N-400 San Francisco timeline

Finally recd. wife's OL

Recd. wife's OL today for 7th Jan. We both had our interviews (passed) on 11/17. I recd. the OL on 11/20 for 12/17. My 2nd level approval was done on 11/17 itself but hers didn't come in until 12/02 for some reason. Had taken an infopass on 12/02 to try if she could be scheduled for 12/17 also but they kept saying that it was difficult to locate individual cases and requesting by mail to have both our oaths on the same day could potentially delay mine without knowing when her's would be scheduled. Bummer!

Don't know if we can now get her's also on 12/17 or if I should postpone mine until 01/07? Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Shocking!!!

I'm impressed with USCIS. (especially as my GC was stuck for 3 yrs in Name check)
My interview letter was generated on 12/09 - exactly one month from my Priority date.

Wow!!!

Looks like there are few you us waiting for the O/L... I was interviewed on the 7th of Dec, looks like people interviewed on Nov 30th hasn't received their letters yet either, so assuming mine should be coming after another week or so...Jan 7th is one of the swearing in date, hope to make that one.

Wait time for IL

Filed N400 in October. Fingerprints done on appt date (turned away from walk-in) at Oakland. Received an email 3 weeks ago to say that my N400 case had been transferred to local office (SF) and have not received IL yet. I see from this forum that some folks receive the letter the same day, others a few days later, one person a month later. Now starting to get worried that it's lost in the mail. What's the best thing to do in this case? Call USCIS 1-800 #? Or is there a SF office # that I should call. Advice appreciated.

Make an infopass asap. Or call 1800 and ask to be transfered to the officer and ask him your ID.

I just called the 1-800 #... the customer agent said that I need to wait until the office processing time has passed (5 month) before they can do anything. I asked if that meant I would have to wait until May 2010 to find out that my IL was possibly lost in the mail in December 2009. He said that they don't show anything being mailed out yet, although it wasn't clear that he had access to the SF office info or just the national info, and I was not transferred to the SF office. I have a problem waiting 5 months to hear from the SF office since I work with an ex-Brit who applied 2 months before me and took only 3 months from application to oath at the SJ office.

If I make an InfoPass appt, will that replace my interview, or will that simply be an appt to find out whether they mailed something or not?

Thanks for your advice. BB

Hello BritBrat,

You should call USCIS and speak to a second level IO. just call 1800 no. choose option 1 , 2 and then 3. you will be directed to cust. ser. rep. Ask him/her to transfer to second level IO. sometimes they will not tranfer so try to call again. Sometimes even the second level IO will not give you any information and give standard answer like wait 90 days. You have to keep trying. Second level IO will have all the information about ur case. They will even tell you when your interview letter was mailed. If you did not get answer you should keep trying. I called the second level IO all the time to get updates on my case.

Good luck to you

I just called the 1-800 #... the customer agent said that I need to wait until the office processing time has passed (5 month) before they can do anything. I asked if that meant I would have to wait until May 2010 to find out that my IL was possibly lost in the mail in December 2009. He said that they don't show anything being mailed out yet, although it wasn't clear that he had access to the SF office info or just the national info, and I was not transferred to the SF office. I have a problem waiting 5 months to hear from the SF office since I work with an ex-Brit who applied 2 months before me and took only 3 months from application to oath at the SJ office.

If I make an InfoPass appt, will that replace my interview, or will that simply be an appt to find out whether they mailed something or not?

Thanks for your advice. BB

PIO card or Indian Visa

Anyone Know which is quicker Getting a PIO card or Just going and getting a Indian Visa???

As per Indian Consulate SFO website, PIO card takes 15 days; and

Question: What is the process to get a visa same day?
Answer: Same day visa applications must be submitted in person to the Outsourcing Office between 9:00am and 11:00am. Pickup for same day applications is usually between 5:30pm and 6:00 pm. Note that we do not guarantee the visa will be issued same day. Non-US citizens and US citizens who require a reference have a processing time of 4-6 working days. Applications received after 11:00am will have the visa issued the following working day for non-reference cases. Non-refundable tickets or reservations should not be purchased until all visas and passports are secured and in your possession.

Hello BritBrat,

You should call USCIS and speak to a second level IO. just call 1800 no. choose option 1 , 2 and then 3. you will be directed to cust. ser. rep. Ask him/her to transfer to second level IO. sometimes they will not tranfer so try to call again. Sometimes even the second level IO will not give you any information and give standard answer like wait 90 days. You have to keep trying. Second level IO will have all the information about ur case. They will even tell you when your interview letter was mailed. If you did not get answer you should keep trying. I called the second level IO all the time to get updates on my case.

