N400 Timeline: Houston, TEXAS

You can call the FBI Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Division at (304) 625-5590; choose that you are a private individual (as opposite of law enforcement) navigate the menu. They will ask you for your name and A#.
They will tell you when they received the fingerprints and when they sent the results back.

That is all they will tell you. They will not tell you what the result was and they will not tell you about name check (which is done elsewhere). But they will tell you when they received the prints and when they sent the results back to USCIS.

Good luck.

Hello,

I have completed my fingerprints on 5/19. I have notcied some of you saying that they have been fingerprinted and cleared. How do you know guys that you have been cleared?

Folks here are my dates

Just received my FP notice and scheduled FP date. I'll try to walk-in for FP and see what happens :). May be this will speed up the process.

Folks here are my dates

04/17/2009: mailed N-400
04/20/2009: Received by Texas Center
04/20/2009: Check Cashed
04/20/2009: Priority Date
04/22/2009: Notice Date
04/23/2009: NOA received
05/19/2009: Fingerprint Notice
06/09/2009: FP Date (scheduled)
00/00/0000: Interview letter
00/00/0000: Interview Date
00/00/0000: Oath

Received yellow letter for wife, letter says to bring "State drivers license".

Questions:
a) Don't know why they sent my wife's yellow ltr but not mine? Same PD 4/7/09
b) When do you get interview letter after yellow letter?

Thanks all-

----------------------
Employment based GC (2004)
4/7/2009: N-400 PD
4/15/2009: NOA - Application receipt
5/11/2009: FP notice
5/15/2009: FP done
5/23/2009: Yellow letter (Wife)
x/xx/2009: IL (Pending)

Don't sweat about the yellow letter. They don't care about it when you go for interview. Also the yellow letter receive date has no relation to interview letter receive date

Interview letter received... Houston is moving fast. I will complete my 5 years on GC 7/6 and interview date is 7/17.. Cool:)
---------

Employment based GC (2004)
Houston DO
4/7/2009: N-400 Priority date
4/15/2009: NOA - Application receipt
5/11/2009: FP notice
5/15/2009: FP done (Early walk-in)
5/23/2009: Yellow letter (Wife)
5/30/2009: IL received
7/17/2009: IL date (Next..)
8/12/2009: Oath date (Calculated assumption)

Hello,

I have also received the yellow letter saying that i have to bring the state driver's license to the interview. They are also saying that I have to be On time for the interview. The strange thing is that I did not receive an interview letter yet, should not this letter be sent after interview letter? is this a good or bad thing?

Hello,

I have also received the yellow letter saying that i have to bring the state driver's license to the interview. They are also saying that I have to be On time for the interview. The strange thing is that I did not receive an interview letter yet, should not this letter be sent after interview letter? is this a good or bad thing?

Yellow letter is not significant, only my got wife it but we both got the interview letter's today. You should be getting interview letter soon.

My receipt number starts with NBC not TSC, is it right?

Yesterday I got my receipt, finally. It took so long to get it. I noticed the letter was from National Benefits Center not from Texas Service Center, and the receipt number starts with NBC not TSC. Does everybody here get their numbers with NBC for citizenship or somebody is NBC, and somebody is TSC. Based on your experience, which center is faster to process N400 case? From my timeline, looks like NBC is much slower than TSC, I don't know why my case is transferred to NBC.

Thanks for your response.

==================

Houston, TX D/O
05/08/09: N-400 Mailed to Lewsville, TX Lockbox by USPS certified mail.
05/13/09: N-400 Received By Lockbox.
05/28/09: Check Cashed.
05/13/09: Priority Date.
05/27/09: Notice Date.
06/01/09: NOA Received ( I-797C).
xx/xx/09: FP Notice
xx/xx/09: FP
xx/xx/09: IL
xx/xx/09: ID
xx/xx/09: OD

Yesterday I got my receipt, finally. It took so long to get it. I noticed the letter was from National Benefits Center not from Texas Service Center, and the receipt number starts with NBC not TSC. Does everybody here get their numbers with NBC for citizenship or somebody is NBC, and somebody is TSC. Based on your experience, which center is faster to process N400 case? From my timeline, looks like NBC is much slower than TSC, I don't know why my case is transferred to NBC.

Thanks for your response.

==================

Houston, TX D/O
05/08/09: N-400 Mailed to Lewsville, TX Lockbox by USPS certified mail.
05/13/09: N-400 Received By Lockbox.
05/28/09: Check Cashed.
05/13/09: Priority Date.
05/27/09: Notice Date.
06/01/09: NOA Received ( I-797C).
xx/xx/09: FP Notice
xx/xx/09: FP
xx/xx/09: IL
xx/xx/09: ID
xx/xx/09: OD

All naturalization cases are now handled by NBC and have receipt numbers beginning with NBC.

