N-400 San Francisco timeline

Thanks BritBrat, going in tomorrow for my oath ceremony......I was wondering how many guest can I take, or can I even take any....I wish people who have been through can help me out on that.

Thanks Once again, and congratulations for getting your O/L..

Cheers!

Oath guests

Thanks BritBrat, going in tomorrow for my oath ceremony......I was wondering how many guest can I take, or can I even take any....I wish people who have been through can help me out on that.

Thanks Once again, and congratulations for getting your O/L.

Cheers!

Hi Lucky. I'm not exactly sure, but a few months back I did ask my friend who went to an Oakland Paramount Theatre ceremony in September. She said that there were no limits on guest numbers. I seem to remember seeing that same answer posted here somewhere. There is nothing in my paperwork that arrived today that states how many guests. I just looked at the document that was given to me upon check-in at my interview.... it says "Family and friends will need to take a seat on the 2nd floor in the balcony. Space is very limited. Children need not be present"..... i.e. space is limited, but no limits are given on guest numbers. I was hoping to take 5 guests, but now I'm wondering if that's feasible.

Please let us know how the ceremony goes tomorrow. Have a great time and congratulations. Cheers!

Sekkie, my oath letter arrived today in the mail for the 2/18 ceremony. Expect yours to arrive soon. Let us know when it does. If it does not arrive by early next week (e.g. Mon/Tues), set up an InfoPass appt at the SF office and ask them what the delay is. When I did that for my IL, they were very helpful and handed me a copy of the IL right there.

Good luck to all those attending tomorrows oath ceremony.

Cheers, BritBrat

Congrats BritBrat, You did make the 18th after all...

I just received my oath letter today for 18th feb at Masonic ! (11th jan interview in SF ) YAY ! exciting

Congrats BritBrat, You did make the 18th after all...

Thanks GungaDin. Hoping that they mail your OL out quickly too so you can make the SF ceremony. Wondering if it will move back to the Paramount in Oakland after the 2/18 ceremony.

Sekkie - congrats on getting your oath letter. :D

Congrats Sekkie on getting the Oath Letter. Are you planning to apply for the US passport soon after the Oath ceremony ?
I am planning to apply after the Oath ceremony but not sure how long it will take ?

Hello everyone, this is Citizen Lucky2888 reporting, I had filed(typed) a report but then I don't know what I did, it didn't post and with some alcohol in me after the celebration I was in no condition to type the whole report all over again, but now I am going to try it again so it can benefit all...

I and my friend who was nice enough to accompany me on this special day reached the Masonic Center at 12.05 parked our vehicle at Masonic's parking , had to shell out $ 30.00 for the convenience, then we took the elevators up to the auditorium level and when the doors opened I felt I was at weekend farmers market, the whole floor was hustling and bustling, could hear all the lanuguages spoken in this world, nobody had formed lines yet to get in , I guess all were just waiting and enjoying the moment with their loved ones, I and my buddy strolled around when we reached a booth an older couple asked me if I wanted to sign in for the Voters registration, which I did and infact signed it as an citizen before I had taken the oath, when I enquired with the older gentleman he explained its okay as it will be dated as the same day...so I went ahead and did it, was weird that they were trying to influence me to show my affiliation to a certain party , which I duly ignored and did what I wanted to do...here I would like to suggest that you can wait as during the ceremony the officials from the Voters registration will pass out the forms during the ceremony.
By now the lines had started forming,suddenly there was excitement in the air, there were 4 entrances next to each other and the IO were there to check if you had filled the back of the O/L and signed and will also check your Resident Card, there you were instructed to go to a specific door which were identified by the sections, section 1 was written on my O/L which was right across the entrance so I walked there and thats were my resident card and the O/L was taken and now the I was ushered in to the area and directed to sit in the designated area...I was seated next to a young lady who had driven from LA for the oath and was supposed to drive back after the ceremony as she had her school the next day.
The Ceremony started at 2.10pm and we were informed that in all there were 1275 people taking oath, there were cheers all over especially from the guest , lots of clapping and as we progressed there were few videos shown then some small speeches from the Guest speaker and announcemnets from the census , voters registration and passport office soon the national anthem was sung (I missed it , had to run to the loo)some more videos and then we were all asked to stand for the oath of allegiance , the oath/pledge and national anthem was printed on a page and was handed over to us with a small flag as we had entered...so we all repeated after the lady who had administered the oath, whole auditorium erupted after that as we were officially the US Citizens, then one of the new citizen was asked to come over on the stage to administer the pledge of allegiance, the selected person was a gentleman from India (Amit Kumar), once he finished we were shown a video from President Obama and thats when the ceremony was concluded...we were asked to sit as the IO's came and gave us the Certificates at our seats, as soon as I got I left immediately as I was not applying for the passport...
Drive back home was good and of course stopped at a place to enjoy chilled AMERICAN beer...