Good luck to you

Thanks SF2009 and WantMyGCNow. I called the 1-800 # back again, spoke to a very nice lady who gave me clearer information. She admitted that the the guy I spoke to earlier in the day who told me to wait 5 months for the IL would not have even been able to see if my IL had been mailed. She asked her supervisor, who in-turn told me that ILs are normally received within 2 weeks of email notification (although they don't guarantee 2 weeks). She suggested I make an InfoPass appt (which I had already done based on your advice). So, I'm off to SF tomorrow to see what the deal is. Lots of available InfoPass appts available when I checked this morning. I'll post here again tomorrow when I have more information. Until then, thanks again for the advice. BTW, WantMyGCNow, I filed within a few days of you. Cheers, BB

Today I passed my interview and recommended for approval.
- Arrived at 1:55
- Called by officer at 2:25 (though scheduled for 2:10)
- Nice Lady Officer ask me to took the Oath.
- Then told me "Take the test first since it is nerve wreking"
- Asked to read the Sentence "In which state most people live"
- Asked to write "Most people live in california"
- Asked six Questions:
1) What is one right or freedom from the First Amendment?
2) Who is the in charge of executive branch?
3) Four amendments to the Constitution about who can vote, Describe one?
4) What is the one reason colonist came to America?
5) During the cold war what was the main concern of the United States?
6) If the president can no longer serve, who becomes President?
- Told that I passed the test.
- After that went through the application thoroughly
- In the end congratulated me with letter saying "Recommended for approval".

Do you guys know how long it takes to get the Oath Letter. There is an Oath scheduled for January.

Interview TimeLine

Can anybody there please clear my question about the minimum time required for the Interview Date ? Do we have to complete 5 Years of residency on the Interview date or is it the Oath date where they look at the 5 Yrs residency ?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks SF2009 and WantMyGCNow. I called the 1-800 # back again, spoke to a very nice lady who gave me clearer information. She admitted that the the guy I spoke to earlier in the day who told me to wait 5 months for the IL would not have even been able to see if my IL had been mailed. She asked her supervisor, who in-turn told me that ILs are normally received within 2 weeks of email notification (although they don't guarantee 2 weeks). She suggested I make an InfoPass appt (which I had already done based on your advice). So, I'm off to SF tomorrow to see what the deal is. Lots of available InfoPass appts available when I checked this morning. I'll post here again tomorrow when I have more information. Until then, thanks again for the advice. BTW, WantMyGCNow, I filed within a few days of you. Cheers, BB

Went to SF office this morning... seems there was an issue in communication between the national and SF office. The lady at the desk was very friendly and after having me wait an hour while she investigated, came back to me with an IL, scheduled for just after the new year. I have to say, each time I've been into the USCIS offices (OAK and SF) for LPR and N400, they have been very nice and helpful. Thanks again SF2009 and WantMyGCNow for suggesting the InfoPass route. Cheers, BB

Interview TimeLine

Can anybody there please clear my question about the minimum time required for the Interview Date ? Do we have to complete 5 Years of residency on the Interview date or is it the Oath date where they look at the 5 Yrs residency ?

Thanks in advance.

My upcoming interview date is a few days before my 5-year date. I'd read in another post that it can be up to 1 week before for them to approve.

Thanks BritBrat. I just wanted to confirm. I always thought that by Oath date we should have completed 5 Yrs residency coz only after we take the Oath, one is a USC completely.

5 Year Requirement

Interview TimeLine

Thanks in advance.

I have same case, I was interviewed on Nov 9th one week before my five year and I passed my test but still I am waiting for my Oath latter. I called USCIS couple of times but they asked me to wait for 90 days.

So may be in your case, it depend upon officer mood, he can give you test result N-652 form same time or may select continue and will issue oath letter later.

As I have read couple of cases, in this type of cases, they always take time because my friend was interviewed week after me and he got his oath latter.

Thanks
Dev

Case takes time in approval when interviewed before 5 year.

Can some one please let me know if you have same experience, I was interviewed on Nov 9th just before one week of my five year completion, I passed the test and officer was really nice that she gave me test result but so far, I didn't receive my oath letter and I called USCIS several time but same answer to wait for 90 days.

DO : San Francisco
08/21/09 : N-400 - Phoenix
08/21/09 : PD
09/17/09 : FP Notice Received
10/06/09 : IL letter received
11/09/09 : Passed intervied and case send for approval

Waiting for Oath letter: