N400 Timeline: Houston, TEXAS

Update about Spouse interview and opinion needed for early walkin for interview

Hi my spouse received interview notification letter scheduled for sept 04.I have interview on Aug 13th.I am planning take my spouse for interview on Aug 13th and try weather Houston D/O can accomadate.Please let me know any thoughts on this. Thanks

Spouse time line is as below
RD:06/11/2009
ND:06/18/2009
FP Scheduled : 07/24/2009
FP Walkin :07/10/2009
IL Received :07/27/2009
IL Date : 09/04/2009

Congratulations Krish10 for you and your wife's ILs!

Yes, you might as well try to take her on your date too, the worst that can happen is she has to do it on the date specified. I think you should try to mention it when they review your N400 section about marriage etc and mention your wife's date and that's she's ready to go today, and then bring it up that it would be really great if you got the same Oath ceremony (assuming no issues :)) and perhaps they won't be too busy... No harm in trying I think...

On a different note, I have a similar timeline to your wife, but I didn't go for early biometrics, so I'm hoping I get an interview date like she did....:)

Good luck!

My Journey

Went in for the interview on 07/30/09. HSC is conducting a very smooth operation. I got there at 9:15AM for my 9:30AM appointment and I was out of there by 10:20AM. Interviewer was very courteous. He asked me some standard questions (paid taxes, will you defend the country, etc.). He didn't worry too much about a couple of traffic tickets (minor-less than $100 fine).

The feeling I got was the interview was just a formality and he already knew enough about me and they already made up their mind. Every persons folder had a 30-40 page book (legal size paper), just curious as to what is in there.

He congratulated me and told me that the oath is on 8/19/09.

04/17/2009: mailed N-400
04/20/2009: Received by Texas Center
04/20/2009: Check Cashed
04/20/2009: Priority Date
04/22/2009: Notice Date
04/23/2009: NOA received
05/19/2009: Fingerprint Notice
06/09/2009: FP Date (scheduled and Completed)
06/09/2009: Yellow Letter (info requested about traffic tickets-minor issue)
07/30/2009: Interview Date (passed)
08/19/2009: Oath

Go-Cougars: Congratulations on passing the interview.

04/07/2009: Received by TSC
04/07/2009: Priority Date
04/15/2009: Notice Date
05/08/2009: Fingerprint Notice
05/15/2009: FP taken
05/30/2009: Interview letter
07/17/2009: Interview Date - Passed
08/19/2009: Oath scheduled

Timeline Update

TIMELINE
5 Year based N-400
GC Date: Oct 27, 2004
DO: Houston, TX
07/31/2009 (Day 1): N-400 Mailed to Lewisville, TX (Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation)
08/03/2009 (Day 4): N-400 Delivered @ Lewisville, TX
mm/dd/yyyy (Day x): Check Cleared
mm/dd/yyyy (Day x): Priority Date
mm/dd/yyyy (Day x): NOA Received
mm/dd/yyyy (Day x): FP Notice Received
mm/dd/yyyy (Day x): FP Notice Date
mm/dd/yyyy (Day x): Interview Letter Received
mm/dd/yyyy (Day x): Interview Date
mm/dd/yyyy (Day x): Oath

Congrats Go-Cougars!

Did you mention about your Traffic tickets on your N-400 ?

Thanks

This is a very confusing topic for many. Yet it is true that a trafic violation will not prevent anybody from becoming a US citizen, officers often don't like it when people conceal this information. I have also read memos stating that if they did not involve any actual arrest or intoxication, it is not relevant.

It's better that you mention them since they involve a "citation" by a local enforcement agency. Disregarding of whether it was later dismissed or not, it's still a citation and should be disclosed. It will certainly not affect your eligibility for naturalization but it tells about your honesty and character, which is a requirement.

One of friends' interview time is 7 am. Did the USCIS Houston office open that early?
Where is my IL...? Waiting...

Wow 7am does seem early... I would have thought 8am would be the first appointment... so perhaps they work 7-3pm?

How long did it take your friend to get their IL after biometrics? From my reading of other's timelines it looks like 3-4 weeks is standard in Houston...

7/13/09 ND
8/5/09 FP completed-very seamless and folks at AOS Houston real helpful.
00/00/09 IL
00/00/09 ID
00/00/09 OD

Wow 7am does seem early... I would have thought 8am would be the first appointment... so perhaps they work 7-3pm?

How long did it take your friend to get their IL after biometrics? From my reading of other's timelines it looks like 3-4 weeks is standard in Houston...

The time line is similar to mine except the IL which I am still waiting for...:mad:

@Houstonian - glad the FP went well - yes that ASC is pretty darn efficient compared to the one I had to go to before...

@Tsc123102 - did you call and ask the second level IO if your namecheck has cleared? It's also possible things are slowed down over the summer due to USCIS staff taking vacation.... That's the good and bad part about the Houston economy still being pretty strong as compared to some other cities, we still have plenty of work for USCIS to do unlike San Antonio where there are not so many H1Bs etc as in previous years so N400s are going fast...

@Tsc123102 - did you call and ask the second level IO if your namecheck has cleared?
Yes, I did call them last Monday, was told same as my first time call - waiting my name check to be cleared. Might call again two or three weeks later if I still don't get my IL.

TexToBe-yes, things went quick and now for the IL date. Looks like these issues never end!! Anyway, after all these years another 2 months is no hassle.

Timeline Update

CHECK ENCASHED

TIMELINE
5 Year based N-400
GC Date: Oct 27, 2004
DO: Houston, TX
07/31/2009 (Day 1): N-400 Mailed to Lewisville, TX (Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation)
08/03/2009 (Day 4): N-400 Delivered @ Lewisville, TX
08/05/2009 (Day 6): Check Cleared
mm/dd/yyyy (Day x): Priority Date
mm/dd/yyyy (Day x): NOA Received
mm/dd/yyyy (Day x): FP Notice Received
mm/dd/yyyy (Day x): FP Notice Date
mm/dd/yyyy (Day x): Interview Letter Received
mm/dd/yyyy (Day x): Interview Date
mm/dd/yyyy (Day x): Oath

@Houstonian - yes I'm getting impatient though I really shouldn't - I know it takes at least 3-4weeks based on others' timelines to get the IL... but I think we all just want to get this last stage done asap :D

@tsc123102 - gosh, sorry to hear you are still waiting... I thought they had an announcement that namecheck was to be completed in 30 days now (after improvements in the system)... I hope your IL turns up soon...

@July31 - Good luck with your process!