N-400 San Francisco timeline

HanHan,

I decided to just go do my FP on the appointment date. Just finished it with no issues. Let's keep in touch. Let me know when you get your interview letter - I'll do the same.

N-400: Received 09-21-09
N-400: NOA Date 09-25-09
N-400: NOA Received 09-30-09
N-400: Received FP Notice 10-05-09
N-400: FP completed 10-21-09

MohanP, Please Keep me posted

MohanP

Hey MohanP,

Thanks for the update. I hope we will get the IL soon my friend!! Getting impatience here:). I will let you know when received.....

Thanks

HanHan,

I decided to just go do my FP on the appointment date. Just finished it with no issues. Let's keep in touch. Let me know when you get your interview letter - I'll do the same.

N-400: Received 09-21-09
N-400: NOA Date 09-25-09
N-400: NOA Received 09-30-09
N-400: Received FP Notice 10-05-09
N-400: FP completed 10-21-09

My Interview

I had my interview today. I was promptly called 5 minutes before the interview. The IO went through each and every part of my application, asked me to verify and took notes on the same application.

She also noticed that I left my sponsoring company before getting green card using AC-21. She asked me to why I left the sponsoring company. I answered for "growth". She noted that down in the application.

She also verified my travels outside of united states by verifying the stamps on the passport.

I did not mention traffic ticket (speeding) on my application. During the interview, she asked whether I have any citation. I told her about my speeding ticket and she noted down in the application.

She did not ask for any document/proof other than DL, GC, Passport and interview letter.

The following are the interview quesionts:

1. What is an amendment?
2. Who vetoes the bill
3. Which country America fouught in WWII?
4. To who I make allegience when I take the oath
5, Capital of my state
6. dont remember the 6th qn

Writing:

The white House is in Washington DC

Reading

Capitol of united states is Washington DC.

The interview and the test took about 25 minutes. She finally congratulated me and asked to wait outside for Oath letter.

After 15 mins, I got the oath letter for Nov 5h at 1:45 PM

-----------------------------------------

DO: San Francisco

7/15/09: N400 Mailed AZ, Phoenix
7/16/09: Recipt Date/Priority Date
7/20/09: Notice Date
7/21/09: Check cashed
7/24/09: NOA received
7/27/09: FP notice date
7/30/09: FP notice received
7/31/09: FP Done (Walk-in), APPT Was (8/12)
10/21/09: Interview, Passed
11/05/09: Oath

what telephone number/menu options to use to talk to an IO?

Hello everyone,

I posted this a few days ago, but I didn't get a response. So, I'm sending it out again. Can someone please provide me with answer?

Question: What telephone number do I need to call to be able to talk to an Immigration Officer about the status of my case at the SF district office? What exact options do I need to pick on the IVR menu to avoid automated response?

Thanks in advance.

Fredthered.

I have to say yes. Because I did not receive OL, I called uscis and 2nd level IO even told me no oath letter was sent for me, but today I got it. So, hope is there and they are still mailing. I am now positive that all pending cases will be sent OL.

I got my OL but wife didn't get it yet. Both of us were interviewed on same date 10/14 and both of us passed the test. I wanted to take oath same day. Anyone in same boat? My OD is on 11/5 at 1:45 at SFO.

I got my OL but wife didn't get it yet. Both of us were interviewed on same date 10/14 and both of us passed the test. I wanted to take oath same day. Anyone in same boat? My OD is on 11/5 at 1:45 at SFO.

Keep your hopes high! I am in the same boat and expecting oath letter soon. My wife already got oath letter and her oath ceremony will be on 10/30 at 1:45 pm.

Hi All,
Interviews for me and my wife in SF today @ 10:30am. Got approved, oath on 11/5 @ 1:45pm. I know few folks who also have got an oath for 11/7 @ 1:45pm.

Smooth process, mid-july was when I submitted my N400 packet.

