01/09/10: Cash checked
01/15/10: NOA received
01/22/10: FP letter received
02/02/2010: FP date
02/11/10: IL letter received
03/17/10: ID

xxx

03/28/2010: Eligibility date

I received my Oath letter today. March 10th Paramount Theater, Oakland.

For the SF DO people who were interviewed before their naturalization eligibility dates and received a 'decision cannot be made', we now have 2 people (BritBrat is the other) who received their Oath letters approx 12 days after they became eligible for Naturalization.
CA_GUY, did you receive your oath letter yet?

Yes indeed. I too received the oath lettter today. March 10th Paramount Theatre, Oakland - March 10th.

Congrats GungaDin and CA_Guy

I received my Oath letter today. March 10th Paramount Theater, Oakland.

For the SF DO people who were interviewed before their naturalization eligibility dates and received a 'decision cannot be made', we now have 2 people (BritBrat is the other) who received their Oath letters approx 12 days after they became eligible for Naturalization.
CA_GUY, did you receive your oath letter yet?

GungaDin and CA_Guy, congrats on getting your OL. GungaDin, good job on documenting how long it's taking people to get OL after they interviewed before their eligibility date.... this is good info for future applicants. Also good to see that (as people predicted) the ceremony moved back to the Paramount in Oakland in March and will likely go back to SF in November.

For me, 5 more days until my ceremony. I bought a blue shirt and a red/white tie.... yes, very patriotic and very cheesy!:p I'll report on the ceremony afterwards. Thanks for all the updates, comments and discussion on this forum. Your ceremony will be here in no time at all. Have a great weekend. Cheers, BritBrat.

GungaDin and CA_Guy, congrats on getting your OL. GungaDin, good job on documenting how long it's taking people to get OL after they interviewed before their eligibility date.... this is good info for future applicants. Also good to see that (as people predicted) the ceremony moved back to the Paramount in Oakland in March and will likely go back to SF in November.

For me, 5 more days until my ceremony. I bought a blue shirt and a red/white tie.... yes, very patriotic and very cheesy!:p I'll report on the ceremony afterwards. Thanks for all the updates, comments and discussion on this forum. Your ceremony will be here in no time at all. Have a great weekend. Cheers, BritBrat.

DID YOU GET YOUR INTERVIEW LETTER in person ? Can you share some info/experience here.......about the same which helps others

DID YOU GET YOUR INTERVIEW LETTER in person ? Can you share some info/experience here.......about the same which helps others

kruz_patz, this is the San Francisco thread so isn't really applicable to the Duluth, GA DO.
But do read on if you want to know if it is possible to get an interview letter via InfoPass (but only if you didn't get the Interview letter and your online status says that your case has been sent for standard review)

Last edited by a moderator:

:eek: Union Jack Colors at the US Citizenship Oath Ceremony???:eek:

Good Luck. Check out DesiBartender's USPS Passport delay comedy of errors story in the San Jose thread. I think I'm going to to submit my passport application at the Oath Ceremony.

Red, white and blue

:eek: Union Jack Colors at the US Citizenship Oath Ceremony???:eek:

Good Luck. Check out DesiBartender's USPS Passport delay comedy of errors story in the San Jose thread. I think I'm going to to submit my passport application at the Oath Ceremony.

:D LOL! I guess I'm representing both countries! One of my friends from England gave me Union Jack handkerchiefs for Christmas, so I guess I can at least dry my tears of joy and blow my nose at the ceremony :p

I'll check out the SJ passport thread. Seems like it is just easier to apply for the passport right then and there at the ceremony. I also heard that there are lots of political folks outside wanting you to sign up with their party to vote. Let the lobbying begin! ;)

Has anyone on this forum requested a different (earlier) OD from one he/she received ?If yes, what have there experiances been?

Resident Since Date: 03/22/05
DO: San Francisco,
12/22/09 (Day 1): Mailed
12/23/09 (Day 2): Priority Date
1/11/10 (Day 21): Date of Fingerprint Letter
1/13/10 (Day 23): Fingerprinted Walk-in
1/25/10 (Day 35): FP Date(Original Date)
2/1/10 (Day 42): Case transfered
2/2/10 (Day 43): Received IL
3/8/10 (Day 77): Interview Date
XX/XX/XX (Day XX): Oath
XX/XX/XX (Day XX): Applied for Passport @ SF,

Dress Code for the Oath Ceremony ?

Can anyone please let me know what is the dress code for the Oath Ceremony ? I have it on 2/18 at the Masonic center. Since it starts @ 1:45 PM, I want to work until Noon and then attend the Oath ceremony.

Dress Code for the Oath Ceremony ?

Can anyone please let me know what is the dress code for the Oath Ceremony ? I have it on 2/18 at the Masonic center. Since it starts @ 1:45 PM, I want to work until Noon and then attend the Oath ceremony.

As if you're going to a job interview...
Basically, business casual and up should do...

Last edited by a moderator:
Rfe/fp

Gurus

When i go online and check the status of my application it says RFE was mailed on 02/04. I got a letter requesting me to go for Finger printing. I was wondering if RFE and FP notice both were same as I have not recieved anything else in mail and it is been more than 10 days.

Gurus

When i go online and check the status of my application it says RFE was mailed on 02/04. I got a letter requesting me to go for Finger printing. I was wondering if RFE and FP notice both were same as I have not recieved anything else in mail and it is been more than 10 days.

yes...RFE is same as FP ..as far as I know...I too had recd. the similar notice.

N 400 form sent to phoenix via fedex. Check not cashed and no noa

Please folks have anyone experienced this kind of thing. It is up to 2 weeks now I sent my form via fedex to phoenix and was delivered the next day and was signed by J Estrada but I have not heard anything from them and the check not yet cashed. Is it possible they must have lost the form? And how long should I wait before I will send another form. Has anyone had this experience before?
In my previous dealings with USCIS they normally cashed the check quickly. This is an exception.

Please folks have anyone experienced this kind of thing. It is up to 2 weeks now I sent my form via fedex to phoenix and was delivered the next day and was signed by J Estrada but I have not heard anything from them and the check not yet cashed. Is it possible they must have lost the form? And how long should I wait before I will send another form. Has anyone had this experience before?
In my previous dealings with USCIS they normally cashed the check quickly. This is an exception.

Ikobi, call the 1-800 number on the USCIS website and ask them what you should do. They will normally ask for your case number, but since you don't have a case number yet you might want to give them your A#.

Good luck.

Today was the SF OC at the Masonic Center. 1264 people. it was a great experience. the person doing most of the speaking was nice and very funny and the fire dep. chief spoke etc.all in all awesome day! In particular in the SF bay area. the diversity. it's just a great place.

Same thing for my son - waiting for check to be cashed for 12 days now (app. delivered 2/8 Phoenix AZ, Estrada signed too). Glad to see that it probably is just slow - not something worse.

Today was the SF OC at the Masonic Center. 1264 people. it was a great experience. the person doing most of the speaking was nice and very funny and the fire dep. chief spoke etc.all in all awesome day! In particular in the SF bay area. the diversity. it's just a great place.

Yeah. I do agree with you sekkie. It was indeed an awesome day. There were newly sworn US citizens from 107 countries. The chief spoke about 7 different languages with ease. I was just thinking about my complete Immigration journey right from F1 to H1 to GC to Citizen. Long but a very rewarding journey.

I also dropped my Passport application soon after the Oath Ceremony.

Good Luck to all those waiting for their Oath Ceremony. Enjoy !!!