N-400 San Francisco timeline

update N400 time line SFDO

This forum has been very helpful for me, Thankyou to everybody posted here.

SFDO.

10-07-2009 App. sent
10-14-2009 NOA
11-10-2009 FP. done
11-25-2009 IL
12-22-2009 Interview Date .( passed for recommended approval )
01-27-2010 Oath Letter
02-18-2010 Oath date . ( masonic center )

Last edited by a moderator:
Herbst Theater Citizens.... good luck

Good luck to all those attending the Angel Island celebration oath ceremony at the Herbst Theater tomorrow. Let us know how the special event goes. Cheers, BB

Good luck to all those attending the Angel Island celebration oath ceremony at the Herbst Theater tomorrow. Let us know how the special event goes. Cheers, BB

I'll post a recap tomorrow night... (i've got a passport appointment immediately after the ceremony since I'm traveling to Europe on Friday night... so I'll give you an update on both processes.) Good luck to all. :D :D :D

Good-Luck!

I'll post a recap tomorrow night... (i've got a passport appointment immediately after the ceremony since I'm traveling to Europe on Friday night... so I'll give you an update on both processes.) Good luck to all. :D :D :D

Mohu: Good-Luck and enjoy it...

Passport appointment? which location?

US CITIZEN FINALLY!!!!!!! Herbst Theater Experience....

Mohu: Good-Luck and enjoy it...

Passport appointment? which location?

So here's my experience for yesterday's oath ceremony... 109 days from my application receipt date...

It was raining pretty hard... parked at the lot nearby and walked over to the Theater... people were milling about waiting for check-in – they told us to be there by 9am for 10am ceremony. Before I checked in, a woman went over the checklist on the oath letter with me, and then when I checked in at the table (tables were separated by last name) they gave my my naturalization certificate and a packet containing some booklets, a copy of the constitution and declaration of independence and a US flag. They also gave us red carnations to wear and asked us to wave the flags after the oath.

We went into the auditorium and they seated all the citizens-to-be together. I sat on an aisle because I needed to rush to the regional passport office right afterwards.

The program began on time... we had quite a few introductions since it was a shared event with the Angel Island ceremony. Then came the speakers... It sounded like a few people were 'replacement' speakers due to illness or unavailability. Some of them were good... some not so much. There was a reading of poetry from the walls of Angel Island, which was really beautiful... a nice way to set the tone and then the Oath Ceremony began.

There was a presentation of the colors (flag ceremony) and also someone singing the National Anthem. After that, a gentleman from USCIS gave a short speech and he introduced all the oath takers' countries. They asked everyone to stand up when their country was called out. (It was 44 countries). Then he administered the oath to us and POW!!!! we were now US Citizens. It was a very emotional experience.

After that a 9th Circuit Federal judge spoke and she was quite funny and a very good speaker. Told a funny Bertold Brecht story. Then they gave an award to an outstanding US citizen, (Dr. Jeffrey So) for his work on Hepatits B and Liver Cancer. Dr So led us in a recitation of the pledge of allegiance and then we watched a video message from President Obama... and then it was over.

After the ceremony was over, I rushed across the city to my 12:00 appointment at the Regional Passport office (at 95 Hawthorne Street in SF). That was a very easy process. Walked in, (through metal detectors (like the airport)) and I was given a number at the first window... 2 minutes later, my number was called and they collected my application and fees. They told me to return at 3pm same day to collect the new passport. I came back at 3pm and 5 minutes later I walked out with my brand new US Passport.

Good luck to all... I will be happy to share any information or advice I can moving forward and will check in here on the boards from time to time. Peace and happiness to all. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Congratulations!!

So here's my experience for yesterday's oath ceremony... 109 days from my application receipt date...

It was raining pretty hard... parked at the lot nearby and walked over to the Theater... people were milling about waiting for check-in – they told us to be there by 9am for 10am ceremony. Before I checked in, a woman went over the checklist on the oath letter with me, and then when I checked in at the table (tables were separated by last name) they gave my my naturalization certificate and a packet containing some booklets, a copy of the constitution and declaration of independence and a US flag. They also gave us red carnations to wear and asked us to wave the flags after the oath.

We went into the auditorium and they seated all the citizens-to-be together. I sat on an aisle because I needed to rush to the regional passport office right afterwards.

The program began on time... we had quite a few introductions since it was a shared event with the Angel Island ceremony. Then came the speakers... It sounded like a few people were 'replacement' speakers due to illness or unavailability. Some of them were good... some not so much. There was a reading of poetry from the walls of Angel Island, which was really beautiful... a nice way to set the tone and then the Oath Ceremony began.

There was a presentation of the colors (flag ceremony) and also someone singing the National Anthem. After that, a gentleman from USCIS gave a short speech and he introduced all the oath takers' countries. They asked everyone to stand up when their country was called out. (It was 44 countries). Then he administered the oath to us and POW!!!! we were now US Citizens. It was a very emotional experience.

After that a 9th Circuit Federal judge spoke and she was quite funny and a very good speaker. Told a funny Bertold Brecht story. Then they gave an award to an outstanding US citizen, (Dr. Jeffrey So) for his work on Hepatits B and Liver Cancer. Dr So led us in a recitation of the pledge of allegiance and then we watched a video message from President Obama... and then it was over.

After the ceremony was over, I rushed across the city to my 12:00 appointment at the Regional Passport office (at 95 Hawthorne Street in SF). That was a very easy process. Walked in, (through metal detectors (like the airport)) and I was given a number at the first window... 2 minutes later, my number was called and they collected my application and fees. They told me to return at 3pm same day to collect the new passport. I came back at 3pm and 5 minutes later I walked out with my brand new US Passport.

Good luck to all... I will be happy to share any information or advice I can moving forward and will check in here on the boards from time to time. Peace and happiness to all. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Congratulaions!!!!!!!! enjoy it.

Update on N-400 timeline

01/04/10: N-400 Mailed to Phoenix
01/05/10: N-400 received in Phoenix
01/07/10: Notice date
01/09/10: Cash checked
01/15/10: NOA received[/QUOTE]
01/22/10: FP letter received
02/02/2010: FP date
xxx

03/28/2010: Eligibility date

Hi Mohu
can you tell us how you got the passport within a day? Did you simply schedule the appointment with the passport office, showed them the plane ticket and you were ok? Did you tell them in advance that you needed the passport the same day or did you just tell them when you got there?
Congrats!

Update on my N-400 app
SF DO
5 Year Resident, Oath eligible 4/8/2010
-----------------------------

01/08/2010: Mailed N-400 via FedEx
01/11/2010: N-400 Delivered in Phoenix, AZ at 10:15AM signed by T EDLEMAN
01/14/2010: Check cashed
01/14/2010: NOA notice date
01/19/2010: NOA received. Priority date 01/13/2010
01/22/2010: RFE mailed
01/XX/2010: RFE received

Hi Mohu
can you tell us how you got the passport within a day? Did you simply schedule the appointment with the passport office, showed them the plane ticket and you were ok? Did you tell them in advance that you needed the passport the same day or did you just tell them when you got there?
Congrats!

Hey Jetzt...
I just made the appointment (you have to call 14 days before your travel date... you can't call earlier otherwise they won't give you an appointment)... I filled out the forms beforehand and then just took them into the office with me... When I got to the window to hand in my application, they looked at my ticket (which was for next day at 5pm) and offered to have passport done by next day by 12 noon... I told them I was worried about that since TSA wants the passport number for each traveler before the flight... so they said "Yeah, you are right..." and then asked if I could return at 3pm same day to pickup the passport... that was it... they definitely check your ticket or itinerary... I didn't speak to anyone before the appointment... they were very nice and very helpful... they are definitely trying to make life easier...

Herbst Theater Oath Ceremony

The ceremony was really a memorable one.
Mohu has already described how it went. One thing I wanted to add to that. After your oath ceremony you can drop off your passport application. However, over here we didn't have that option. Since I want my passport fast (not as fast as Mohu), I walked over to the nearest Post Office. Over there I was told that I needed to stand in the line just to be able to make an appointment to drop off my application. Since, the line was really long I decided to go back.
I made a few phone calls and everywhere the first available appointment was after 3 weeks. Luckily I was able to go to this Post Office which was open on a Saturday and took in walk-ins.
It costs more to drop off your application at the post office as opposed to dropping it off at the ceremony!

For those being sworn in - my advice to you is just apply at the ceremony. It's hassle free and is cheaper.

Hi joKing,
Thanks for sharing the info about the Passport application. My Oath is at the Masonic center and I am planning to drop off the Passport application soon after the Oath ceremony. But will there be a long line for submitting the passport application or do we have to just drop off the packet with the applciation in it ?

I know if we go to the post office, it takes atleast 20 minutes even if we have an appointment.

Dublinguy,

I really do not know how it works at the Oath Ceremony as we did not have this option at my time. Maybe someone else can fill you in on this.
At the post office it took no more than 5 minutes.

Good Luck

for folks in SFO : anyone with interview in january receive an oath letter yet ? I had my interview 2 weeks ago, 1/11 and waiting for oath letter(hopefully). curious if others have had interview around that time in SF and already received a letter.
thanks!

for folks in SFO : anyone with interview in january receive an oath letter yet ? I had my interview 2 weeks ago, 1/11 and waiting for oath letter(hopefully). curious if others have had interview around that time in SF and already received a letter.
thanks!

Sekkie, I interviewed the first week in Jan, and wasn't eligible until the following week based on 5-yr LPR. I was told to expect the letter 2-4 weeks after eligibility, which is this week. So, expecting the letter some time in the next two weeks. I'll post on this forum when it arrives.

Hi sekkie,
I interviewed on Jan 11 just like you. Last week I got the Oath letter which is scheduled for Feb 18 @ 1:45 PM at the Masonic Center. You amy receive the Oath letter this week. Some times there are postal delays.

thanks - looking forward to it ! I read that they don't update the case status so I will just have to wait .

No rain in the forecast tomorrow for Jan 28 oath ceremony

Congrats to all becoming citizens tomorrow at Masonic ceremony. I can't wait to close this chapter and am looking forward to <less> profiling, random searches, routine secondary inspection at the immigration on return to US etc ... -notice my emphasis on <less> as the US passport will still state my 'defamed' country of birth :)

OL arrived

thanks!

Sekkie, my oath letter arrived today in the mail for the 2/18 ceremony. Expect yours to arrive soon. Let us know when it does. If it does not arrive by early next week (e.g. Mon/Tues), set up an InfoPass appt at the SF office and ask them what the delay is. When I did that for my IL, they were very helpful and handed me a copy of the IL right there.

Good luck to all those attending tomorrows oath ceremony.

Cheers, BritBrat