N400 Timeline: Houston, TEXAS

Passed our naturalization interview today, Interview experience was very professional and refreshing. Went in the building at 9:50am and came out at 11:00am so the entire event took an hour and 15 minutes. We placed our interview letter in the box and were called in 10 minutes, written and civic test first. IO asked me to read "How many Senators we have" and then told me to write "We have one hundred Senators". Civic questions;
- What is the name of National Anthem?
- What happened on Sep 11th
- Why we have 13 stripes on the flag
- Some thing about "Rule of law" something and two more questions
Then we waited 5 minutes and called by another IO, took us to him office and went over the N-400 application- confirmed our home address, where you work, kids etc.... no documents asked. Have to sign application and Photos in the end. Got the approval and waited for another 15 minutes for oath letter.

8/19 is going to be a big day after 9 years here in US on H1 to USC. Lived an American dream and will be a proud Citizen!

---------------------------------
Employment based GC (2004)
Houston DO
4/7/2009: N-400 Priority date
4/15/2009: NOA - Application receipt
5/11/2009: FP notice
5/15/2009: FP done (Early walk-in)
5/23/2009: Yellow letter (Wife)
5/30/2009: IL received
7/17/2009: IL date
8/19/2009: Oath date

Hearty Congradulations for first immigrant from immigrant to Citizen.Best of luck.Hope to get there soon.

Passed our naturalization interview today, Interview experience was very professional and refreshing. Went in the building at 9:50am and came out at 11:00am so the entire event took an hour and 15 minutes. We placed our interview letter in the box and were called in 10 minutes, written and civic test first. IO asked me to read "How many Senators we have" and then told me to write "We have one hundred Senators". Civic questions;
- What is the name of National Anthem?
- What happened on Sep 11th
- Why we have 13 stripes on the flag
- Some thing about "Rule of law" something and two more questions
Then we waited 5 minutes and called by another IO, took us to him office and went over the N-400 application- confirmed our home address, where you work, kids etc.... no documents asked. Have to sign application and Photos in the end. Got the approval and waited for another 15 minutes for oath letter.

8/19 is going to be a big day after 9 years here in US on H1 to USC. Lived an American dream and will be a proud Citizen!

---------------------------------
Employment based GC (2004)
Houston DO
4/7/2009: N-400 Priority date
4/15/2009: NOA - Application receipt
5/11/2009: FP notice
5/15/2009: FP done (Early walk-in)
5/23/2009: Yellow letter (Wife)
5/30/2009: IL received
7/17/2009: IL date
8/19/2009: Oath date

Hi Could you please let me know where is the location of Oath in Houston.Thanks

Going tomorrow for my FP - hope my FPs are readable... any last minute tips for making the ridges stand up better? Too much typing in my job...

Biometrics complete.... Some were low scoring like '51' etc, but they didn't do ink & paper like last year... Anybody know what the scores mean?

My interview date is this next Monday. I'm hoping they put me in the 08/19 ceremony oath if I'm approved.

hi jetector,

Let us know how your interview went. I have interview on Aug/13 (DO Houston,TX). Thx.

just called USCIS again (last call was two weeks ago), they told me that my case is still pending and once my name check cleared, they will send the IL letter. Keep waiting...

Hi jejector - hope your interview went well!! Please let us know about your experience!!

@tsc123102 - hope your namecheck clears soon! Did it take a long time for you at AOS?

I went to the interview today and it went well, although the wait for the oath letter was unreasonable (1 hour!!).

The civics questions were simple:

- How many U.S. Senators are there?
- Who is the Commander in Chief of the Military?
- What does the stars in the flag represent?
- What does it mean freedom of religion?
- When was the Constitution written?
- Name one state that borders with Canada?

For the reading question:

Asked me to read: What do we pay to the United States?

For the Writing Question:

Dictated the Following: We pay taxes in the United States

Once I passed this, the officer said to sit and wait to be called by the interviewing officer.

Called in about 6 mins and the next officer wasn't very friendly. Asked a lot of questions but finally said I was approved and that I will become a U.S. Citizen on the August 19. She walked me out and then I waited for ONE HOUR until finally my name was called with the oath letter. I was already aggraviated for the long wait at that point, but glad I'm over with this.

Hopefully, the ceremony will be a much better experience.

Jetector- Congratulations on passing interview. You will be USC on Aug 19th--- Cool.

IO can ask you questions mostly related to your case?

---------------
Houston D/O
Employment based GC

04/07/2009: Received by TSC
04/07/2009: Priority Date
04/15/2009: Notice Date
05/08/2009: Fingerprint Notice
05/15/2009: FP taken
05/30/2009: Interview letter
07/17/2009: Interview Date - Passed
08/19/2009: Oath scheduled

Congratulations jetector!! At least you know now its the last time you'll have to deal with USCIS! Were you applying based on 5 years as a PR or as 3 years PR/marriage?

@tsc123102 - hope your namecheck clears soon! Did it take a long time for you at AOS?
No, it was very fast. The next day, I called FBI, they told me my fp result was sent back to USCIS. Now just waiting my name check to be cleared.:confused:

I went to the interview today and it went well, although the wait for the oath letter was unreasonable (1 hour!!).

The civics questions were simple:

- How many U.S. Senators are there?
- Who is the Commander in Chief of the Military?
- What does the stars in the flag represent?
- What does it mean freedom of religion?
- When was the Constitution written?
- Name one state that borders with Canada?

For the reading question:

Asked me to read: What do we pay to the United States?

For the Writing Question:

Dictated the Following: We pay taxes in the United States

Once I passed this, the officer said to sit and wait to be called by the interviewing officer.

Called in about 6 mins and the next officer wasn't very friendly. Asked a lot of questions but finally said I was approved and that I will become a U.S. Citizen on the August 19. She walked me out and then I waited for ONE HOUR until finally my name was called with the oath letter. I was already aggraviated for the long wait at that point, but glad I'm over with this.

Hopefully, the ceremony will be a much better experience.

Congratulations! You are almost done with USCIS, one step.

Congratulations jetector!! At least you know now its the last time you'll have to deal with USCIS! Were you applying based on 5 years as a PR or as 3 years PR/marriage?

Mine was a 5 yrs as a Permanent Resident family based petition. Unfortunately, I'm not yet done with USCIS, since now I'll have to start my wife's LPR case... it makes me sick just to think about it.

Thanks to all for your kind words. I wish all of you success on your natz case as well and for those who will also make into the 08/19 ceremony, congratulations and looking forward to raising my left hand with the right one on my heart, and proudly pledging allegiance to this great nation!

July 31st Application

GC Date: Oct. 27, 2004
5 years based N400
District: Houston

Jul. 31, 2009: Mailed N400 to Lewisville, TX