Once again Thank You all for your support and guidance...and Good-Luck to all who are waiting for their process to be over....

God Bless America

Congrats to all Jan 28 new citizens!

Hello everyone, this is Citizen Lucky2888 reporting, I had filed(typed) a report but then I don't know what I did, it didn't post and with some alcohol in me after the celebration I was in no condition to type the whole report all over again, but now I am going to try it again so it can benefit all...

I and my friend who was nice enough to accompany me on this special day reached the Masonic Center at 12.05 parked our vehicle at Masonic's parking , had to shell out $ 30.00 for the convenience, then we took the elevators up to the auditorium level and when the doors opened I felt I was at weekend farmers market, the whole floor was hustling and bustling, could hear all the lanuguages spoken in this world, nobody had formed lines yet to get in , I guess all were just waiting and enjoying the moment with their loved ones, I and my buddy strolled around when we reached a booth an older couple asked me if I wanted to sign in for the Voters registration, which I did and infact signed it as an citizen before I had taken the oath, when I enquired with the older gentleman he explained its okay as it will be dated as the same day...so I went ahead and did it, was weird that they were trying to influence me to show my affiliation to a certain party , which I duly ignored and did what I wanted to do...here I would like to suggest that you can wait as during the ceremony the officials from the Voters registration will pass out the forms during the ceremony.
By now the lines had started forming,suddenly there was excitement in the air, there were 4 entrances next to each other and the IO were there to check if you had filled the back of the O/L and signed and will also check your Resident Card, there you were instructed to go to a specific door which were identified by the sections, section 1 was written on my O/L which was right across the entrance so I walked there and thats were my resident card and the O/L was taken and now the I was ushered in to the area and directed to sit in the designated area...I was seated next to a young lady who had driven from LA for the oath and was supposed to drive back after the ceremony as she had her school the next day.
The Ceremony started at 2.10pm and we were informed that in all there were 1275 people taking oath, there were cheers all over especially from the guest , lots of clapping and as we progressed there were few videos shown then some small speeches from the Guest speaker and announcemnets from the census , voters registration and passport office soon the national anthem was sung (I missed it , had to run to the loo)some more videos and then we were all asked to stand for the oath of allegiance , the oath/pledge and national anthem was printed on a page and was handed over to us with a small flag as we had entered...so we all repeated after the lady who had administered the oath, whole auditorium erupted after that as we were officially the US Citizens, then one of the new citizen was asked to come over on the stage to administer the pledge of allegiance, the selected person was a gentleman from India (Amit Kumar), once he finished we were shown a video from President Obama and thats when the ceremony was concluded...we were asked to sit as the IO's came and gave us the Certificates at our seats, as soon as I got I left immediately as I was not applying for the passport...
Drive back home was good and of course stopped at a place to enjoy chilled AMERICAN beer...

Once again Thank You all for your support and guidance...and Good-Luck to all who are waiting for their process to be over....

God Bless America

Congratulations Lucky2888. I was there but was in section 7 -all the way to the left after entering the hall past the screeners.
Lucky2888 has pretty much described what the scene was like. I think the best part was the naturalization certificate handed to us while we were in our seats! <not another god damned line!>

I did the Ferry/Muni route and avoided the parking hassle etc. The whole ceremony took 2 hours.

Good luck to all waiting for their ID and OLs.

