N400 Timeline: Houston, TEXAS

Thanks everybody.
Just checked my online status, it was changed. The LUD is today 8/19, the message said:

Current Status: This case has been sent for a standard interview.

Your case has been transferred to a local office and an interview will be scheduled...

I didn't get the email.

Hope to get my IL soon.

Proud USC today, Oath ceremony was excellent- Thanks to everyone on this forum!!!

4/15/2009: NOA - Application receipt
5/11/2009: FP notice
5/15/2009: FP done (Early walk-in)
5/23/2009: Yellow letter (Wife)
5/30/2009: IL received
7/17/2009: IL date
8/19/2009: Oath date

@FirstImmigrant - Congratulations!! That is so awesome!!

Did you have to do a lot of waiting around at the ceremony like others have posted (I won't mind at all about this, but probably my husband will, he hates sitting around waiting for stuff :))

Congratulations again :D

Around 2 hour wait, we were in the building around 7:45am and ceremony started at 10am. 2,300 plus applicants took oath so wait is expected but i took my blackberry and played few games to keep my patience- You will forget the wait when you will get your naturalization certification… All the best!

Timeline Update-NOA Received

I got my NOA today August 19, with Notice Date Aug 14. It looks this process is going with the right path. UFF!! Finally one of my processes with Immigration is going smooth.

Thanks.

Aug 07, 2009 Mailed to Lewisville Lockbox
Aug 12, 2009 Package received at Lockbox
Aug 14, 2009 Check Cashed
Aug 14, 2009 NOA – Receipt Number
____---, 2009 FP letter
____---, 2009 FP appt
____---, 2009 IL rec'd
____---, 20?? Interview date
____---, 20?? Oath Date

I honestly expected a little more from today's experience. Even the oath ceremony posted on youtube was much better with the flag saluting and the piano playing thing. The piano was never played and the USCIS representative before the hearing could barely speak English! The room temperature was unreasonably and absurdly COLD... Seriously, my fingers were starting to turn purple. The best TIP I can give to anyone attending the natz oath at the MO Campbell is to take a winter jacket with you. It's OK to forget your green card at home as long as you don't forget a heavy jacket.

Other than the above, everything else went alright. I took advantage of my day off from work and went to apply for the passport right away. There was only 1 person in front of me and only took me about 20 mins in and out.

Good luck to all of you with your experience.

Oath is done-Officially USCitizen--Journey over

Hi All,

Yeterday I took Oath at Campbell Education center.Around 2304 Applicants from 119 Countries took Oath.The experience is similar to the people mentioned earlier in this thread.Went around 6.30 A.M and out by 11 A.M.Even though they mention 7 AM in Oath letter, Cerimony starts around 10 AM till that time people get to gather and wait for judge.Going early helps to find parking easily other than that people were came around 9 AM also.Best of luck to people who are waiting.Thanks to all who answered queries and shared their experiences to make life easier for people like me and many others.

congrats!!

I bet that you are relieved that the wait is finally over :D

Hi All,

Yeterday I took Oath at Campbell Education center.Around 2304 Applicants from 119 Countries took Oath.The experience is similar to the people mentioned earlier in this thread.Went around 6.30 A.M and out by 11 A.M.Even though they mention 7 AM in Oath letter, Cerimony starts around 10 AM till that time people get to gather and wait for judge.Going early helps to find parking easily other than that people were came around 9 AM also.Best of luck to people who are waiting.Thanks to all who answered queries and shared their experiences to make life easier for people like me and many others.

Thanks Krish10 and jetector for reporting your Oath ceremony experiences... I saw one video on YouTube of yesterday's ceremony... Good luck with getting your passports. Jetector - good luck with your wife's journey now...

@Help2008 - congrats on your NOA!

@tsc123102 - great that you got an online update, IL should arrive in a week I think? (has to come from Missouri)!

N-400 Application(3 years based)
Distric office; HOUSTON, TX

2.July.2009- Mailed N-400(UPS 3 days)
6.July.2009- N-400 delivered to Lewisville (TSC)
7.July.2009- Check cashed(there's the advantage in paying by check: u will know when they cash it)
10.July.2009- Received Notice of Action (NOA) dated 7.Jul.09
11.Aug.2009- called the 1-800 # to inquire on the delay
12.Aug.2009- Received e-mail response that I have been scheduled for initital interview[have no idea what this is]
15.Aug.2009 - Received interview letter (scheduled for 29.Sep.2009)

It is weird and I am worried that I did not receive a finger print notice.Last time I was fingerprinted was sometime in August 2008 for my 10 yr Green Card. Can anyone help?

Finally, it's my turn: got my IL yesterday (8/20) for Oct 1st interview.

Actually the IL notice date was 8/17 which is the day I called USCIS, but by then the second level IO couldn't tell me the actual date from her computer, she just said I should get the IL soon. My online message was updated on 8/19.

Anyway, it's time to study those questions.

Thanks everybody for good wishes.

Last edited by a moderator:
@tsc123102 - woohoo - congratulations for finally getting the IL!! So happy to hear that!

@Desi4ever - congrats also to your for getting your IL - good luck!

I'm not sure where the person who got the Oath dates before on this thread got their info from... Nelsongiya in his post above, says he thought he heard the September one, was September 9 (i.e. the second Wed of the month, not the 3rd Wed of the month), but I don't know how to verify the dates? Anybody have any ideas?

That's what I heard the Supervisor tell everyone who were waiting for their Oath Letters. The machine had mulfunctioned and so he told everyone who was waiting for the Oath Letters for September the 9th to go home. I might have heard wrong, I guess we wait and see when some people get Oath Letters.