Thanks Bobsmyth,

Thanks for your reply. I read some posts here, looks like most of people get their FP in one month of PD, hope I can get mine soon.
By the way, how to add time line to my signature, so I don't need type it every time. Thanks.

Thanks for your reply. I read some posts here, looks like most of people get their FP in one month of PD, hope I can get mine soon.
By the way, how to add time line to my signature, so I don't need type it every time. Thanks.

Go to quick Links ---> Edit Signature

Interview experience Houston D/O

Spouse's interview was scheduled for 06/04 and mine scheduled for 06/05.

Arrived 30 minutes earlier than scheduled time for spouse and dropped the letter in the tray. I tried to reschedule my interview to 06/04 but the person at the window said that would not be possible. When we were seated, we noticed that a lady came out and handed out the oath letters for the June 10th ceremony.

Spouse was called just a few mins after that for the civics and english test : Passed !! . asked to wait for the interview. Called by another officer 20 mins later. passport, green card, drivers license, information on the application were checked. Everything went ok and she was approved. The officer then asked why the husband did not apply. My wife replied that he has applied but has interview the next day. The officer said that it would be nice if my interview can also completed the same day so that both of us can take the oath on the same day. The officer also said that 06/04 was the cutoff date to take oat on 06/10 in houston. The officer then asked my wife if I had any arrests and if I was prepared for the test. My wife replied that I did not have any arrests. So the officer checked with the supervisor and relayed the information about no arrests. The supervisor was able to pull my file and I was called in for the test and interview few minutes after my wife passed hers. She got her oath letter while I was being interviewed and I got mine about 45 minutes after that.

Luckily I had taken all the documents and prepared for the interview. assuming I could do it on 4th June.

Both of us scheduled for oath on 10th June.

BTW, The officer that interviewed my wife also said that from 06/05 they will start mailing oath letters instead of handing it out immediately after the interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Stuck_in_a_hole. Very nice of them to accommodate you.

How did you get different interview dates? Did you mail your applications separately?

Congratulations Stuck_in_a_hole. Very nice of them to accommodate you.

How did you get different interview dates? Did you mail your applications separately?

Mailed the application together and have successive receipt numbers. Fingerprinting was done the same day also.

I understand that these days, the adjudicating officer questions if the husband and wife are not applying for citizenship at the same time. Same as is true if one is re-entering the country after international travel. I think they consider it odd that one would apply and one would not. Anyways, worked out good for me. I must say that the officer went out of the way to help us out. Thanks to her...

Stuck_in_a_hole- Congratulations. So no documents were requested by IO?

The officer wanted to see my green card (that he compared with the photocopy sent with the N-400), passport (most recent to check the travel dates after I had submitted N-400) and drivers license. No other documents were requested to be seen (I did have tax transcript for the last four years& kids birth certificates).

Overall, a smooth interview experience as they appear to have streamlined the process, with an eye to reducing waiting time. At no point of time, the people in the waiting room exceeded 20, with about half of them waiting for their oath letters. Every 45 minutes a lady would come out and hand out the oath letters for about 8-12 people.

Both mine and my wife's interviews took 20 minutes. I did notice interviews for couple of others took more than an hour (one of them had come with an attorney). The officer that interviewed my wife did mention that having an arrest record complicates things (that seemed to indicate a longer interview time)

Stuck_in_a_hole:: Saw your last comments about no more oath letter, do you any more insight on why are they changing this process/practice..... It was cool to get oath letter after a successful interview?

Stuck_in_a_hole:: Saw your last comments about no more oath letter, do you any more insight on why are they changing this process/practice..... It was cool to get oath letter after a successful interview?

Not sure why they are changing the process, except to venture a guess:
In the houston d/o, a supervisor reviews the interviews results before approving the oath letter to be issued. this was confirmed by the officer that interviewed my wife. This review is done immediately after the interview if they are going to send the applicant to an impending oath ceremony. This might mean that the D/O gets to conduct less interviews on those days. I noticed that when I got my interview notice around 11.15am, once all the interview letters were handed out, the waiting room was empty.

Otherwise the review is done "leisurely" with the oath letters mailed out for a cermony farther out in time. This process was followed for applicants that went for their interviews in April/May and who were asked to come for the June 10th oath.

Oath Date in Houston

Hi everybody,

My interview is on 07/14/2009.

How can I find oath date in Houston?

And can I take oath and have interview in a same date?

regards,
Barnold

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everybody,

My interview is on 07/14/2009.

How can I find oath dare in Houston?

And can I take oath and have interview in a same date?

regards,
Barnold

Please scroll back to read some of the earlier messages. I had posted the oath dates in Houston in early May. The first oath date after your interview is on Aug 12th. Hopefully, the d/o changes their process back to issuing oath letters the same day.