is!

@Sirus - I don't know if they really do keep track of when people call or not, especially just to ask for status. Unless they told you not to call for another 2 weeks, I think it would be safe to call again to confirm, you can always take the 'blame' yourself, and say you called a few days ago, but didn't understand exactly what was said (play dumb) and nobody will be offended or think you are being aggressive... just a suggestion :)