Cheers N Good Luck

10/02/09 : N-400 Mailed to Phoenix
10/03/09 : N-400 received at 11:00
10/05/09 : RD
10/07/09 : PD
10/13/09 : Check Cashed
10/13/09 : NOA Received
10/22/09 : FP Notice Received
??/??/09 : Walkin FP done
11/13/09 : FP Date @ San Jose - Charcot Ave.
??/??/?? : Interview Letter Received
??/??/?? : Interview Date Passed
??/??/?? : Oath Letter recieved
??/??/?? : Oath Date US Citizen (done)
??/??/?? : PP applied
??/??/?? : PP Received

Status Update In Signature....

So yesterday I got my FP appointment letter in the mail. Of course, the appointment is on a day when I must travel for work... (somehow I knew this would happen).

I know that if I try to reschedule the date it will only delay the process, so I will try to do a walk-in FP today or maybe next week... I will let you all know how it goes... I will try to throw myself on the mercy of the guard at the door and maybe he will be nice and let me in :) (keep your fingers crossed for me)

Congratulations to all who received their OL... I am very happy for all of you (after all the waiting) and very excited to follow in your footsteps (as well as a little jealous). :D

All,

Quick update...I finally received my Oath Letter today, Friday Oct 23 (dated Oct 21). Oath Ceremony is on Thursday Nov 5 at 1:45pm at Masonic Auditorium.

See full time below.

May 6, 2009: Mailed Application
May 8, 2009: Application Received by USCIS in Phoenix, AZ
May 8, 2009: Receive Date / Priority Date
May 13, 2009: Notice Date I-797C
May 15, 2009: $675 Check Deposited
June 2, 2009: Biometrics Notice Date
June 18, 2009: Biometrics Appointment
July 23, 2009: Naturalization Interview Notice
Sept 02, 2009: Naturalization Interview
Sept 02, 2009: Passed Interview; Pending Final approval
Oct 23, 2009: Received Oath Letter
Nov 5, 2009: Oath Ceremony date

Quick question:
I'm assuming that Form 445-Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony and my current Green Card are the only two things I need to bring to the oath ceremony. Is that correct?

Thanks for all the good info in this forum and good luck to everyone.

Fredthered

Yellogem,

Looks like you are not alone... I had my Interview on 09/02 and I passed. But since I was going to be out of town on 09/23, I told the Immigration Officer to push it to the next available oath date. I still have not received my Oath Letter. Below is my timeline...

May 6, 2009: Mailed Application
May 8, 2009: Application Received by USCIS in Phoenix, AZ
May 8, 2009: Receive Date / Priority Date
May 13, 2009: Notice Date I-797C
May 15, 2009: $675 Check Deposited
June 2, 2009: Biometrics Notice Date
June 18, 2009: Biometrics Appointment
July 23, 2009: Naturalization Interview Notice
Sept 02, 2009: Naturalization Interview
Sept 02, 2009: Passed Interview; Pending Final approval and awaiting Oath letter.
xxxx yy zzzz: Received Oath Letter

Regards,
FredTheRed.

I'm assuming that Form 445-Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony and my current Green Card are the only two things I need to bring to the oath ceremony. Is that correct?

Can I take my Cell Phone also during the Oath Cenremony? My Cell is my office and I need to be in touch with my team duing Oath Ceremony. Please let me know if that is allowed or not?

FP Walk In DONE!... Experience below

I received an FP notice for a date when I am going to be out of town and I was worried about delaying response by asking for a new date, so I went to the FP office in Oakland yesterday. (Friday)

I went around 2pm and there was no 'official' guard, just a man in civilian clothes sitting at the desk. I explained my situation to him and he was very nice and helpful. He told me that they do not do ANY walk-in FP on any days EXCEPT Wednesday and Saturday... but beginning October 30th they will be closed on Saturdays. Anyway, he asked to see my FP appointment letter and then he crossed out the old appointment date and wrote the date for today (10/24/09) and signed his name and wrote approved next to new date.

