N-400 San Francisco timeline

Congrats Andromeda.

BTW did you get your GC also from CA.

Yes CA for both. DO was SJC for GC and DO now is SFO coz of moving from South bay to East bay. I was surprised to receive IL within a week of others getting it, since had read that IL are issues twice a month, but looks like there is no hard and fast rule. I think you and others around same PD's should get it soon too.

I got my FP done on August 8th in Oakland. I am also waiting for IL. GC obtained through marriage. Has anyone that did FP in August received IL?
Today I checked my online status and the system did not accept my receipt number. The last time I checked earlier this week, the system gave me the usual "case pending" status, so I figured they probably mailed me my IL. I called INS 800 number and they confirmed that my IL was sent yesterday, my interview scheduled for 12/13/07. So now I am waiting for the IL in the mail and pray that my interview goes well in December.

I just thought this might be useful info for those still waiting to receive their IL.
07/24/07 Received FP notice
08/7/07 FP Done at Oakland [Appointment was 08/7]
10/18/07 Interview Notice sent
10/19/07 Online status disappeared, waiting for IL letter in mail

Anyone received oath letter?

Has anyone received oath letter for those who had interview in October so far? I'm wondering if I can get OL for Nov 20th ceremony.

svj,
are the oath dates public? For example do they publish the dates in which oath takes place for next few months ?

Has anyone received oath letter for those who had interview in October so far? I'm wondering if I can get OL for Nov 20th ceremony.
3 weeks between Intvw and Oath letter. Another 3 weeks between Oath Letter and Oath Ceremony. Give and take a few days here and there, you have a chance for Nov 20th Oath or else Dec 4th for sure ... I think

One of 1603

Completed my Oath today along with 1602 people from 101 countries. Same experience as the others on this thread. It was not all that boring.

Decided not to apply for Passport as I will be changing address soon. Did not do the Social Security update or voter registration for the same reason.

01 May 2007 - Sent application by Certified Mail
04 May 2007 - Received by USCIS
04 May 2007 - Priority Date
22 May 2007 - Notice Date
23 May 2007 - Notice Mailed by USCIS
25 May 2007 - Receipt Notice I-797C Received by me
04 Jun 2007 - Mailed FP Notice by USCIS
06 Jun 2007 - Received FP Notice for 27 Jun 2007 by me
27 Jun 2007 - Finger Printing at Oakland
12 Jul 2007 - Received Interview Letter
31 Aug 2007 - Interview at SF Sansome
27 Sep 2007 - Oath Letter Received
23 Oct 2007 - Oath Ceremony

Received Oath letter for Nov 20, 2007

Received oath letter today dated Oct 22, 2007. Oath is scheduled for Nov 20, 2007 at Masonic Auditorium. :):)

Proper attire should be worn - what is proper attire???

Received oath letter today dated Oct 22, 2007. Oath is scheduled for Nov 20, 2007 at Masonic Auditorium. :):)

Proper attire should be worn - what is proper attire???

Proper attire would be something equivalent to what you'd wear to a job interview, in other words, a suit.

Proper attire would be something equivalent to what you'd wear to a job interview, in other words, a suit.
Interview letter also says proper attire. I was thinking of using a dress shirt and a black pant. In the valley, suit in an interview is not common. In my company most people come in t-shirts for interview and that is common in many tech companies.

Interview letter also says proper attire. I was thinking of using a dress shirt and a black pant. In the valley, suit in an interview is not common. In my company most people come in t-shirts for interview and that is common in many tech companies.

A dress shirt and black pants is definitely acceptable. I'd also wear a tie, but nowadays ties are becoming more and more optional. Basically, the naturalization ceremony is a formal affair, so you're expected to dress formally.

I took my oath earlier this week... about 5% of the men wore suits. I was one of them. Thought it was unnecessary, but feels nice to dress up once in a while :D . Dockers/dress pants and a nice full sleeve shirt should do. I saw one youngster wore long T-shirt that ran below his knees! Since its a mass ceremony and you will be standing where you are seated in the auditorium, as opposed to going up on to the stage, no one really cares!

A dress shirt and black pants is definitely acceptable. I'd also wear a tie, but nowadays ties are becoming more and more optional. Basically, the naturalization ceremony is a formal affair, so you're expected to dress formally.

I took my oath earlier this week... about 5% of the men wore suits. I was one of them. Thought it was unnecessary, but feels nice to dress up once in a while :D . Dockers/dress pants and a nice full sleeve shirt should do. I saw one youngster wore long T-shirt that ran below his knees! Since its a mass ceremony and you will be standing where you are seated in the auditorium, as opposed to going up on to the stage, no one really cares!

I work for an engineering firm that has no formal dress code, so I wear jeans every day. Personally, I would definitely wear a suit, just to celebrate the completion of a long and sometimes painful process!:)