Congratulations Lucky2888. I was there but was in section 7 -all the way to the left after entering the hall past the screeners.
Lucky2888 has pretty much described what the scene was like. I think the best part was the naturalization certificate handed to us while we were in our seats! <not another god damned line!>

I did the Ferry/Muni route and avoided the parking hassle etc. The whole ceremony took 2 hours.

Good luck to all waiting for their ID and OLs.

Thanks Lucky and 94954. Great description of the ceremony. Looking forward to mine on 2/18. I'll post a description on the forum afterwards. Cheers, BritBrat

Update on my N-400 app
SF DO
5 Year Resident, Oath eligible 4/8/2010
-----------------------------

01/08/2010: Mailed N-400 via FedEx
01/11/2010: N-400 Delivered in Phoenix, AZ at 10:15AM signed by T EDLEMAN
01/14/2010: Check cashed
01/14/2010: NOA notice date
01/19/2010: NOA received. Priority date 01/13/2010
01/22/2010: RFE mailed
01/29/2010: RFE received
02/08/2010: FP Appointment

Update on my N-400 app
SF DO
5 Year Resident, Oath eligible 4/8/2010
-----------------------------

01/08/2010: Mailed N-400 via FedEx
01/11/2010: N-400 Delivered in Phoenix, AZ at 10:15AM signed by T EDLEMAN
01/14/2010: Check cashed
01/14/2010: NOA notice date
01/19/2010: NOA received. Priority date 01/13/2010
01/22/2010: RFE mailed
01/29/2010: RFE received
02/01/2010: FP done. Walk-in. :)
02/08/2010: Original FP Appointment
xx/xx/xxxx: IL received

I did put OTHER as well since I applied in under the 4 years 9 months rule and my interview date will be 3 days before my 5 years anniversary. I am nervous about it. Anyone has the same experience in SFO?

If you mean that you applied after the (5years - 90 days) date, then even if your interview is before 5 yrs period it should be fine. I applied 2-3 days after when I was eligible to apply (5yrs- 90days) and interviewed 12 days before my 5 yrs and passed the interview.
But my application could not be approved at that time due to 5 yr rule. I was told to wait until 5 years are complete and then expect to receive the Oath letter shortly after that. I am waiting for my OL.

Yeah. My GC date was 2/28/05 and I sent my N-400 on 12/5/09 and they cashed my check on the 12/7/09. I guess I would have to tell them to change the OTHER to 5 years during the inital interview. Thanks ca_guy! Hope you can get the OL soon.

If you mean that you applied after the (5years - 90 days) date, then even if your interview is before 5 yrs period it should be fine. I applied 2-3 days after when I was eligible to apply (5yrs- 90days) and interviewed 12 days before my 5 yrs and passed the interview.
But my application could not be approved at that time due to 5 yr rule. I was told to wait until 5 years are complete and then expect to receive the Oath letter shortly after that. I am waiting for my OL.

Yup! Lots of us waiting for Oath Letters because we were interviewed before our eligibility dates. BritBrat got his Oath letter about 12 days after his Eligibility Date, I'll update my Signature when I get mine and if CA_GUY enters/updates his signature when his OL arrives, we may have a decent estimate of how long it takes to get an OL after you become eligible.

Here's my timeline so far..

10/31/2009 N-400 Sent
11/02/2009 N-400 reached
11/06/2009 check cashed
11/05/2009 Priority Date
11/12/2009 Received receipt
11/13/2009 RFE (email recd)
11/17/2009 FP notice sent
11/20/2009 FP notice recd.
11/23/2009 Walk-in FP denied (Oakland)
12/03/2009 FP done (as scheduled)
12/10/2009 Case transferred to a local office for an interview
12/14/2009 IL received
01/14/2010 ID - passed but not eligible for oath.
01/26/2010 5 Oath Eligible
02(hopefully)/XX/2010 - OL

SF DO March 10, 2010 Oath Ceremony is in Oakland.

I received my Oath letter today. March 10th Paramount Theater, Oakland.

For the SF DO people who were interviewed before their naturalization eligibility dates and received a 'decision cannot be made', we now have 2 people (BritBrat is the other) who received their Oath letters approx 12 days after they became eligible for Naturalization.
CA_GUY, did you receive your oath letter yet?