N-400 San Francisco timeline

My wife and I both had our Interview on Oct 9th. I have my oath scheduled for nov 20 and got the letter on oct 25th. However, we have not recvd. anything for her. Should I be concerned or should I just wait ?

Thx

Added later -

My wife did get her oath letter later. She has hers on Dec 4th though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say, wait for some time. If nothing comes till 10th Nov, get infopass. Calling 800 number will not result any thing (this was discussed in another thread, same situation).

PD from May, FD from June, waiting for IL

There were couple of people with PDs earlier than May, just wondering if they received ILs.

finally saw the checks being cashed, although uscis still says they are processing Aug 6.
Mail Date: 08/21/07
Checks Cashed: 10/29/07

finally saw the checks being cashed, although uscis still says they are processing Aug 6.
Mail Date: 08/21/07
Checks Cashed: 10/29/07

I have similar dates and my check as cashed earlier than expected as well. I am not complaining. Hope this continues for the rest of the process!

Just to update for my mother case

N400- Mailed 6/18/2007
Recieved:7/6/2007
PD:6/28/2007
FP Done :8/10/2007, FP failed (she is 74) second time, 8/26/2007, went before scheduled date at oakland they accepted it :)
Interview: 11/30/2007

My Father:
PD: 5/10/2007
FP: Not required (75+)
Interview: 9/13/2007
Oath:10/23/2007
Passport: 11/7/2007

BTW, passport is very quick now a days, if you apply expedite service after Oath, it takes 7-8 days. If you apply in Post Office with regular service it takes 15-17 days.

Another person I know,

Interview: 10/31/2007
Oath : 12/4/2007

Hope this help someone.

Hi

My PD is 7/6 anyone around this PD has recieved Interview Letter?. Closeloops did you recieve your IL?.

Thank you

Yes I received my IL in the mail on 10/20/07. You should be receiving yours anytime from now.

07/24/07 Received FP notice
08/7/07 FP Done at Oakland [Appointment was 08/7]
10/18/07 Interview Notice sent
10/20/07 Received IL in mail

Looks like the last batch of ILs were sent out on Oct 18th with interviews for PDs prior to July 2nd. My PD is likely July 6th (and like other folks, the online status says its July 11th for some reason).

Two things
- I remember reading somewhere that they send IL in batches every 2 weeks, since it's 9th already, it probably implies that duration has increased now?
- I also remember someone quoting that the online status first disappears and a few days later they get their IL. If that is true, that means my IL is still not scheduled :(

So near, yet so far :(
--------------
7/5/2007 - Sent application by Fedex
7/6/2007 - Received by USCIS
7/11/2007 - Check cashed
??? - Priority Date
7/24/2007 - Notice Date
7/27/2007 - Receipt Notice I-797C Received by me
7/30/2007 - Received FP Notice for Aug 11th 2007 by me
8/11/2007 - Finger Printing at Oakland
?? - Received Interview Letter
?? - Interview at SF Sansome
?? - Oath Letter Received
?? - Oath Ceremony

I received IL, thanks all

Just a quick one on the oath - passport issue. Do we have to pick up the passport at city all?? or do we receive that in mail???

Since they will collect your green card once you passed the oath. Let's say I will be moving out the country between oath date and passport receiving date. Is that possible for someone pick up the passport for me, and mail to another country?

You need US passport to travel outside country after oath

I received IL, thanks all
Let's say I will be moving out the country between oath date and passport receiving date.

If you travel outside before your oath, then you can travel with your current passport (hopefully, its not expired :)) Once you take oath, you travel on US passport. You'll definitely need it when you enter US.

hi svj,

but what about i have to travel between the time i have taken my oath but not receiving my passport yet??

hi svj,

but what about i have to travel between the time i have taken my oath but not receiving my passport yet??

If you show proof of travel then I think you can apply at passport processing center and get passport within 24 hrs. I haven't serarch forum, but this is posted in one of the threads.