I went in today (Saturday 10/24) and there was a uniformed guard at the same desk. He took the letter and let me in... all in all very fast process... maybe 15 minutes total from walking in building to leaving.

Signature updated with status.

Good luck everyone. :D

As far as my interview....
It was scheduled at 10:55AM at the San Francisco office. I arrived there approximately around 10:15 and waited till 11:15ish before the officer called for me. It was a nice lady. Since I'm 18 and never left the US, my interview was very fast. She went over my application in less than 3 minutes since I have no IRS tax papers, travel documents, or marriage papers she needed to review. She asked me a few of the civics questions and read "Whats in Washington D.C?" and write down "The White House is in Washington D.C." Last but not least she asked for my Drivers license, Green Card, and Passport. I gave her the Drivers license and Green Card, but didn't have a passport because I came to this Country as a refugee. She didn't seem to mind and just asked one last question before the interview concluded. She asked if I wanted to change my name, and I said yes and if she can remove my middle name. She did that and it was all over. She informed me I was done with the interview and to wait outside for my Oath Ceremony paper, joyful that my journey was one step closer I waited an extra 10-15minutes and I was on my way home by 12:10PM. All in all it was a much faster process then I expected. I felt overly prepared for everything because I had brought all sorts of unnecessary documents. In addition I had a mistake on the spelling of my middle name on my Green Card, but the officer didn't mind at all. I can now say the journey that began on June 24, 2004 with my Green Card application has almost concluded with a Citizenship after 5 years!!! For those that are beginning or in the middle of this journey DO NOT give up no matter what and just be patient. If you have to get your Green Card or Citizenship through other means such as court orders then please pursue all the possible avenues!!! JUST NEVER GIVE UP and SEEK advise and resources from others and use good judgment!!! I WISH EVERYONE THE BEST OF LUCK!!!

Hello ALL,
I'm VERY gratefully to all that have helped me through this complicated and at times very frustrating immigration process. Although, not everyone was directly involved, just leaving comments on this site was enough to help me and many others. It took 5 years to get my Green Card, however, after learning about this site and utilizing the information I gathered I was able to make my Citizenship a smoother process. It took me ONLY 118 days from the day I mailed in the application to the day I will have my Oath Ceremony! If it all goes well it took a total of less than 4 months. Once again, it was all because of the active participants on this wonderful site. Although, my immigration journey will officially end on Nov. 5, 2009, I will always visit this site and I hope others do the same. If there is any question I can answer or a participant I can help I will be more then happy to do so. Please feel free to e-mail me. However, please keep in mind I'm a full time student and NOT a LAWYER!!!
Once again, THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!

Congratulations Ethio9

Sounds like a happy ending to a long journey! All the best to you in your life as a USC.

Any update??!!

did any one applied around september 22nd and have an interview date yet??? If so please let us know

Update

JUST GOT MY INTERVIEW LETTER, UPDATING MY TIMELINE
My Timeline
07/27/09 Mailed N-400
07/30/09 NOA
08/13/09 Received FP notice
08/20/09 FP done(called FBI, said FP report sent back the same day)
09/01/09: Called 800 number to find out the status, the 2nd level rep said file in queue for an interview can take upto 3 months to get an interview date.
09/17/09 online status updated to " sent for standard interview"
09/21/09 Received IL
10/26/09 IL Scheduled

So I just came back from my interview, I passed. The officer approved me Pending Final approval, will receive an oath letter.
My Timeline
07/27/09 Mailed N-400
07/30/09 NOA
08/13/09 Received FP notice
08/20/09 FP done(called FBI, said FP report sent back the same day)
09/01/09: Called 800 number to find out the status, the 2nd level rep said file in queue for an interview can take upto 3 months to get an interview date.
09/17/09 online status updated to " sent for standard interview"
09/21/09 Received IL
10/26/09 IL Scheduled
10/26/09 IL PASSED, Pending final approval will get an oath letter
xx/xx/09 Oath